Status
Not open for further replies.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
This blind man with his dog went into Harrods Fashion shop. He went up to the first floor and all of a sudden he grab his dog and held it ubove his head pointing it in all directions. The Floor manager came up to him and ask him if anything was wrong, if he could help. Said the blind man, no thank you, I am just browsing.

I hope this joke works.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Smack: .....................THAT IS GREAT.......:Clap: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :Jump: :hooray: :hooray:

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Somebody bought Stevie Wonder a cheese-grater for his birthday. He said it was the most violent book he'd ever read.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
arrowqueen said:
Somebody bought Stevie Wonder a cheese-grater for his birthday. He said it was the most violent book he'd ever read.
:Smack:

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:faint: ......that is funnnnnyyyyy...........:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hermit

Registered
Reaction score
Cute but the jokes on you....especially in a writing D-Board. My best friend is totally blind and he would really laugh at your joke BUT he would be offended by your spelling and punctuation! Blind is blind but spelling & grammar mistakes on a 'writing' D-Board is not excusable!:guns:

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
English is my third language

Yes I know Hermit! I am the only one on this board who cannot use English correct and its no joke! Its a handicap in communication and in this way yes, the joke is on me. English is my third language (I have a ghostwriter and a corrector - see my work at http://users.skynet.be/spier/ done by them). I am basically on this board to 'improve' it ... but seeing your remark, oh no, I don't seem to make any progress. I have anyway decided NOT to post in Office anymore. I just don't have the knack!

Tnx for the comment. Its like a stern teacher pipping one off.

aspier

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Argo, your English is just fine! I think you're improving daily! Please don't stop posting in Office, or anywhere else you want to post. :)

Hermit is a good guy--he just had a snarky moment. Shame, Hermit, shame!

Practice will only make your skills that much stronger, but you already communicate quite beautifully, and we'll miss you if you go. :(

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
<deleted a portion I felt was unfair to another member of the board>

We all make mistakes and I bet you'd find some in the posts of the best writers on this board. Uncle Jim made a typo or two in his "Learn Writing" thread (although for over 600 posts that's darn good).

adding: That said, we should all strive to do our best when we represent ourselves in public as writers. Truly said above, this is a writing forum. I respect how the majority of the posts on this forum are literate and use excellent spelling and grammar. When I come to the Coffee Break, however, I lower my expectations considerably since this is the place to have fun and blow off steam. OK, off my
EmoteSoapbox.gif
now. Hermit, I apologize for last night's post.

Don't go Aspier!

Last edited:

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Mmm two more posts ... clearvoyant posters!

Hermit, you are ok! Oh you are stern and use a lot of points between words but no sweat, ok. I fully understand your remark. Was actually a good one, no? 'joke on you'. Chapeau! (hats off for your 'touche' = touch with the sharpend end of a sword). You know when I came here I was quite surprised how such a bigggg board had only American posters. Its of course a problem when somebody starts posting in foreign languages. Jenna and her AKA Erasers wouldn't have any control. And of course there is a kind of 'threatening' going out from that but wouldn't this so-called 'globe thing' of the web only come true really when people from different nationalities post on the same board. Have you ever met a Chinese or Geisha (mmmm) from Japan anywhere on the web? I haven't! And I would love to! See, the thing with Ez-boarding (D-board?) is imo that people seem to 'tele-transport' real-life community forming relationships into the cyberness of web posting. That's a holder back. A kind of 'us' against a 'them' creeps in. Anyway, I'm jabbing too much and that's how I don't pass tests! All I just don't want to feel is as welcome as a fart in an astronout suit!

Macallis + Dawno tnx for your posts. Maybe I stay some more, ok?

as

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Huh: ...you post to your hearts content...and have a good time. If you can't pass gas at home where can ya? :snoopy:

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aspier, my cousin is blind and I can't wait to share the joke with her. She will fall down laughing. Also, please don't stop posting, I didn't even realize English wasn't your first language until you posted that. Just figured you were like me, wrote what you were thinking and sometimes made typos, sometimes made grammar errors. Hey, we aren't trying to sell these posts, we're just talking to friends.

Nita

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
such

Tnx ritinrider ... fanclub's growing ha ha! That too, I am like that (as you post) to, more interested in communicating than editing. Most of the things I post here I have to edit several times. Actually I don't even know what I am writing most of the time. All you got to see is nice edits. But its the same with my work. I don't really know what I am doing most of the time + etc such you know?

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
this might scare you aspier, it would for sure if you knew me, but I understood perfectly what you mean. Maybe I should try editing my words before posting. *thinks about it for a second, since that's as long as my attention span is* Nope, I'll just type, post, and hope for the best.

Nita

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
Aspien, English is my second (or is it third?) language, too and I know how hard it can be to be the "foreigner." I think it's awfully gutsy of you to jump in and be yourself. You have my vote. :Thumbs:

Welcome! And I hope you'll continue to stay on. :hi:

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Hug hug! The two foreigners (stooges?) have found each other! And as the story goes ... they immediately fell in love.

Marry me! Wink!

Tnx for the encouragement. Soon I'll be President if it goes like this but then again ... I don't like to wear suites! From now on I vote for you too whatever you post, ok!

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kit, take Aspier up on the marriage proposal. He told me in another post he can cook! If I remember correctly your mother is still holding out hope you will learn to cook. See, marry Aspier, no problem. :Coffee:

Nita

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
We all make the occasional mistake, Hermit.

If I were going to be pernickity, I'd point out that it should really be: 'the joke's on you' (with an apostrophe) and 'spelling and grammar mistakes...ARE inexcusable' - but I won't.

:D

aq

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
Aspien, let me get this straight-- you're a foreigner (man, I'm sure I'll love your accent, too), you're going to be President one day and you know how to cook? :heart::heart::heart:

Heck, the boyfriend can wait. I'm all yours! LOL.

Nita, my mom is STILL not giving up on the dragging to the kitchen routine! I mean, how many things do I have to burn before she finally learns that I'm not cut out for the stuff? :Shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.