Calling Amsterdam(sters)

z10

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to move to Amsterdam soon and wanted to know a few things about the place
first of all, can i expect to get a job in a coffee shop in 'dam?
how cheap/ expensive is renting out apartments?

more questions to come when i think of them

ps. i'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, please do move it if not

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking to move to Amsterdam soon and wanted to know a few things about the place
first of all, can i expect to get a job in a coffee shop in 'dam?
how cheap/ expensive is renting out apartments?

more questions to come when i think of them

ps. i'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, please do move it if not
I've lived in the Netherlands before, and have an interview next week for a job in Amsterdam. Maybe I can help a bit. First, finding work in Holland can be difficult if you don't speak the language. There are a lot of people from the former Eastern Block who are now entitled as EU citizens to work in Holland which squeezes the job market for unskilled workers quite a bit.

In order to work in the European Union (Holland) will require a work visa unless you a EU citizen.

Many of the coffee shops will hire seasonal workers, but they do require you have a work permit or rights to work in the EU.

There are not so many coffee shops jobs, but there are a few websites that offer work in various EU countries for students. Might consider checking these sites (agencies) on google.

Amsterdam is fun. Granted, but it's also the financial center for many banks and such industries that help support the Dutch economy.

Good luck on you endeavors.

z10

Registered
Reaction score
could you please tell me some of the websites that offer work in EU countries?
im an eu national so there's no need for a work permit
and getting a seasonal job in a coffee shop would be the perfect job for my circumstances, is there anything else i should know?

thanks for all that info

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
could you please tell me some of the websites that offer work in EU countries?
im an eu national so there's no need for a work permit
and getting a seasonal job in a coffee shop would be the perfect job for my circumstances, is there anything else i should know?

thanks for all that info
Ahhhggg...I don't have the websites for seasonal work in the Netherlands on my computer. Sorry. But maybe you can try www.monster.nl or www.planetrecruit.com . I'm not sure how helpful they'll be for your job search.

Also try Undutchables: undutchables.nl dats a good one for English speken werkers.