Kids these days

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My oldest son, Zack, 15, has been asking me for a plot of land this week. This morning, I took him to the far end of my property and gave him some ground. He was gone all day. When I went to check up on him, he had turned over sod by hand with a shovel in a rectangle measuring 25' x 36', broken up the clumps, removed the grass and had laid off rows and planted himself a garden. He had also bought tomato plants, corn and green onions with his own money, not to mention bales of straw.

He could have used the roto tiller, but he loves manual labor. Yeah, kids these days are useless. And to think his guidance counsellor at school is always on him for his long hair.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
My oldest son, Zack, 15, has been asking me for a plot of land this week. This morning, I took him to the far end of my property and gave him some ground. He was gone all day. When I went to check up on him, he had turned over sod by hand with a shovel in a rectangle measuring 25' x 36', broken up the clumps, removed the grass and had laid off rows and planted himself a garden. He had also bought tomato plants, corn and green onions with his own money, not to mention bales of straw.

He could have used the roto tiller, but he loves manual labor. Yeah, kids these days are useless. And to think his guidance counsellor at school is always on him for his long hair.

Sounds like a good kid to me.
I think some of the guidence counsellors at some schools are nuts. We are raising our grandchildren and when I went to register my granddaughter at school (we went down to VA to pick her up) the counsellor asked me? Why are you registering her in school? There are only 3 weeks left to till the end of the year.

A kid has to be in school... gheez.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's fantastic, Blunt. He must be a great kid like Spooks said.

Last edited:

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com

Clearly your son needs a psychiatric evaluation.

That's just not normal, man. ;)

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
His Mum is to blame for the strong work ethic. Our children learned early that to get anything, it entails dedication and elbow grease. Otherwise, how would one understand that iPods are paid for with blood, sweat and tears. Needless to say, he values his labor too much to buy one. But if he asked me tomorrow, we'd get it for him.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, Rick. He does sound useless. No irrigation system?

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score