A Challenge for everyone

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I heard on TV the other day (while passing through the room) about a pastor who challenged his congregation to not complain for 21 days.

It doesn't matter what religion you are or if you believe. The object of the exercise is to get negativity out of your life.

We have set up a jar and each time anyone in the house complain we have to put in a nickle (we are expecting a lot of complaining) At the end of the 21 days the person with the least number of complaints gets the money.

I would up the ante but the kids don't have that much money.

So far we are on the second day. I've one good thing happen. My granddaughter didn't put the top tight on the rice, and when she went to put it away. It fell all over the floor including our Beagle. Usually I would have been complaining... why didn't you...... whatever. However I took a minute and looked at the dog... she look so funny with cooked rice all over her. I ended up laughing and actually rolling on the floor.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dammmmmmmmnnnnnnn! I did better than win the lottery! I got a Haskins rep for the last post!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I am filing a complaint with the mods. I have had enough with challenges.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this, Joyce. I really love this idea and I'm gonna talk with my family about doing the challenge. Maybe we'll talk tonight after watching the Idol Gives Back show. I think, though, that whatever we collect will be donated to charity, rather than be prize money.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this, Joyce. I really love this idea and I'm gonna talk with my family about doing the challenge. Maybe we'll talk tonight after watching the Idol Gives Back show. I think, though, that whatever we collect will be donated to charity, rather than be prize money.

Make checks payable to:

Bluntforce Industries, LLC

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score

That is an excellent idea. Last night our family's dinner conversation was the best in ages... It really made a difference..

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
Nice! Sounds like a fun challenge, and a good opportunity to practice alternate responses for later use in novels.

"You have to cook the dog first before you put the rice on it, honey."

(kidding! KIDDING! omg! don't hurt meh!)

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Nice! Sounds like a fun challenge, and a good opportunity to practice alternate responses for later use in novels.

"You have to cook the dog first before you put the rice on it, honey."

(kidding! KIDDING! omg! don't hurt meh!)

LOL.... I know I'm nuts but the rice was really cooked for the dogs to eat. I make them dinner everynight.. Yup I am a certified nut case... cooking for dogs.. :)

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL.... I know I'm nuts but the rice was really cooked for the dogs to eat. I make them dinner everynight.. Yup I am a certified nut case... cooking for dogs.. :)

My mother in law has been cooking for dogs ever since I met my wife. She doesn't know it, though. *Rick slides plate under table "Here damn dog, eat this crap!"*

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
Up the ante! This is how I win their allowance back from the little bas-- from the kids every month!

Seriously though, this is a great idea--we may try it at our house, if only our house wasn't such a cramped crackerbox of.... whoops! Yeah, a nickel's probably the right amount...

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Up the ante! This is how I win their allowance back from the little bas-- from the kids every month!

Seriously though, this is a great idea--we may try it at our house, if only our house wasn't such a cramped crackerbox of.... whoops! Yeah, a nickel's probably the right amount...

I'm beginning my new economic plan. 25 cents for a sheet of toilet paper. $8 for a phone call (local). Food and drink? Ha! They can't afford my exhorbitant prices! *Rick rubs hands together "Excellent."*

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score

Allowance... they pay us for living here... :) Just kidding...

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score

No, you aren't certified yet. Real certified nut cases get up at 6 a.m. on their days off to take their pets to the vet.