PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica Season 4! (New Ep Spoilers)

Adam Israel
04-03-2008, 06:27 AM
I searched but didn't find a thread started for this yet. Battlestar Galactica Season 4 starts this friday. Are you frakin' ready?

Also, there is an 8 minute recap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfI3Yv6T0Q

maestrowork
04-03-2008, 07:05 AM
I can't frakin' wait. It's about frakin' time. Frakin' A.

So, who is the last Cylon? Any guess? :)

Constantine K
04-03-2008, 07:19 AM
I just picked up the first season on DVD and am LOVING IT HOLY CRAP! I heard a bunch of fuss and decided to see what the big deal was.

Can't wait to plow through the next few seasons while my DVR records the new episodes.

childeroland
04-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Not Starbuck -- too obvious.

Baltar seems obvious too, but is he nuts or is his Six a download into his head?

Helo and his Sharon's baby is supposed to be a Cylon hybrid (not Hybrid), so not him. I guess that rules out Cally (sp?), the chief's wife, too.

My guess is Roslin, someone meant to use Starbuck as a guide to get the rest of them to Earth. I would think maybe Adama, but why would the Sharon who tried to shoot him be programmed to eliminate one of the Five? Then again, the Cylons tortured the heck out of Tigh -- did his tormentors know who he was? Was he the Final Fiver D'Anna apologized to in the temple?

Maybe Leoben wasn't lying when he said Adama is a Cylon and he meant the son?

maestrowork
04-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Maybe Apollo -- that would make one hell of a head trip. But then Adama would know... I also think Roslin is a possibility, what with all the vision, dreams, prophecy and also she just so happened to be there at the right time to become the President?

Serenity
04-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm gonna come way out of right field (yes, right, not left :tongue), with no cause or proof what-so-ever to support me, and say Tom Zarek.

Just 'cause. :D

Toothpaste
04-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I just finished season three, and I am sooooo excited. Though I have to say I prefer not to speculate (I'm like that with LOST as well). I way prefer being surprised. For example, season finale of 3, very much surprised. Totally left me agog and staring blankly at the wall blinking a few times. I am so jealous of those actors.

maestrowork
04-03-2008, 08:09 PM
and the writers. these writers are good.

Shadow_Ferret
04-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I think I stopped watching when some of them got trapped on the planet and Apollo got fat. How long ago was that?

Constantine K
04-03-2008, 09:10 PM
When I was in Best Buy I saw this:

Season 1
Season 2
Season 2.5
Seaons 3
Razor?

What order do I watch them in? What is a season 2.5?

Thanks in advance.

ChunkyC
04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
You have them in the right order. As for 2.5, that's just the second half of the second season. Razor is a special episode that aired about a month or two ago, well after season three was over.

And I agree totally with Ray. The writers on this show are superb.

Constantine K
04-03-2008, 10:07 PM
So then buy 2 and 2.5? I assumed 2.5 was like an extended special features version of 2.

Toothpaste
04-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh yes the writers are excellent. But I am afraid I get into my actor mode when I watch the show. So many strong female roles, but different strong female roles. Awesome costumes and sets, and really difficult emotional and well written scripts. Not to mention getting to live in Vancouver. I am definitely jealous of those actors.

Constantine - watch them in the order you put them down! You inadvertently put them in the right order! 2.5 is simply the second half of the second season.

maestrowork
04-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Why didn't they just release Season 2 - the entire season?

Toothpaste
04-03-2008, 10:38 PM
No idea. But I googled a bit and it looks like they wanted to release the first half of season two during the actual run of the season to maintain interest, and then the second half to correspond with the start of season 3. Seems very complicated and greedy to me. But I always remind myself that the marketers aren't the same people who are the creative geniuses behind the show, so I don't begrudge the show itself for doing it.

ChaosTitan
04-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Baltar seems obvious too, but is he nuts or is his Six a download into his head?

