Do they still have The Right Stuff?

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I admit it. I gave a little fangirl "squee" when I saw the news that The New Kids on the Block (aka NKOTB) were reuniting on NBC's Today Show, April 4th (Friday morning). The scuttlebutt is they are announcing a reunion tour, and there's a new website counting down to tomorrow's segment.

Joey McIntyre was my first crush. There, I said it. Okay, so I was ten years old. I had a New Kids poster, I had their cassettes and music video tapes. Heck, I may have even had a sheet set.

Anyone else brave enough to admit they were a fan?

And with Donnie stepping back into the music biz, is a Marky Mark revival far behind? ;)

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
it just goes to show the state of the music world today that so many people are thrilled with their return.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I admit it. I gave a little fangirl "squee" when I saw the news that The New Kids on the Block (aka NKOTB) were reuniting on NBC's Today Show, April 4th (Friday morning). The scuttlebutt is they are announcing a reunion tour, and there's a new website counting down to tomorrow's segment.

Joey McIntyre was my first crush. There, I said it. Okay, so I was ten years old. I had a New Kids poster, I had their cassettes and music video tapes. Heck, I may have even had a sheet set.

And with Donnie stepping back into the music biz, is a Marky Mark revival far behind? ;)

Yes, I'm right there with you, fangirl squeal and all. I had a big, fat ginormous crush on Jordan. Oiy.

Ancient history! I'll have to watch and see how it goes.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
it just goes to show the state of the music world today that so many people are thrilled with their return.

:ROFL: And the majority of us are adult women.

Yes, I'm right there with you, fangirl squeal and all. I had a big, fat ginormous crush on Jordan. Oiy.

Ancient history! I'll have to watch and see how it goes.

I have a current crush on Donnie Wahlberg. He doesn't get the meaty acting roles that his brother gets, but he's still pretty darn good. :D

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: And the majority of us are adult women.

I have a current crush on Donnie Wahlberg. He doesn't get the meaty acting roles that his brother gets, but he's still pretty darn good. :D

He was awesome in The Sixth Sense. I didn't even recognize him the first time I watched it. Yowza.

Just for old time's sake.

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
Just for Chaos...

1314060.jpg

Terran

Registered
Reaction score

Dear god, I think I'm gonna hurl.:wag:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I can't believe this was not an April Fool's Day thread. For real? NKOTB is reunionizing? Are they still going to call themselves NKOTB? (I suppose Men in Their Late 30s and early 40s On The Block isn't quite as catchy.)

I wasn't a fan. I was more the "new wave" type, when it was called "new wave" and not "alternative."

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
That the music industry would even think of it makes me sad. :(

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear. Oh my.

Kelly, you really do sound about ten years old right now. As in, ten-year-old screaming fangirl, apparently. :D This thread is going to come in handy someday. *tosses it into his secret BLACKMAIL folder*

ETA: *looks to the left* Dammit. I forgot that was still there.

ETAA: Uh oh. Forgot about the Modulating powers.

Last edited:

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Donnie was my favorite but Joey is the hottest now. This morning I emailed my girlfriend who always liked Joey that she's gonna have to fight me for him. I realize my obsession must've been bad when I've had at least a dozen people email me this week to make sure I knew about today. I can't watch US tv here but I've also had the proper links sent my way.

Squeeee!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I love you gals. :D

One of the cool things about it, though, is that it must mean that Jon is really over his panic disorder. He was going through it at about the same time I was, and my heart hurt for him when he made a very honest Oprah appearance about it-- he panicked during the show. Not a lot of celebs would let themselves be seen that way.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
They're a little before my time. But if the Bay City Rollers ever get back together, gi' me shout.

S-A-T-U-R...

(I had a pair of BCR argyle socks)

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Janna I remember hearing about that. My friend commented that they barely let him speak this morning but maybe that was by choice.

And, did anyone else notice that the date of their upcoming performance (May 16) is right between Danny & Jordan's birthdays? (May 14 & 18, if I remember correctly). Yes I have a problem.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I'd forgotten about Jon's panic disorder. He seemed extremely cool and collected this morning, and he's gone into Real Estate, which is a very people oriented career. Even made a joke about how bad the housing market is right now.

Janna I remember hearing about that. My friend commented that they barely let him speak this morning but maybe that was by choice.

Joey and Donnie were the only two talking much, both during their initial intro and the Q&A later. But I didn't mind. Joey was my fave then; Donnie's my fave now. So I was happy. :D

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score

He was my favorite. So cute! When I went to their concert (I was like you, 10 or 11) we sat in the fifth row. Afterward, people started clearing out... I stood on my seat, gave him the "I love you" sign and he smiled at me. So true. Or, I was just so ga-ga for him my imagination acted it out. Who's to know for sure? ;)

Yup, I was a big, HUGE fan. I had the clothes, the music tapes and tour videos, puzzles, life-size cardboard cutouts, you name it... *sigh* I wonder if it's all in my parents' garage somewhere?

I'm not overly excited about their reunion, but I'll be curious to see what happens next. If they put any new music out and if it's good.