Hail and Farewell.

Terran

Registered
Reaction score
For now.

My time in the sandbox is at an end and we will be returning home in a few days. I owe a great debit of gratitude to the folks here, not only have you been a invaluable resource to my writing, but whether you realize it or not you have also been a great source of support during a difficult time.
When I joined this board I thought it was going to be a good tool for my writing, and a way of taking my mind off of life here in Iraq, but I never expected it to go much further than that.

In the two short months that I have been a member here I have met some amazing people, have received great advice and constructive criticism. I have gotten pissed off in the PC&E forum. Engaged in debate with some of the members who frequent that forum, who have in turn become pissed off with me.(CasualObserver I’m glad we were able to work that out) I have come to the realization that the Water Cooler is like an extended and somewhat dysfunctional family, I would like to consider myself part of that family as-well.

I have some pretty major life changes ahead of me. In June my enlistment with the Marine Corps is up and I have decided to return to the civilian world. It was an extremely difficult decision to make but I know it is the right decision. I have spent most of my adult life in the Corps, and quite frankly leaving it for the world of long hair, nose rings and baggy pants scares the shit out of me. I love the Marines and wouldn’t trade anything for the experiences I have had and the people I have met here, but over the last 4 years constant deployments have taken their toll, so I will be trading my Marine Corps green for Law Enforcement blue.(god help you Duluth, MN)

I wanted to say again how much you people helped out and hopefully I will be back in a couple of months.​

Terran

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Teran;
I will miss you. Hurry back safe and we'll be right here waiting to hear from you.

All the best,
Rick

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck and Godspeed, Terran. Thanks so much for your service.

P.S. It takes some getting used to, but civilian life ain't too bad, really. :D

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck, Terran. And thank you for your service to this country. We are all indebted to you and others like you.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Take care! Thanks for your service.

You'll always have a spot in the crazy family when you're able to join us again! :)

Terran

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments they really do mean allot.

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Turning in your girlfriend for a civilian piece, eh?

Tired of living off of just coffee? Gotta add some doughnuts to the menu?
:ROFL:
I just met ya and now you're gonna leave me? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo...
Well, If it's to come home, then - OK.

See you on the board when you get back!
:e2coffee::e2drunk:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i've enjoyed talking with you and hope you do return soon.

thank you for your service to our country.

Last edited:

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Terran, for your service and your posts. I hope your life in blue is fulfilling. Looking forward to your first stateside post, marine.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Terran,

My thanks to you for your service, both there and on AW. But, hey, it ain't goodbye. AW allows law enforcement officers, too.

:)

Keep your head down.

But.. Duluth? On purpose? :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
The best to you, Terran. I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better, but have a safe trip home and enjoy everything. Come back soon.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Terran, it's so good to hear you're leaving us for such a great reason. Let me be the first to say, "Welcome home!" To the US, that is. And hurry back to us, too.