Reaction score
cc

Last edited:

pilot27407

Sockpuppet
Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Scarlet is a woman who just had to muster every ounce of energy to survive in the war torn South. Cut her some slack.
Stobrod, is a classic chase of paranoia, searching for, what he couldn’t achieve.
He must first come to peace, with himself.
Solomon, is the archetype villain of our days, and we would love to have God strike him, but not kill him, for we actually need him, just as a reminder, that we aren’t that bad.
The Outsiders I didn’t read.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Francis Dolarhyde, from Red Dragon. I don't know when I've felt such sympathy for a character who does such terrible things to innocents. Thomas Harris explained how the boy became the monster so well you can't be glad when it ends badly for him.

Damned shame Harris became a complete sell-out and no longer writes good novels.

Maryn, calling a spade a spade

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Actually, Scarlett was a little beeyotch from page one - before the war broke out. The war only gave her an excuse later on. She was always selfish and self-centered.

Professor Snape - from Harry Potter. I hated him throughout the whole series for being such an a-hole. But then... he totally redeems himself.

I'll have to think about this a little more. :)

pilot27407

Sockpuppet
Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Scarlet was a spoiled little gal, who had to grow up real fast or face the consequences.
Not much choice I would say.
And, aren't we all selfish, most times?

And listen Megan, if, to everything I say, I’ll only get acceptance and no arguments, I’ll never learn a new trick.

Last edited:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Professor Snape - from Harry Potter. I hated him throughout the whole series for being such an a-hole. But then... he totally redeems himself.
I loved Snape from beginning to end. He's one of my favourite characters ever.

I'm not sure who I love to hate. I'll have to give it some thought.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Benjamin Linus - LOST

maybe the best 'bad guy' character ever put on TV

Um, but didn't you hear him, DWSTXS? He's the good guy. ;)

(But I so totally agree with you. Best bad guy ever.)

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Mary Crawford in Mansfield Park -- she's so jaded by high but bad society, yet I still like her better than Fanny and want her to get the guy.

Scarlett I could never hate -- she's such a beautiful, healthy, selfish animal. Plus she can do math in her head way better than the guys.

Ellsworth Toohey in The Fountainhead -- he's so evil but so deliciously snide. Plus he gets hit with the most unanswerable putdown in the world and takes it very well.

Dracula. The Lord of the Undead brought low by mortals, so sad.

Last edited:

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
Not a book...

X-Files - Cigarette Smoking Man he has no real name he is part of the shadow government that promotes the lie that covers up the truth about aliens.

In one episode he tries to get a short story published that he has been working on since before the Kennedy assassination. He sends it to what ends up being a vanity press for magazines. They totally change everything about his story. I believe that if they published his as he wrote he would have quit the shadow government. He had his resignation letter ready and everything.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Tywin Lannister, from A Song of Ice and Fire.

If he's on your side, you can relax, as much as anyone ever relaxes in the Martinverse.

If he's against you, you'd better be twice as intelligent, ruthless and unforgiving as he is, or he'll have you killed and secretly drug your wife to make sure you never have any heirs.

What a magnificent bastard.

Daehota

Registered
Reaction score
I loved to hate Q from Star Trek Next Generation. He's so quirky and original in his megalomania. He honestly appears confused sometimes that his intentions and his acts are met with horror on the part of mere mortals.

Status
Not open for further replies.