Stanley Cup Predictions

talps

It's all happening...
Registered
Reaction score
There's still hope for your team, talps. They managed to win one last night.

...and there was much delirium, when we scored the OT goal that ended our 13 game losing streak to the Habs. And most weren't just losses - they were beatdowns! I'll still be shocked beyond sanity if they win the series... But then again, I'm still sorta shocked they're in the playoffs to begin with!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, there go the Senators. What a disappointment. They started the season 15-2 and looked like they were on track for a record setting season, then began to fall apart half way through. By the time the playoffs arrived, they were a shambles and barely made it in. So it's no surprise Sid the Kid and the Penguins gave them a spanking.

Big game tonight for the Flames. They can't let the Sharks take a 3-2 lead in the series, it would be really hard to win two in a row against them. Iggy and friends have to keep doing what they've been doing and not let the momentary lapse that cost them the last game get to them. Easier said than done, of course.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Oh man. I have hated the Sens since they first took to the ice. I honestly tried to root for them in that series, but somewhere around game 2 I gave up. It's just not in me. I don't know why I hate them so much, I just do???

Montreal to win it tonight? Fingers crossed! Go, Carey, Go!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Flames / Habs final? I'd love it. The last time I rooted for the Habs to make the final was back in the 90s when my beloved Leafs were playing Gretzky's LA Kings in game 7 of the other semi-final round. The thought of a Leafs/Habs final was too good to be true. Then Gretz had one of his miracle games, scored a hat-trick and ousted the Leafs. What ticked me off was how the Kings subsequently folded against the Habs. Why couldn't they have folded against the Leafs? *sigh*

Okay, wishful thinking nostalgia trip over -- GO FLAMES GO!

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
LOL. I remember that series. I SO wanted the Leafs to face the Habs. My family are all Leaf supporters... brothers, brothers-in-law, cousins, wife, son, etc, etc, etc... I especially wanted the series to happen because of my older brother... we had a great rivalry going when we were growing up in the 70s when the Habs were on fire. Would have been great to see that series.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Oh, yeah!

Broadway Blue Shirts send the Devils packin'!

nyr.gif

GO RANGERS!!!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So K-man -- wot happened to the invincible Price the other day, hmmm? :D

(Chunky hopes K doesn't mention the Flame-out the same night)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I know! That first goal closed him right down. There were 3 absolutely terrible ones. He basically just stood there. Frozen. The one, he just set it down and gave it to the wrong team... that one hurt.

I still have faith. Tonight's the night.

PS... I woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare last night. My nightmare? The Habs lost game 6. But they'll win tonight. I still think the Price is right.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
One-nothing after the first. Price is back. Did you catch that breakaway save!

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Okay. You got me. I'm heartbroken. Hopefully they can win game 7 on home ice.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't witness it for myself.. B's forced a game seven.
Yeah, I live here but I am a Montreal fan...

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I split my loyalty between the Leafs and Habs. I live near Toronto but was born in Montreal. My early hockey watching days were spent marvelling at Lafleur, Dryden and Cournoyer. My mom got The Rocket's autograph while in the hospital when I was born. I can't shake the Habs. They're in my blood.

Now that the Leafs are done like dinner (as usual) I root for Les Canadiens. I they lose, I have to go for any remaining Canadian team, and after that I would like any Original Six team to win.

Don't care - as long as it's hockey!

I have a copy of Roch Carrier's The Hockey Sweater, autographed by such notables as Lafleur, Jimmy Mann, Ron McLean, Steve Shutt, Marcel Dionne, and more! I didn't get Maurice Richard's even though he was refereeing the Old Timer games, and my mom LOST THE AUTOGRAPH SHE GOT!

talps

It's all happening...
Registered
Reaction score
Why is it that I'm always the loser rooting for a team by myself... ;)

I don't think anyone's on my side either, JC...

Though if anyone is... Oh... My!

One of the most exciting periods of hockey I've ever seen!

We just won't go away...
Boston-Bruins-logo.gif
and it's totally thrilling!

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Chump... What a great book that was... The Hockey Sweater. Luck you for having all those autographs. I finally got Marcel Dionne's a month or so ago at Ricoh Centre... for the Alumni Game. I also grew up watching Dryden and LeFleur... I did it from the heart of Toronto in a family of Toronto fans. I was born a Hab fan. I don't know why? When I was 5 I was cheering for them. When I was a couple years older I was out on the street being Dryden and Lefleur in street hockey. (-; And Dionne.

I caught a puck at the alumni game and Johnny Bower autographed it for my son. He also got a whole bunch of autographs on his Leafs jersey. He was born a Leafs fan. Very painful for me... But if you see his room you would think you were at the ACC. Pretty impressive. I sometimes expect the Hockey Hall of Fame to knock on our door and ask if they could move his room to the Hall of Fame.

Sadly, my wife won't let me turn our bedroom into a Habs shrine. )-;

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Go Wings!

We'll do well if they keep Hasek on the bench and let Osgood work is magic in the goal.