Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I'll bite. Care to expand on the OP? I don't get it.

Just today I talked about a few ideas for my next book with my wife. We had vistors and talked about things. And then we talked about other people.

What type of person am I?

JJ

Deleted member 42

I think hierarchies are poor systems for intellectual discovery.

Look, those aren't three mutually exclusive categories.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have an idea! Let's talk about people's things! Or have small talk about the idea of people's things. Or talk about the idea of small people's things.
The possibilities are endless!

Last edited:

CDarklock

Yes!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.darklock.com
I think of it a little differently.

Small people talk tactics. "We'll punch them in the face, and then kick them in the balls!"

Average people talk strategy. "We'll circle around the bunker and sneak up behind them!"

Great people talk logistics. "We'll go to their source of fresh water and poison it."

Of course, I see the world rather differently...

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
You know...it took me a minute to connect the dots here. Your thread title is the same as your siggy, which has a link to your website. This is nothing more than poorly conceived advertising for your own site.

In other words, this thread is about nothing until you 'artfully' steer it to your site, hoping for hits. Try subtlety next time---perhaps it will work better.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Yes. That's what I first thought, mscelina. I gave benefit of the doubt in asking the OP to expand.

On further thought. I could tell by the communication used in the OP that my first response was on the money. For further information on this seemingly bizare point I made, please refer to my blog on Using Body Language in Writing.

You gotta give me points for trying.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.