It was great fun listening to James Callis speak at a convention this past winter. He mentioned that no matter how many times he or Tricia Helfer ask, the writers and producers won't clarify just what Six is.

And it became even more muddled when we found out Caprica Six sees Balter in her head.

I would think maybe Adama, but why would the Sharon who tried to shoot him be programmed to eliminate one of the Five? Then again, the Cylons tortured the heck out of Tigh -- did his tormentors know who he was? Was he the Final Fiver D'Anna apologized to in the temple?

I thought the seven models didn't know who the Final Five were. If they did, Boomer would have had some clue that Tyrol was a Cylon when they were sleeping together (waaaaay back in Season One).

Maybe Apollo -- that would make one hell of a head trip. But then Adama would know... I also think Roslin is a possibility, what with all the vision, dreams, prophecy and also she just so happened to be there at the right time to become the President?

Re: Roslin, all spoilers point to her dying of her breast cancer by series end. <---highlight of you want to know

Constantine K
04-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Wow, just got back from Best Buy . . .

Season 1: 49.95
Season 2: 44.95
Season 2.5: 44.95

Mmm . . . uhhh . . . so, really? Wait, that much? It's one season. I wish I wasn't already obssessed with the show.

maestrowork
04-04-2008, 10:04 PM
8 hours and counting...

Kosh
04-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I've been giggling like a school girl all day.

And the last Cylon is probably Gaeta.

DL Hegel
04-04-2008, 11:46 PM
i think Baltar asked 6 if she knew about the other Cylons and she said we don't speak of them--forgot what episode--WHY? they don't agree with the other cylons or they are traitors? Or somebody else controls them?
--my guess is Roslin too--but they put misleading clues in on purpose--could turn out to be Apollo and it wouldn't suprise me. I am so excited about tonight--I can't wait--Tee-hee.

Not Starbuck -- too obvious.

Helo and his Sharon's baby is supposed to be a Cylon hybrid (not Hybrid), so not him. I guess that rules out Cally (sp?), the chief's wife, too.

My guess is Roslin, someone meant to use Starbuck as a guide to get the rest of them to Earth. I would think maybe Adama, but why would the Sharon who tried to shoot him be programmed to eliminate one of the Five? Then again, the Cylons tortured the heck out of Tigh -- did his tormentors know who he was? Was he the Final Fiver D'Anna apologized to in the temple?

Maybe Leoben wasn't lying when he said Adama is a Cylon and he meant the son?

ChunkyC
04-04-2008, 11:46 PM
My satellite receiver is programmed to switch to the show automatically. Like I'd forget, LOL!

DL Hegel
04-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Me too! Such the sci-fi girl:)
My satellite receiver is programmed to switch to the show automatically. Like I'd forget, LOL!

maestrowork
04-04-2008, 11:50 PM
If I were the writers I would make Apollo the last Cylon, but I'm not going to try to guess. Nope. I want to be surprised, dammit!

Charlie and DL... I am so glad I have Tivo. In fact, I have set both Tivos to record it, just in case.

DL Hegel
04-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Maestrowork both of my recievers are set--no Food Network for the hubby tonight:) And he is not allowed to look at the remote.
If I were the writers I would make Apollo the last Cylon, but I'm not going to try to guess. Nope. I want to be surprised, dammit!

Charlie and DL... I am so glad I have Tivo. In fact, I have set both Tivos to record it, just in case.

ChaosTitan
04-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Six hours and counting!

maestrowork
04-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Cue theme song.

DL Hegel
04-05-2008, 12:10 AM
We need a big clock to count the minutes:)

ChaosTitan
04-05-2008, 12:12 AM
I have a feeling that about 10:01 pm, I'll be editing this thread title to include "SPOILERS."

*bounces*

maestrowork
04-05-2008, 12:12 AM
You will be here, on AW?

ChaosTitan
04-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Only during commercial breaks. ;)

Okay, so maybe around 9:58-ish?

