PDA

View Full Version : Farewell parties?

Exir
04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
I have a scene describing a farewell party conducted in a classroom, for the departure of a student. However, the scene seems flat. Are there any ideas for common activities in farewell parties?

dirtsider
04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
What grade level? That'll dictate what kind of activities would be offered.

Although, in my experience, I didn't get much in the way of farewell parties when I left. But that was just me.

Jersey Chick
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I have a few suggestions if your character is in grammar school - my daughter's class has had three kids leave. Each time, the teacher sent my daughter home with a blank letter, for her to write the departing kid, and a place to attach a photo. They also do a regular party - someone brings in a treat or two, and drinks, and they just kind of hang out at the end of the day.

Anything older, though, and I'm not much help - sorry 'bout that. :D

auntybug
04-10-2008, 09:10 PM
We moved in the middle of my daughters 3rd grade. The teacher let me have a big party for her. It was like a b-day party. I brought cupcakes & party favors for all the kids. It was a horse theme. They all had bandanas & misc goodies & she had a horse that they all autographed.

Hope it helps!

Fern
04-11-2008, 03:07 AM
My kids school did the same when classmates moved. . .a party for the last day they were going to be there. Usually cupcakes or cookies and pop. I always thought it would have helped that "last walk out the door" - made it less sad - if someone had taken a wagon, decorated with balloons and had the class pull the moving kid to his vehicle.