.Hack//Signs

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
I recently picked up the anime series .Hack//Signs on DVD. I'm still only on the second DVD but I'm really enjoying it. I don't actually play online games like Everquest or WoW (although I know people who do) but I have played D&D in the past. I still LARP now. So the whole concept of the show as people playing an online RPG is fantastic. I love the concept of characters playing as "characters" and all the references to the "outside world" and the computer jargon that is part of that scene. And I adore the music.

So has anyone else watched this show? It's kinda old (about 4 years old or so) but it was on TV at one point as well. I just recently picked up the entire series, though.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite anime show. There's also .hack/Roots and, if you buy the games or get this online, .hack/Liminality, which takes place more in the real world. I've never played any of the games or read the novels, but the entire fictional universe seems fantastic, really something. Legend of the Twilight is a more kids-oriented installment of the franchise, but equally worthwhile.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Finished it off last night. I really liked it, especially from a gamer's POV. .hack/Roots, huh? I'll have to look into that. I'm going to see if my local music/video store has the CD of the soundtrack. Half the time, I was paying more attention to the music than the action of the show. This is definitely a show I'm going to be watching regularly.

childeroland

Registered
Reaction score
I think they just started bringing out Roots to the U.S. in the past year or two.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
I saw the Roots DVDs in the stores. Haven't picked them up yet. I was going to but found the first two seasons of Slayers. I so had to pick those up first. (I love Slayers and could never find anything other than the OVA movies for far too long.)

Sigh. I did try to find the soundtrack of Signs but couldn't find it in the stores. I probably have to order it online.

childeroland

Registered
Reaction score
Best Buy has a pretty decent soundtrack department, but yeah, your best bet is somewhere like Amazon or a link through somewhere like Anime Insider or Play-Asia.

Haven't caught Slayers yet, though that's probably next on my list.

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
I love the entire dotHack universe - I've seen the animes (though not all of roots yet), read the manga and one of the novels, and played the games.

It's a wonderful creation. :)

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Slayers is very silly, just so you know.

childeroland

Registered
Reaction score
Fooly Cooly silly or just comedic without being over the top (for an anime)?