DL Hegel
04-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Dedicated AW citizen:)
Only during commercial breaks. ;)

Okay, so maybe around 9:58-ish?

Adam Israel
04-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Sci Fi is also playing the last episodes of season 3 before the new episode tonight. Crossroads starts at 7PM CST.

DL Hegel
04-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Got to work until 7pm CST but will kick everyone out as soon as I can--
literally :) and run home NO STOPS!!!!!

ChunkyC
04-05-2008, 03:30 AM
LOL! Still at the day job here too.

If I had a portable generator, I'd make sure it was gassed up just in case. :D

21/2 hours!

DL Hegel
04-05-2008, 03:54 AM
Will start kicking people in a minute here--they love me so much they don't want to go home!!!!Good luck at your gig:)
LOL! Still at the day job here too.

If I had a portable generator, I'd make sure it was gassed up just in case. :D

21/2 hours!

ChaosTitan
04-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Dedicated AW citizen:)

Ha! I just can't stand commercials. If I could wait a whole extra hour, I'd just tape it and fast forward.

I'd rather spend those four minutes browsing the forums than staring at dumb ads and repeat previews for Saturday's creature feature.

childeroland
04-05-2008, 06:45 AM
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

From another forum:

Ron Moore stated in an interview, that the final Cylon is NOT in this promo picture for Season 4. So I am going to predict that the final Cylon is Tom Zarek! How awesome would it be if Richard Hatch was a skin job! Zarek is totally manipulating things from behind the scenes. Maybe he was never a sleeper, and he even knew from the beginning that he is a Cylon???

http://www.patriotresource.com/bg/pics/bg_banner.jpg

44 minutes into this episode thus far, I'm loving how they're handling Baltar and Starbuck.

ChaosTitan
04-05-2008, 06:58 AM
ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

I hate these words: To Be Continued.

childeroland
04-05-2008, 07:47 AM
The Raiders seemed to be getting lobotomized around the time the final five (or four of them at least) are activated -- so who activated the five? Are Raiders programmed not to whack Cylons directly or were they programmed (by Cavil?) not to attack a fiver? One wonders if the Five are being used by the Sixes and/or the Cavils as pawns in a Cylon civil war.

maestrowork
04-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, any of the others are too obvious as the final Cylon... it will have to be someone completely unpredictable, a secret Wizard/mastermind and he/she probably is the one who activated the Four -- that means he/she knows everything from the very beginning.

But what really happened to Starbuck?

DL Hegel
04-05-2008, 05:44 PM
If memory serves me in the original series Starbuck was taken aboard an alien craft-- the aliens wanted to show him the way to earth--he came back with a new ship and clothes! they never really explained who the godlike aliens were ( shortly after in real life Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict wanted more money and you have the horrible Battlestar sequel with their dopplegangers)
Yeah, any of the others are too obvious as the final Cylon... it will have to be someone completely unpredictable, a secret Wizard/mastermind and he/she probably is the one who activated the Four -- that means he/she knows everything from the very beginning.

But what really happened to Starbuck?
Maybe she got abducted by a third party--who is the cylon god?
Maybe the original cylon skin jobs are being maniuplated by the final Cylon? More questions than answers---arrgh!

ChunkyC
04-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Great start to the final season! I am so saving up my loot to buy the entire series on Blu-ray once it's over.

And an HDTV and Blu-ray player, of course. If there's anything that would make buying hi-def gear worthwhile, this series is it. :)

If memory serves me in the original series Starbuck was taken aboard an alien craft-- the aliens wanted to show him the way to earth--he came back with a new ship and clothes!
I remember that episode of the original series, DL. I'd totally forgotten until you mentioned it. Definite storyline parallels there. Thank goodness this time we'll get to see what it all means.

childeroland
04-05-2008, 09:11 PM
May it be possible the Final Fiver is working for the Cylon God, or thinks he/she is? Perhaps the Dylan Four (with their human frailties) were experiments in humanizing the 'skinjobs' before the Cylons found 'perfection' in the other seven models, but this 'perfection' is seen by the Final Fiver as veering away from the God's purposes?

