Farewell parties?

Exir

Out of the cradle endlessly rocking
Registered
Reaction score
I have a scene describing a farewell party conducted in a classroom, for the departure of a student. However, the scene seems flat. Are there any ideas for common activities in farewell parties?

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
What grade level? That'll dictate what kind of activities would be offered.

Although, in my experience, I didn't get much in the way of farewell parties when I left. But that was just me.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I have a few suggestions if your character is in grammar school - my daughter's class has had three kids leave. Each time, the teacher sent my daughter home with a blank letter, for her to write the departing kid, and a place to attach a photo. They also do a regular party - someone brings in a treat or two, and drinks, and they just kind of hang out at the end of the day.

Anything older, though, and I'm not much help - sorry 'bout that. :D

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
We moved in the middle of my daughters 3rd grade. The teacher let me have a big party for her. It was like a b-day party. I brought cupcakes & party favors for all the kids. It was a horse theme. They all had bandanas & misc goodies & she had a horse that they all autographed.

Hope it helps!

Fern

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
My kids school did the same when classmates moved. . .a party for the last day they were going to be there. Usually cupcakes or cookies and pop. I always thought it would have helped that "last walk out the door" - made it less sad - if someone had taken a wagon, decorated with balloons and had the class pull the moving kid to his vehicle.