Can a 'dance break' refresh a sedentary writer?

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
:Shrug:There writers sit, hour after hour, as though glued to the chair. Gradually, inspiration - concentration - fades as though a shade's drawn over the brain.
While many of us find ways to prevent this, one of the best I've found is to turn on some music (if it's not already on), then get up from that chair - and dance!
OR, perhaps you'd rather do something else.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
...never have danced, but it sounds like a great idea!
(the tenants down below may think otherwise)

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer just walking around more than dancing. What's that? Christopher Walken's Fat Boy Slims music video....? Um....no, I've...uh...never danced around with that on...! Who told you that? My kids? Kids, they say the craziest things....

:)

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer just walking around more than dancing. What's that? Christopher Walken's Fat Boy Slims music video....? Um....no, I've...uh...never danced around with that on...!

Ooh, what a great video to be reminded of! Brings an instant smile to the face. :)

Weapon of Choice.

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
Jersey Chick - re/"I have to get up and at least walk."
...good! - whatever works. Today, instead of dancing, I need to pull out the vacuum cleaner - have it ready for those get-up-&-move moments.

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
Dancing is a good idea. Walking also helps because it gets you out, and many writers get some of their best ideas while just walking and thinking.

Me, I hoop or walk. Dancing requires me to switch into a different mind-set.