I'm stepping away from AW and going to the Bahamas

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
My wife and I are taking a Bahamas cruise, leaving Friday morning, on Royal Carribean. It's a four day trip, we're back in town on Monday. And flying to Miami on Delta, thank God. This is our first-ever cruise together after nearly eleven years of marriage. We thought maybe we'd also have miracle happen (pregnant) while on the cruise, but after reading that other thread, I don't know.

Anyhow, we'll see Bahamas and Nassau.

Any cruise tips?

allen

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, no cruise tips...but good luck and have fun and enjoy. :)

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Jerk. You had to come rub it in...cruising with your spouse, no children...Jerk.

But, uh, have fun. I haven't cruised the Bahamas since '92, but that was on a 40' sloop, not a cruise ship. :tongue

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
My wife and I are taking a Bahamas cruise, leaving Friday morning, on Royal Carribean. It's a four day trip, we're back in town on Monday. And flying to Miami on Delta, thank God. This is our first-ever cruise together after nearly eleven years of marriage. We thought maybe we'd also have miracle happen (pregnant) while on the cruise, but after reading that other thread, I don't know.

Anyhow, we'll see Bahamas and Nassau.

Any cruise tips?

allen

I've been on 4 cruises and I love them, they are the best vacations you can have. My best tip is, take the stairs, and don't wait for the elevators. Therre are always long lines to get on and off the elevators. If you don't wait you'll get there faster, and the walking up and down the stairs will offset all the delicious, free, constant food!

Also, they will probably have a midnight chocolate buffet. You may not decide to eat any of it, but by all means, go to it.
It is a midnight showing of hundreds and hundreds of chocolate and other dessert 'creations' and 'edible works of art' that they put on display in the main dining room. Most cruise lines do this on one night only during the cruise. It is awesome, and tasty!
If you go to it and don't take your camera you'll regret it.

the minute you walk onto teh ship, you'll be greeted by people with fancy drink concoctions asking you if you'd like a celebratory drink, and welcome aboard! These drinks are about $8-$10 and they will be added to your room service bill. LOL watch out for them. I know because i grabbed one thinking they were free and got yelled at by my wife.

Have fun!

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Jerk. You had to come rub it in...cruising with your spouse, no children...Jerk.

But, uh, have fun. I haven't cruised the Bahamas since '92, but that was on a 40' sloop, not a cruise ship. :tongue

was that The Sloop John B ?

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
I've actually been on the cruise that you're going on, twice. If you and your wife drink a lot of pop(soda whatever) buy the drink package. It's well worth the price, even on the four day cruise. Go and do whatever it is you want. They have some pretty funny shows that they put on. The first time I went I regretted not going to the shows every night, the second time I did go, and they were a blast. Most importantly, have fun!

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
*runs in, grabs Huggis...swings him 'round*
Ooooooh, I've not seen ye' since the takeover of Royalty For a Week!!
*slathers fuzzy face with kisses...runs back to Cabaret*

Last edited:

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May you run into rough seas and use the extra motion to help achieve your stated goal. Then, try your best to duplicate the extra motion when you return home. The former for procreation, the latter for recreation.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Just let loose and enjoy yourself. Not a whole lot of things to worry about on a cruise. Lots to do. Lots to eat. Or do nothing -- just relax. Nassau is okay but I prefer the Big island better -- less touristy and more things to do like snorkeling and scuba diving. But really, cruising is easy life. Enjoy.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Tip. Take a blow dryer with you and use it to heat the room up. Not kidding. They keep the rooms like super cold. And HAVE A GREAT TIME.

sandyn

AW Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Enjoy every minute. Take lots of pics. And relax.

If you both relax and don't overthink the mission, it'll happen...

My husband and I took a short Bahamas cruise for our honeymoon. I'd never been on a cruise or even out of the country. I absolutely loved it and the trip became a big part of my first (unpublished, as of yet) novel. Someday we hope to take another cruise.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Have a blast Allen and I hope you can knock up the misses on the erotic sea of romance.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
  • eat
  • 3 miles out and you are in international waters. Gamble like crazy.
  • eat
  • 3 miles out and you are in international waters. Girls are topless poolside.
  • Lose the wife when you go poolside.
  • eat
  • Around 5 PM, it gets chilly. Take a sweater or a sweatshirt
  • Around 5 PM, it gets chilly. Lose wife – go poolside.
  • Start drinking after 5 to warm up.
  • Don’t take Dramamine; it makes you groggy messes up the cruise
  • There are little pills I took. They are wonderful. My wife remembers the name.
  • Go to all the shows!
  • Take a pair of lingerie because there is a lingerie contest where guys dress in their wives, girlfriends (or their own) nighties and compete for prizes. Make sure you took the advice about drinking.
  • You are never going to win the lingerie contest as they have pro’s who go on the cruise to take the cash prizes
  • You will fall in love with the lingerie winners. Don’t be ashamed, drink more and stare. Try to find the man clues.
  • The Wing Bridge is the best puking spot.
  • Make sure you are on the lee side of the wind when you puke DUH!!!
  • Brush teeth before sex….hers.
  • I am not going to spoil the joke about what AMB stands for on an Italian vessel.
  • When you get off the boat in Nassau there will be tons of kids looking for money. Don’t pity them, walk on.
  • Take a cab and go to Paradise Island. Visit Crystal Palace
  • Brush teeth after sex…..yours.