chronic pain poetry contest

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
came across this while I was doing my chronic pain site and blog:

2008 Migraine and Headache Poetry Contest
Whether you've never written a word in your life or you write every day, we invite you to submit a poem to raise awareness about Migraine disease and celebrate National Poetry Month.

http://www.healthcentral.com/migraine/poetry-contest.html?ic=6009

Contest Rules

Subject must be headache or Migraine related, but may be metaphoric or abstract. Form: Rhymed, free-verse, any form of poetry, but not prose. Poetry must be original and written by you. Submission of poetry written by someone else will result in disqualification. All poems must be unpublished work, never before published anywhere. Length: Maximum of 60 lines, no more than 80 characters per line (including spaces and punctuation). Number of entries: Please limit entries to no more than three poems per person. Age: Poems written by persons under 18 years of age must be submitted by a parent or legal guardian. "Family-friendly" language required. No profanity or other potentially offensive language Deadline: Monday, April 21, 2008. Submissions received after this date will be deleted. Decisions of the judges are final. You do not need to live in the U.S. to enter, but all poems must be written in English. Entries must be presented complete with spacing, punctuation, and correct spelling. Do not enter in all caps. We cannot retype entries. We reserve the right to disqualify, without notification, any entry not complying with these rules.

Winners will be announced and the poetry published on MyMigraineConnection by April 30th, in observance of National Poetry Month.

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Tina. Take note, all - the deadline is April 21.