Look what's happened to the models arguably closer to humanity in some ways:

Threes boxed for their dangerous curiosity, Sharon Agathon becoming pregnant and having Hera and a life with Helo; the Sixes having history with Baltar and now apparently rebelling against Cavil, if not all the other Cylons; and Leoben's role in Starbuck's destiny.

maestrowork
04-06-2008, 01:42 AM
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

From another forum:

Ron Moore stated in an interview, that the final Cylon is NOT in this promo picture for Season 4. So I am going to predict that the final Cylon is Tom Zarek! How awesome would it be if Richard Hatch was a skin job! Zarek is totally manipulating things from behind the scenes. Maybe he was never a sleeper, and he even knew from the beginning that he is a Cylon???

http://www.patriotresource.com/bg/pics/bg_banner.jpg

44 minutes into this episode thus far, I'm loving how they're handling Baltar and Starbuck.

By the way, did you notice that that poster is modeled after the Last Supper? With Six in the Jesus position. It's interesting to note their positions. For example, Chief has the knife, so is he the Peter figure? Interesting.

Also, notice there's one person missing (on the left). There should be 12 disciples + Jesus. The missing person clearly is the last Cylon.

This is the actual picture:

http://nymag.com/images/2/daily/entertainment/08/04/02_battlestar_lg.jpg

And here's the Last Supper:

http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/artists/leonardo_da_vinci/last_supper.jpg

childeroland
04-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Both Lee Adama and Tigh could be interpreted as being in the Judas Iscariot or Peter position -- both of whom, of course, betrayed Christ. Adama is positioned as Simon the Zealot, but no one is turning to him for answers in this pic, are they?

maestrowork
04-06-2008, 05:18 AM
Both Lee Adama and Tigh could be interpreted as being in the Judas Iscariot or Peter position -- both of whom, of course, betrayed Christ. Adama is positioned as Simon the Zealot, but no one is turning to him for answers in this pic, are they?

I think Tigh may be Judas, that he would ultimately betray the Cylons. His character has been rather pathetic and perhaps it would be his heroic act of humanity? Or would he become the ultimate betrayer of the human race?

ChaosTitan
04-06-2008, 08:20 PM
The idea of Six as the Jesus figure plays into the theory that she isn't just a hallucenation in Baltar's head (just as he's not a hallucenation in Caprica Six's head). Rather, God is actually guiding them toward their destinies. Look at her role in the episode, asking Baltar if he'd truly give his life for the little boy's. And then the boy lives.

maestrowork
04-06-2008, 08:34 PM
That's interesting, given that a replica of Six is being shackled now... and how do we explain that Baltar also appears to her? It shouldn't be possible, since Baltar is human -- how can he project?

But I tell you, Six is a sexy Jesus.

Constantine K
04-09-2008, 03:08 AM
So I just started season 3. Seeing Apollo that fat makes me sad inside. So sad.

Dale Emery
04-09-2008, 03:22 AM
So I just started season 3. Seeing Apollo that fat makes me sad inside. So sad.

What made me even sadder: How they resolved that.

Dale

DL Hegel
04-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Great start to the final season! I am so saving up my loot to buy the entire series on Blu-ray once it's over.

And an HDTV and Blu-ray player, of course. If there's anything that would make buying hi-def gear worthwhile, this series is it. :)

I remember that episode of the original series, DL. I'd totally forgotten until you mentioned it. Definite storyline parallels there. Thank goodness this time we'll get to see what it all means.

Yeah I can't wait!!! All the loose ends have to come together:) I haven't been this riveted to TV since the final few episodes of Angel aired:)

Constantine K
04-09-2008, 04:38 AM
What made me even sadder: How they resolved that.

