True or False. Death Comes in Three's

Does Death Come in Three's?

• Total voters

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
On Friday I had a long phone talk with a woman who lives in my town. We were acquaintances. She wanted me to write something in my column about a trip her and husband recently took. We ended up talking about kids, and personal stuff and it was nice.

However on Monday I found out her husband died the day after I spoke with her. I went to his funeral today.

When I came home, I opened up the paper and saw a collegue of mine passed away. When I first started at the paper in 1989 he was there.. but had moved on. He was only 57.

I have always noticed that death comes in threes and I believe in it.. Does anyone else?

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought that only applied to celebrities

I had three deaths in my family last year, after years of not a single one. The first two within weeks of each other in the spring, the last in the summer.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I guess it is one of those supersitions that I do believe in. Have seen it happen all the time. Maybe it just makes us more aware of others when one happens close to us that we see the other two...... Just my 2 cents.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
On a local radio station here, they have a weekly segment called the 'Death Trifecta'.

Every week or two they go over the celebrities/famous people in society that have died recently. There are 6 people on the radio station that participate in this...

They talk about the recently deceased people and vote on whether or not that person is famous enough (in their opinions) to be included. If voted 'in' then that deceased celebrity (or sports figure, politician etc etc) gets a spot in a 3 bedroom apt (in the sky, heaven etc).

Every time an apt fills up with 3 people they move on to the next deceased celebrity, and start a new apt. Therefore, each apt has 3 recently deceased persons living in it from now on.

It's funny to imagine some of the pairings they've had. The dog from Fraiser shares the apt with 2 other celebrities and so on. It's really hysterical to hear the segment.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Violent deaths seem to come in three's. OD's, car crashes, murders, things like that. At least in my experience.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
155,000 people die a day. when you think about a chunk of time—a week, a month, whatever—you're getting up into millions dropping dead every day.

the odds of 3 people within your lifetime circle of family, friends, acquaintances and people you've known dying in a short time are not remote by any stretch and certainly not mystical.

in case you haven't guessed yet, i voted no.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
My mother had a dream about two months ago where her deceased older brother (who also died recently) was at home. She and my aunt went to visit and he informed them to leave, he said there were two others they had to make room for and she and my aunt were not the two. About two days later my mom's nephew died of some sudden brain tumor that they never noticed, and a week later my grandmother (my mom's mother in law who my uncle knew) died from sudden heart failure. Her death was so sudden that even the doctor was shocked. I had an appointment with him that same day and he asked why my blood pressure was up, my husband told him, and he told me how shocked he was at the whole day. Apparently she was not deathly ill either.

I had a aunt who died in 1965 with her brother in law, sister in law, their two children, herself, her two sons, and both women were pregnant. The only living surviviors were her husband and 2 year old daughter. She dreamed a few nights before their death that she and all were in a blank room and they could not find her daughter or husband. Her mother (my granny) said "Your pregnant, it's just a dream". All were killed in Ky when a drunk driver hit them head.

My mom has had these dreams before, so has my son. Luckily my son never predicted anyone's death, however he did predict his and my mothers surgeries happening at the same time. Turns out he was right and his was totally by accident. Her's surgery was sudden too, and she always says my son has her gift.

I believe that we can find out things through dreams, because it happened to me. It was really bizare and no one would believe me if I posted it here..

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I voted no.

Death comes in the thousands, like William said.

Continuously, each and every day.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I believe more than one death occurs within your circle in a year, but not necessarily three.

I've heard that if you dream about dying it means you or someone close to you is pregnant. :Shrug:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I had a dream I had sex. Does that mean I'm going to have sex?

Oh, I was gonna say something about being married and the possibility dropping dramatically every year, but I better keep my mouth shut.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hear people say that a lot.

My dad, uncle and grandpa all within 3 months of each other.

My mom, father in law and long time family cat all in 6 months.

My grandma's death was followed by two births.

Our beloved ArrowQueen, a close friend's mom and my sweet MouseyMoo all in three month's.

I guess it all depends in who you know.

Wait, they all knew me! :eek: