I'd Brag If It Weren't So Tragic

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I read some chapters from my novel at random. I'm now officially the wolrd's worst writer. Good night nurse! Why didn't somebody break my two typing fingers?

Doesn't matter. I'm gonna hang around here as long as the world needs their buttons pushed. It don't hurt matters that a certain honey of a girl frequents the joint either. For that reason alone, it's well worth the trip.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
:e2violin:
BFT, step away from the ledge. Your writing is fine. :) Just breathe in and let that thing sit a bit. Then, come back and edit.

Yes. 'Edit' is a four-letter word. But a good one.

And we're all here to help you. :e2cheer:

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm fine with it. I edited and edited until there was no more to edit. Actually, it's a release. Something about a sense of humor and a realistic picture of myself makes it quite pallatable. Who cares? Lisa comes around here. That's plenty of satisfaction for myself.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I'm now officially the world's worst writer. Good night nurse! Why didn't somebody break my two typing fingers?

I can assure you, you are not. Yesterday I suffered through a column by an NYT writer which made me wish for a long lounge on a bed of piping-hot nails the writing was so awful. I'll be happy to PM the thing to you if you need evidence that you are NOT the world's worst. It was so bad, so blowhardedly wordy, condescending, dense, and grammatically headbending that I cut it out of the paper and will be framing it as an example of what not to do should any of my future grandchildren think they wish to be writers.

So buck up bft. Chin up this minute, hear me? Good. And have a cookie.

:e2cookie:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Um, fresh eyes here. I've read one of your stories BFT and it was NOT terrible. In fact, I was quite entertained. It's easy to be critical of our own work. After all, you see every missed stitch, every seam, every pick in the fabric. Others see the tapestry.

Take a deep breath and keep at it, buddy.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can assure you, you are not. Yesterday I suffered through a column by an NYT writer which made me wish for a long lounge on a bed of piping-hot nails the writing was so awful. I'll be happy to PM the thing to you if you need evidence that you are NOT the world's worst. It was so bad, so blowhardedly wordy, condescending, dense, and grammatically headbending that I cut it out of the paper and will be framing it as an example of what not to do should any of my future grandchildren think they wish to be writers.

So buck up bft. Chin up this minute, hear me? Good. And have a cookie.

:e2cookie:

Thanks for the cookie, but I'm quite happy, I assure you. At least the guy can grammatically headbend! Sounds psychedelic, maaaaaaaaaan. ;) PM it to me. Sounds like fun.

BFT? WTF??

Have you shared your work? Do you have the opinions of people with "fresh eyes"?

Are you sure all the evidence is in, as it were?

Well when I read and thought WTF BFT? Seems pretty cut and dried.

Um, fresh eyes here. I've read one of your stories BFT and it was NOT terrible. In fact, I was quite entertained. It's easy to be critical of our own work. After all, you see every missed stitch, every seam, every pick in the fabric. Others see the tapestry.

Take a deep breath and keep at it, buddy.

Oh, what I read was entertaining alright. I laughed my patootie off!

Really I'm not sad one bit. Now if this were on my deathbed and I found out, I'd be pissed.:roll:

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, right. Get back to work.

MelodyO

Waiting for love on the web
Registered
Reaction score
When we're talking about how dreadful you are, are we talking about plotting or style? And can you post an exploratory paragraph as evidence of your profound lack of talent? ::tickles you::

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
Rick! Step away from the wringer washer! Besides, even if you did crush those two typing fingers, you'd still find a way to write... she says as she types this very slowly, with a broken right wrist . ;)

Once you start, its damned near impossible to stop. Thinking it's no good is all just part of the process... it's what makes you a true writer (I hope... oh no... unless they all lied to me, and that would mean ...:scared:)

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

We are all the worst writer's in the world, didn't you know that?

Well, I know you were.

Yeah, right. Get back to work.

In the words of one Maynard G. Krebbs "WORK!"

Except for those times when we're geniuses, of course.

Strike three

When we're talking about how dreadful you are, are we talking about plotting or style? And can you post an exploratory paragraph as evidence of your profound lack of talent? ::tickles you::

Post paragraph and put good people in danger? I'm telling Lisa you tickled me.

Rick! Step away from the wringer washer! Besides, even if you did crush those two typing fingers, you'd still find a way to write... she says as she types this very slowly, with a broken right wrist . ;)

Once you start, its damned near impossible to stop. Thinking it's no good is all just part of the process... it's what makes you a true writer (I hope... oh no... unless they all lied to me, and that would mean ...:scared:)

We've been duped, Mary. The jig is up.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Read any of my stuff on SYW at all? And that's the stuff I thought was good... I have stuff on the hard drive that'd make peoples' toes curl. :eek:

Whatever you end up choosing, hope you're happy with it, but I'll bet your stuff isn't as bad as you think :D

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I read some chapters from my novel at random. I'm now officially the wolrd's worst writer. Good night nurse! Why didn't somebody break my two typing fingers?

Doesn't matter. I'm gonna hang around here as long as the world needs their buttons pushed. It don't hurt matters that a certain honey of a girl frequents the joint either. For that reason alone, it's well worth the trip.

Shut up. First Draft Shitty. FDS. Remember that.

Besides. I've read your blog entries. I like your writing style.

So, I repeat. Shut up.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Okay BFT, don't you be harshing my mellow here.

Making me want to go back and read my own writing. Who knows what I'll find in there.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I'm now officially the wolrd's worst writer.

Ha, yeah, right. Remember me, the guy who writes like Melville? A 256k wordcount novel now edited down to 96k which still bores the hell out of everyone?

Shelve it for a few months while you write something else.