Dale

Now I'm really scared. Hopefully it doesn't take long. I'm still holding out hope that Apollo gets into shape, rescues Starbuck from New Caprica, and then they live happily ever after. They're made for each other! Kill off Anders! He should've died from pneumonia.

Dale Emery
04-09-2008, 05:26 AM
The sad thing about they resolved "chubby Apollo" was how cheesy it was. Seemed like lazy writing to me. I think it happens three or four episodes after he puffed up.

Dale

childeroland
04-09-2008, 05:26 AM
By the end of Season 3, Anders may well wish he had too.;)

Kill off Anders! He should've died from pneumonia.

ChunkyC
04-09-2008, 09:57 PM
The sad thing about they resolved "chubby Apollo" was how cheesy it was. Seemed like lazy writing to me. I think it happens three or four episodes after he puffed up.

Dale
I really liked the occupation of New Caprica storyline. But if there is a stumble in the series, the chubby Apollo subplot qualifies. Mind you, on many other so-called science fiction TV shows, it would have been an improvement over the regular writing. *cough* Space Rangers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Rangers_%28TV_series%29), The Starlost (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starlost) *cough*

childeroland
04-12-2008, 08:30 AM
So the numbers go from 1-6, then skip to 8 for the known Cylons. Since 8 seems to be the weakest of the Cylons (as 6 seems to consider her) and 1 the strongest, I wonder what happened to Number 7? The known Four of the Final Five seemed to have become more human than they were meant to and exceed their programming -- the reason Cavil complained of the Raiders -- and at least Cavil remains very against any break in the hierarchy. In a sense 3 exceeded her programming, and so she was boxed.

How long till the Centurions decide they don't need Six either?

Did the Hybrid suggest the 5 are meant to breed with humans, cause the next evolutionary step ala Hera?

Notice in the Last Supperish picture upthread Gaius can be interpreted as sitting in the John the Beloved Disciple position next to HeadSix? And he has become the evangelist to the human's of the Cylon's One God. (Don't know if John the Evangelist and the Beloved Disciple are one and the same, but they're certainly thought to be.)

Homewrecker
04-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm very jealous of ya'lls enthusiasm. For me, Season 3 got weaker and weaker until the end. They seemed to have painted themselves into a corner. The revealing of four of the final five in the season finale just floored me. I remember much water cooler talk (not this cooler, the one at work) about how Tigh couldn't possible be a Cylon, and on down the list. Not to mention the interminable waits between seasons. Each one longer than the last, only to discover I waited for that?

I adore the franchise but I couldn't go back. It is nice to get a contact hi off this thread tho'.

Cheers,

Homewrecker

Serenity
04-12-2008, 04:59 PM
So the numbers go from 1-6, then skip to 8 for the known Cylons. Since 8 seems to be the weakest of the Cylons (as 6 seems to consider her) and 1 the strongest, I wonder what happened to Number 7? The known Four of the Final Five seemed to have become more human than they were meant to and exceed their programming -- the reason Cavil complained of the Raiders -- and at least Cavil remains very against any break in the hierarchy. In a sense 3 exceeded her programming, and so she was boxed.

I remember reading an interview with Ron Moore where he said there are only 12 humanoid cylons, so number 7 would be a part of the final five. Each cylon represents a part, an archetype, of humanity that they wanted to study. But I think it's also interesting that there are 12 cylons, 12 disciples... interesting, no?

How long till the Centurions decide they don't need Six either?

That'll be a fun day...:e2brows:

Did the Hybrid suggest the 5 are meant to breed with humans, cause the next evolutionary step ala Hera?

I don't really think so, because Sharon (Number 8) had her child with Helo. She's not one of the final five.

Notice in the Last Supperish picture upthread Gaius can be interpreted as sitting in the John the Beloved Disciple position next to HeadSix? And he has become the evangelist to the human's of the Cylon's One God. (Don't know if John the Evangelist and the Beloved Disciple are one and the same, but they're certainly thought to be.)

