Status
Not open for further replies.

redjennphd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.aol.com
Howdy all. Does anyone know how to make a 'personal avatar' instead of a cartoon one from the list? If so please let me know. Thanks so much
Jennifer

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Hi Jennifer,

The system is set up so you have to have 50 posts, first. After your 50 posts, you get to customize your sig and avatar. :)

Some folks manage to game the system just a little bit in the "pad your post count" thread...

And Welcome!

Mac

redjennphd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.aol.com
Thanks

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I really appreciate it. I'm literally brand NEW to Absolute Write, so I'm still learning and will probably needs loads of help.
You rock! Thanks so much for your help, and you're welcoming me here.
:Clap:

Hermit

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome redjennphd :welcome:

I believe you need 50 posts PLUS 20 rep points as well. Yes, you can 'pad' your post count but you still need to make some quality input for people to give you some rep points.

BUT, if you look at my stats...I only have 28 posts and yet I have my own picture. There is another secret way!:Ssh:

Look at the top of the page. It says "To make a contribution to help us with hosting fees, cost of the board, and addition of a chat room, please click here. Thank you to our generous benefactors".

With a contribution, Jenna gives the benefactors some special stuff....a customizable avatar is one of the things. Cool eh?:Clap:

Anyway, it's not really a secret. I hope more people give something to compensate the great job they do here! It's really worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.