Not open for further replies.

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
It's been so beautiful the past few days, I had to dig out pictures of my yard from last spring and summer.
One picture is my picnic area in my yard. The other is my grape hyacinth bed.
Enjoy the nice weather and think spring.
Well that didn't work. Be back. LOL

OK, why didn't the pic come onto the screen instead of the link? Oh well so much for the second pic. :)

Last edited:

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
Sun is shining here after a nice rain last night and again this morning. Dandelions have been sprouting up everywhere. I love looking at those spurts of yellow joy in my yard every year.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh you guys are making me so jealous! lol Spring won't be here yet for awhile - we just had more snow yesterday! We sort of just "skip" over spring here and jump into summer in June! So tell me more - give me some visual imagery while I peer out the window at the snow capped trees in my yard!

Debbie

:Sun:"my little sun guy helps a bit!"

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:D Living in Arizona we pass right on by Spring and head right into Summer. It will be in the 80's this week. (sigh) And yes...it is a 'dry heat'. :snoopy: (whatever that means) :confused: But I love it as I've been out here from Illinois since 1968. I freeze if the temp drops below 70. :crazy:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Oh yeah, yellow joy (Hi Joy!) -- I'm talking about daffodils. I have over 2000 blooming in my backyard now. Wow!

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
As I look out the window, I see and hear birds singing...squirrels are playing...the leaves on the trees are green...wildflowers are blooming everywhere...and OMG, there's Ray peeing off the back porch again. Oh well, nobody's around here (except me) to see him.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
What are those, Joanne? Only daffodils and some purple flower things are coming out here... (sorry, I'm not a gardener. ;) )

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Me too! Joanne, I love these pics. I think we're getting snow this weekend, did you hear that? Better cover those pretty posies!

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Those are lilacs, aren't they? I love lilacs. They have such a sweet scent. Hopefully I'll be able to see them soon in my front yard.....

Great photos btw, Joanne!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From the home of the Lilac Festival, no, those aren't lilacs. I have killed many lilac bushes, some quite expensive, so I know!

The purple flowers appear to be grape hyacinths. (Note the shape of the clusters. Like grapes, yes?) I have some in front, but so far all I've got is about an inch of green poking up through the last of the snow. (I hope it's the last, anyway.) Our daffodils aren't up yet, either, although that's because they're on the shade side. Neighbors' sun-side daffodils are showing green shoots.

Spring arrives here in maybe 2-3 weeks. Not soon enough!

Maryn

Spookster

Maiden of the Blade
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha. My local weather forecasted a high of 85 with 78% humidity. The thermometer in my front yard is currently reading 94. Um, that can't be right. Hmm. Well, it doesn't really matter anyway. With humidity nearing 80%, it's going to be a sweltering day. Boy, I love FL. Spring occurs the first week or two of March. Then we get to enjoy 90+ degree weather until October.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
My backyard last spring/summer. The previous owner's retired and he's a master gardener. His work was amazing. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with it.

I know the orange ones are daylilies... but what are the other ones?

Spookster

Maiden of the Blade
Registered
Reaction score
The advantage is you get to wear shorts for 8 months out of the year. I have great legs, so that's a good thing. The disadvantage is you have to shave daily for 8 months. ;)

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Gorgeous photos, and what's in them too!

Thanks for the great pictures. It's overcast and breeze today - Cleveland - what else? But it's warm. We unstuck the windows and let that just spring scent waft everywhere.

I love your wishing well, Joanne!

Status
Not open for further replies.