I think the main part of Gaius being in the 'Beloved Disciple's position is that the 'Beloved Disciple' was the one who asked Jesus who would betray him. Perhaps somewhere down the line this season, Six will be betrayed by one of the others, or knows that she will?

childeroland
04-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I should have remembered that about John, especially since he is the closest to Jesus -- leading to the question, who will betray Six and is he/she in the picture? A promo last night claimed the chalice in the picture belonged to the last fiver, suggesting, I think, he/she may be the Judas Iscariot to Six's Savior.

I think the main part of Gaius being in the 'Beloved Disciple's position is that the 'Beloved Disciple' was the one who asked Jesus who would betray him. Perhaps somewhere down the line this season, Six will be betrayed by one of the others, or knows that she will?

maestrowork
04-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Yup, I noticed the chalice at the empty spot. At first I thought Tigh may be Judas but now I think perhaps he's not. Note Chief is holding a knife so he may be Peter but his position is wrong.

The whole connection with religion/Christianity is just too trippy.

childeroland
04-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Peter holding the knife is supposed to signify his violent reaction to Jesus's arrest (so says Wikipedia) and probably his heated temper in general. But the Chief is, I believe, approximating Philip in position as well as Peter, except I don't see him ever requesting an explanation from Six ... and Sharon appears to be eyeing his knife in fear.

Interesting to see Starbuck in perhaps Thomas's seat when he started doubting Jesus's resurrection and, after seeing Jesus alive -- and touching His wounds in the same tradition that links him with the Spear -- ended up Thomas the Believer, one of Christianity's most widely revered saints.

Constantine K
04-16-2008, 02:24 AM
Is there anywhere to get the Last Supper picture in wallpaper size? I think it's too cool.

childeroland
04-16-2008, 03:04 AM
If you mean a JPEG or something I imagine any number of Leonardo fansites may have it. If you mean paper, a good art store or big chain bookstore should at least be able to order it for you.

Constantine K
04-16-2008, 06:26 AM
No, I mean the BSG version of it.

childeroland
04-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Oh, sorry. I got the truncated version off a Velvet Rope forum; I dunno where the full pic in this thread came from.

ChaosTitan
04-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Well now....there's an ending I wasn't quite expecting.

Should have, though.

Dude.

childeroland
04-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Tory is falling into her Cylon role pretty neatly.

Hard to believe Natalie Six actually trusted Cavil...but she does seem naive enough not to watch those Centurions now that they're freethinking again.

After all Lee's done for her, Roslin can sure hold a grudge, huh?

How confused is Boomer still, after three seasons? Her relationship with Cavil isn't helping, with his 'machines have no souls' schtick, is it?

ChunkyC
04-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow, that ending totally blew me away. Wicked!

Anybody catch the preview for next week? Yikes!

Constantine K
04-21-2008, 12:48 AM
I totally didn't see that coming. Who's next on the death list?

maestrowork
04-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Oh I could so see that, but now it's interesting...

childeroland
04-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Nice how Roslin's adopted Helena Cain's haircut.

Still reeling from Six vs. Saul. Even impersonated by Six, Saul's wife is kinda annoying, though.

Loved the hopeful look on Lee turning to disdain as Baltar feeds his flock self-aggrandizing b.s. Show's best moment, especially contrasted with Tory beaming at Baltar.

Cally kind of gets the gasface there, doesn't she? Heartbroken for the (former) chief, though.

Seeing Tyrol alone with his kid is starting to scare me.

scottVee
04-26-2008, 11:21 AM
What impresses me most is that the cast keeps managing to pull off these emotional outbursts and endless subtle moments. Whatever the writers throw at them. Especially the Chief and Baltar. Remember when they were just a bunch of unknowns? (Except for Olmos, of course -- he has always been an impressive figure.) I can't think of any of the actors who has failed to deliver. The cast makes or breaks a show.

