If I were a rock star...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
When I was little I wanted to either be Marie Osmond or Sher.

You know, they're so much alike!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Guitar: ....And I always wanted to be the Cher...without the Bono....:Jump: But had the voice of Barbara Stristand....Either way...I would have had lots of money and a very interesting life. (to say the least) Not sure I would have wanted all the mental junk that went along with it though.:roll:

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Anyone here actually ever try to be a rock star? I've played the bass for over 20 years now (I'm 31), and in my late teens/early twenties I was in many, many bands. I even went on tour a couple times and married a groupie. But that's as far as it went. :Guitar:

I always wanted to be Steve Harris.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Navigator, I played lead and did back-up vocals in bar-bands for years. Was a lot of fun.

I'd be Janis Joplin.

But alive.

And without the heroin.

Last edited:

lucyishome

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was in the 5th grade many many years ago I planned to be in a band with my best friends. I wanted to sing and play the drums. Of course the closest I came was playing violin and singing in the school choir.

I was a big fan of Def Leppard at the time and planned on traveling to England to meet them. I wrote letters explaining my planned itinerary and how I would be staying with each band member for a certain number of days. I called airlines to get rates. Of course being 11 at the time I never considered that my plan would ever work out. Oh the fantasies of a young girl.

Anne

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
MacAllister said:
Navigator, I played lead and did back-up vocals in bar-bands for years. Was a lot of fun.

Hey, now we just need a drummer and a singer and we can have an AW band.

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh! Can I play keyboard or synth, or something? I'm not good at playing by ear, but I can sight read very well.

(Okay, so I play for my church every Sunday. I'd have to get a new wardrobe.)

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
If I were a rockstar, I'd be getting booed off the stage all the time.

I can't sing.:eek:

In fact, when I sing, dogs howl.:(

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
I've been told I have a slight resemlance to John Sebastian, lead singer of the Lovin' Spoonful.

headshot.jpg

(Uh, this is me, not John Sebastian.)

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
JoeEkaitis said:
I've been told I have a slight resemlance to John Sebastian, lead singer of the Lovin' Spoonful.
Yep, I do see a resemblance. Boy, there's a name that brings back some memories.

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
JoeEkaitis said:
That might explain why I kept getting the "Is that. . .?" stare when we went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. :)
Mmmm-hmmm. But come on now, didn't it give you just a teensy thrill?;)

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
CLEVELAND ROCKS!

OK - I just had to say that, even though it's snowing here, I'm not originally from here and I actually haven't been to the R and R Hall of Fame yet. But Rock on Joe!

scullars

Writer/Bibliophile
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I'd be a female Jimi Hendrix or Jesse Johnson with the pipes of Chaka Khan or Gladys Knight (and the abs of Ashanti and the *** of Beyonce, but only those; I don't particularly relish their pipes).

There is a black rocker by the name of Starr Cullars, whom I secretly suspect I am related to b/c any Af-Am Cullars I run across, I am somehow related to, whether nth degrees removed.

http://www.netwebrecords.com/Songs/Star folder/star.jpg

Last edited:

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ray, the weird cowboy hat-wearing dude from Doctor Hook and the Medicine Show. That guy just kills me.

Or John Bonham, drummer for Led Zepellin.

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
XThe NavigatorX said:
Hey, now we just need a drummer and a singer and we can have an AW band.
Isn't there some writers' band - all I remember is that Stephen King is in it.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, man, that's so easy for me. If I were a rock star, I'd be Stevie Nicks. In a heartbeat. All that seductiveness, the voice, the looks...when I grow up, I wanna be her.

WVWG

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
lucyishome said:
When I was in the 5th grade many many years ago I planned to be in a band with my best friends. I wanted to sing and play the drums. Of course the closest I came was playing violin and singing in the school choir.

I was a big fan of Def Leppard at the time and planned on traveling to England to meet them. I wrote letters explaining my planned itinerary and how I would be staying with each band member for a certain number of days. I called airlines to get rates. Of course being 11 at the time I never considered that my plan would ever work out. Oh the fantasies of a young girl.

Anne

These fantasies often turn into college jokes. Me and my girlfriends joked about moving to Nashville to "stalk" the stars, marry one, and well you get the picture. Those conversations were usually over far too much cherry vodka (hey, it was cheap).

But, I've got a friend that I am holding to our "deal." When we get booted out of acadamia, can't get a tenure job (the market is rough, and yes we are cynical folks), then we are gonna live out of our car and play in our own band. We both back at the guitar, I'm decent on the sax, and the two of can do elementary piano. Yup, we are gonna be rock stars who just can't play and as for singing . . . we'll just let the dogs howl. :Spam:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.