DO YOU EDIT YOUR THOUGHTS ?

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
:poke:When a downer thought pops into your head, do you have the guts to delete it, then move on to something positive?
Or is the downer stuck there, refusing to budge - to get out of the way for something better?:Sun:

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I save them up and dwell on them for a while. My internal delete button doesn't work as nicely as the one on my keyboard.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
I internalize them, then unleash it all in the form of class-clownitude at work and *ahem* online, on the theory that if I don't laugh I'll cry, and if I start crying I'll never ever stop.

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
bluntforcetrauma - re/ 'change my mind now and then'
I've heard that's a good thing ---- if not carried too far.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I have found that when that kind of thought tries to stay in my brain.....bouncing around, (Lots of room for it to do that.) that it is best to stop it and refuse to 'go there'. Festering never did me any good......IMHO.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
If most of us gave action to the thoughts in our head, this world would be a scary place indeed.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, I poke at it until it festers and then I write about it. *shrug* works better then delete, actually.

I'm starting to agree. I wrote much more eloquently from that kinda stuff. Well, at least I think I did, anyway.

Cheaper than therapy, and just as cathartic, imo. :D

Food for thought. Maybe I'll have to go back to interviewing my inner moppet, rather than spanking her...

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I do try to edit myself because my petty negative thoughts tend to suck me down in a spiral of death and dismay until I don't want to get out of bed. So sometimes I crank up the music and do dishes, or unload on my husband, or write, or pray, or read a good book. Most of the time it works. :)

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
Negative thoughts are good things to have around. They balance out the good ones. If that balance wasn't there, you'd be one of those freaky people who smile constantly. *shivers* Those people make me feel all twitchy.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I get a downer thought, I suck on it like a ZOTZ candy and let the bitterness coat my tongue until, at last, the acid interior fizz produces a pleasant burn.

Then I crunch the sumbitch and enjoy a burst of green-apple optimism.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I fertilize and water it, give it just enough light, and turn that downer thought into a particularly gruesome murder, which I then market.

Maryn, who finally finished killing Esther--anyone want to volunteer?