Should I be spooked?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Tonight is my late shift at work. The job I'm doing is from 11pm to midnight, so I have to be in here round about 9pm-ish. I always get the bus along to our new site, which is down beside the river on a new industrial estate. Bus stop is in the middle of nowhere. Literally there is the road, a couple of these new buildings on one side and just waste ground on the other.

So getting off the bus, three times I could've sworn there was someone walking just behind me, maybe six feet away. Happened as I was making my way to the front of the bus, like I was sure I saw someone about to hop off at the same stop just as I got off. Then as I crossed the road to the side our building is on, I was sure I saw someone walking along behind me. Finally as I was going down the little road to the entrance to our building it happened again. There was definitely no one there, as since it's such an open, desolate area, I made sure to look and make sure.

That could be down to just something bugging my peripheral vision or something, but it's getting weirder. The motion sensitive hand dryer in the Ladies here just went off when I was nowhere near it. Now that thing, usually you have to thump it before it recognises anything is there and starts up. At this time of night there are only about a dozen people in the building, most of whom are on the ground floor beneath me. Up here there's only me and one other person and she's in her room not doing anything.

So, I'm in the big open plan office on my own, and the whole place has motion sensitive lighting - sit still too long and they go out. Other than this part of it where I'm sitting (which is also outside the room where the other lady is), the place is in darkness. No one else in. So the lights just started going on all around the place for no reason.

Should I be scared? ;)

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Something's happening. That's apparent. But should you be afraid? Not really. It doesn't accomplish anything.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Sometimes people working in media environments or nuclear power stations fall through rifts created by overlapping magnetic fields and disappear forever, so that could be something to watch out for. They say when the rift opens it looks like a vertical crocodile's mouth with black fangs.

-Derek

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes people working in media environments or nuclear power stations fall through rifts created by overlapping magnetic fields and disappear forever, so that could be something to watch out for. They say when the rift opens it looks like a vertical crocodile's mouth with black fangs.

-Derek
So you've seen my toilet, eh?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score

-Derek

That was a media environment (a newsroom). I think power issues might be to blame since our channels all went wonky tonight too, to the point where we didn't know if there was any point being on air. Turned out that only affected our building, but it did affect all the TVs in the building... I think the place is just a bit mad.

Was all very spooky though, especially being in there on my own and that place being so deserted after dark. Think maybe I have too much of a writer's imagination ;)