Is there unknown power in positive thinking?

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
There is, according to one fellow who was born in the 1800s:
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems; but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort", according to Herb Albright,
(1876-1944)

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
bluntforcetrauma -
Yes, it may help the positive thinker more than anyone else, although I do believe there's something contagious about it.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm paraphrasing probably but I always like the part in Say Anything when Lloyd is talking to his sister and says, "Why can't you just decide to be in a good mood and BE in a good mood." She replies with sarcasm, "Gee, it's easy." But I remember watching that one day in college and dawning on me that I was wallowing, in essence choosing to be depressed. It helped me a lot to decide not to wallow.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like Lemme. He also said once that people who were up in arms about rock n' roll were just sitting around waiting to be offended. He travels with two bags, one for clothes and one for books. I only know one Motorhead song, but I think he is cool.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
It seems they are forever wasting money on silly studies. When I was young and in one of my many hormonally-based depressions, I would go to the restaurant and hum as I worked. Within half an hour, I no longer remembered what had set me off. This also ensured that whoever I came in contact with would still leave a tip. Of course positivity is contagious, as is negativity. Consider your waitress saying, "Here's your friggin' food, idiot!" Wouldn't that just ruin your whole day.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
It seems they are forever wasting money on silly studies. When I was young and in one of my many hormonally-based depressions, I would go to the restaurant and hum as I worked. Within half an hour, I no longer remembered what had set me off. This also ensured that whoever I came in contact with would still leave a tip. Of course positivity is contagious, as is negativity. Consider your waitress saying, "Here's your friggin' food, idiot!" Wouldn't that just ruin your whole day.
Yep. Kerr is right.(I'm really contributing a lot to this thread, aren't I?)

Seriously, I am not a calm person. But I've found that by smiling, I become calmer. And feel happier. And that in turn causes others to smile back, or at least not glower at me. Which, if they did glower at me, my stormy personality would rear its ugly head.