movie where someone is served wine in an upscale bar

Laurie Champion

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www-rohan.sdsu.edu
Hi Everyone:

My character is a movie buff and he wants to serve his g/friend a glass of wine (Including opening the bottle, etc.) like he's seen in a movie. Anyone know of a movie, preferably a classic, where wine is being served in a high class manner?

Thanks so much,

Laurie

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
How about Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? Michael Caine shows Steve Martin how to properly pour and serve wine to a woman there.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

My character is a movie buff and he wants to serve his g/friend a glass of wine (Including opening the bottle, etc.) like he's seen in a movie. Anyone know of a movie, preferably a classic, where wine is being served in a high class manner?

Thanks so much,

Laurie

Hmmm..I'm trying to remember. I there is a classic scene in Casablanca where they are drinking champagne. I can't remember if someone opens the bottle.

You might want to try looking into a James Bond movie. They are always drinking in fancy places.

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Try "The Saint"

There's a great wine scene at a snooty restaurant. "Sir, that wine is $500 a bottle..."

"Then we'll have two."

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Or The Blues Brothers

"Wrong glass sir..."

Okay, maybe not the Blues Brothers :D

...Say, can you toss me a shrimp? Just remembered, the waiter was Pewee Herman...

Prawn

Writing is finite,revising infinite
Registered
Reaction score
Try "The Saint"

There's a great wine scene at a snooty restaurant. "Sir, that wine is $500 a bottle..."

"Then we'll have two."

And then he pulls this big wad of money out of the front of his jeans! Who was that actress? I always had the hots for her.