Parents who have used (or use) commercial baby food

willwrite4food

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.FinishedPages.com
I'm finishing up an online article on this topic and could use a few quotes from parents who have used jarred baby food. Did you use it for convenience sake, mostly? How did you choose which brands to use? Did you opt for any of the organic brands, and how did you like them? You can PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any input I could use. Thanks!

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Renee,

I used baby food for convenience sake, but then it got too expensive, so I made my own. I chose by price and preference. I was a Gerber baby (I think).

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
I am a working mom and I use jarred baby food to supplement my toddler's diet and for convenience. He does not get it every day, but it is useful for traveling or when he is being picky - there are two kinds we will always eat. We only buy organic - Earth's Best. It is not too expensive because it is not a staple in his diet.

mada

Getting back in the groove
Registered
Reaction score
At first, I used jarred food because I thought it was going to be impossible to make her food at home while working full time. After our financial situation changed, I started to make everything. To be honest, I was amazed at how simple it was. Once our finances were good again, I kept making it. I would always put a few servings into the small gladware containers so we never had to use jarred again.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I make fresh when I have time other times it's jarred, or tubbed now. I sneak the little guy ice cream, chocolate and gravy when no one's looking.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I started with jarred food, but then it became too pricey. So, I kept it on hand only when I didn't have time to use my handy-dandy little food processor, juicer, and blender. :) Ice cube trays freeze perfect sized portions.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I started with jarred food, but then it became too pricey. So, I kept it on hand only when I didn't have time to use my handy-dandy little food processor, juicer, and blender. :) Ice cube trays freeze perfect sized portions.

Hints From Hollowell :) The ice cube trays are a dandy tip. Thankee kindly, ma'am.

mommyjo2

Bad grammar make me [sic]
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.milehimama.com
I use the jarred food once in a while, but usually just feed baby whatever everyone else is having.

I keep it on hand for times when we have something Baby can't eat - like enchiladas. Or for traveling, when I don't know what or where we'll eat.

I also keep a jar of prunes around for...you know!

I use Earth's Best organic. Also the Gerber plastic rectangle packs of fruit.

I have 7 children, and went whole hog with the baby food for my first two... now that I'm an "old pro" I really don't find it necessary.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I use the jarred food once in a while, but usually just feed baby whatever everyone else is having.

I keep it on hand for times when we have something Baby can't eat - like enchiladas. Or for traveling, when I don't know what or where we'll eat.

I also keep a jar of prunes around for...you know!

I use Earth's Best organic. Also the Gerber plastic rectangle packs of fruit.

I have 7 children, and went whole hog with the baby food for my first two... now that I'm an "old pro" I really don't find it necessary.

It's been one of those times lately when Ian really needed those prunes. They did the trick yesterday. A little Karo syrup in the baby bottle helps too. Yes, rectangles. I called them 'tubs'.

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
I would keep a jar in the car in case of emergency. Other than that, my kids ate the same as the adults did. I just mashed up a little on the side of my plate and fed baby from that.

At that age, babies have the best-developed tastebuds they will probably ever have in their lives. Then parents wonder why they turn their nose up at potato and mashed banana when you're tucking into all manner of wonderful things. :)

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Ok- I'll be the bad mommy- Jarred food all the way- my kids are only 13 months apart- some days I was lucky to get a shower let alone make baby food-

Mike Martyn

Registered
Reaction score
With the fist kid, we made the food.

The second kid arrived 2 years later. We fed them Gerbers.

The third kid arrived 18 months after that; Gerber, Gerber, Gerber.

The fourth kid arrived two years after that. WE FEED HIM PIZZA CRUST!