Silly but important Query Question - HELP please :)

Jewey Witch Goddess

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeweygoddesswitchery.blogspot.com
silly, perhaps, outright ridiculous questions, but i'm finding that i have a LOT of those these days.

when you query an agent and they email you back with a 'we'd like to see your stuff, etc.' is it proper, or improper to write a quick 'thanks, it's in the mail' email back.?

seems like a no-brainer...just pop the stuff in the mail, but something tugs at me to just say 'thanks so much! i'll get that right out to ya'

it's these kooky things that are eating up brain space. so HELP!

thank you so.

AOC

Registered
Reaction score
Nope you dont have to. just hold on and wait till they accepts or rejects , then send it ^^

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
It's actually a good idea to send a very brief reply saying, thanks for your interest, I'll get it right out to you. If nothing else, it helps them remember who you are when they get it.

It never hurts to be polite -- just keep it short.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I always email a thank you note back. Also, I usually send an email to make sure they have received it a few days later. You want to keep yourself fresh on their minds. However, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to your question so don't worry too much about it. The agent is already interested. I don't think there is any agent who would ever think of turning someone down for sending a thank you email.