Where to Submit Flash Fiction?

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
I've been writing a lot of flash fiction lately thanks to the March Flash-A-Day Challenge, and some people have urged me to submit some of the better ones.

The only problem is that I'm totally ignorant on what markets seek and accept sudden fiction, and where to do this sort of research!

Most of my research has been geared toward getting one of my longer works to an agent, and I've looked at Writer's Market a bit but found it rather lean. Anyone care to suggest how to go about doing this research, or to direct me to an appropriate thread on the matter that already exists?

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Try duotrope.com. They have a large number of listings and you can search on flash fiction, novelette, etc.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
There are some stickies listing markets in the 'Sudden Fiction Discussion' sub-forum.

I find huge lists of markets a bit over-whelming when I'm starting out. What I've been doing is looking at the 'take a bow' thread and the goals and accomplishments forum. Some markets get listed time and again for taking work from new people.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. We have a good index of markets right here including links to duotrope and ralan where you can narrow your scope by genre and pay level.

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Aha, I knew I just wasn't looking in the right place. Thanks for the suggestions!

And feel free to keep them coming if such is your wont!