• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta readers wanted for thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Barnes

Registered
Reaction score
Below is a part of my query letter. I'm looking for anybody interested in reading the whole thing (or at least the first fifty pages). I'll read yours if you'll read mine!

Brad Everson has a failing marriage, a boss he can’t stand, and a soul-crushing job as a low ranking in-house attorney. It’s his job to assist in the defense of GenTech -- a high-tech, politically-connected drug company -- against allegations that its best-selling sleeping pill, Zynix, causes its users to become paranoid and go on murderous rampages. Brad thinks the claims are bogus; after all, he takes Zynix and he’s not having any problems. He is called to the office late one night because an executive has died in an apparent but unlikely suicide. Brad suspects that something untoward may be going on and starts investigating -- he was a former prosecutor, after all -- and he uncovers a conspiracy going back thirty years and extending to the highest reaches of the company. Brad is implicated in the death of the inventor of Zynix, and, with suspicion swirling around him, his wife is found stabbed to death with Brad standing over the warm body. Then he starts hearing the voices.

Now Brad’s real troubles begin as he realizes that the voices are other people’s thoughts, and the scope of the conspiracy is much larger than he realized -- even threatening the foundation of the US government.

Prawn

Writing is finite,revising infinite
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Jake! I wanted to thank you for your comments on my novel. I am sure the next revision will incorporate your suggestions. Good luck with your novel!
P

Status
Not open for further replies.