Constantine K
04-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Lee needs to get back in the cockpit. He's too jacked for politics.

childeroland
05-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Did anyone see if Athena sees Tigh beside Six in her opera house vision, when Tyrol is taking Hera away from Natalie? It seemed as if she was regarding him funny.

ChaosTitan
06-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Duuuuuuuuuude.........

MDSchafer
06-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Wow, best story tellers in the medium ever.

childeroland
06-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Almost expected to see the Statue of Liberty half-buried in the ground. Complete with Charlton Heston shrieking "You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you, damn you all to hell!"

I guess the final cylon is an inhabitant of Earth who sent for the humans and Cylons to repopulate the planet?

Loved Tyrol's little smirk when he and Anders got arrested.

Tigh in the airlock was badass. "What are you waiting for...just do it"

Having to wait till 2009 is ridiculous...good thing Doctor Who's there to tide you over, hm?

Where are Cavil's Cylons?

Adam Israel
06-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Wow.

Adam Israel
06-14-2008, 09:34 AM
2009?!

:rant: :Headbang:

Opty
06-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Almost expected to see the Statue of Liberty half-buried in the ground. Complete with Charlton Heston shrieking "You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you, damn you all to hell!"

Holy crap. I was saying out loud the exact same thing while watching it!

Of course, no one around me got the Apes reference I was making, so as I laughed, I laughed...alone.

Again.

:(

shawkins
06-14-2008, 06:01 PM
2009?!

:rant: :Headbang:

2009!?!?!?

Seriously? I went to scifi.com like a good little nerd but I didn't see any sort of announcement. I figured they'd drag it out a little, but 2009?

Gosh darn it all to heck.

nevada
06-14-2008, 06:07 PM
wait, wait, wait? Last night was the final episode and the end won't be shown till 2009???? Is that what I'm understanding here? I still have to watch last night's episode. I gather it's good. 2009???? Seriously?

ChaosTitan
06-14-2008, 07:24 PM
From the TVGuide.com (http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Galactica-Series-Finale/800041381)site:

the "practical realities" of post-production — coupled with the formidable end-of-year competition presented by new fall series, baseball and football — places the onset of the final episodes at the start of 2009, at the earliest.

I'm beyond curious where they landed. It could have been NYC, but that last image of the half-bridge made me wonder if it was San Francisco.

Bravo
06-14-2008, 07:32 PM
i always love how aliens manage to land in america rather than in larger nations like russia or canada or that lil continent called africa. heh.

but good episode.

definitely wonder where they're taking this.

and who's the fifth? they said he/she wasn't on galactica so does that mean he/she's one of the hostages?

or someone on earth maybe?

guess we wait till next year to find out. :(

maestrowork
06-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Aw man! I'm away and have no Tivo or Sci Fi channel. Man. I guess I can watch it online. Man.

I love the show.

ChaosTitan
06-14-2008, 07:46 PM
i always love how aliens manage to land in america rather than in larger nations like russia or canada or that lil continent called africa. heh.

We're only guessing, of course, where they landed. All we saw was a devastated city-scape and part of a bridge. It'd be cool if they landed in Sydney or London, or something.

and who's the fifth? they said he/she wasn't on galactica so does that mean he/she's one of the hostages?

or someone on earth maybe?

I like the idea of the fifth being someone on Earth. It makes sense. Who else would send Starbuck back with her little Viper compass? The Earth looks like the Thirteenth Tribe did their best to destroy it, but I hope there are survivors living somewhere.

Maybe they can entice Dirk Benedict to play one. :D

nevada
06-15-2008, 03:55 AM
Have you seen Dirk Benedict? The man has not aged well. All puffy from too much drug and alcohol use. Not like Richard Hatch.

ChaosTitan
06-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Have you seen Dirk Benedict? The man has not aged well. All puffy from too much drug and alcohol use. Not like Richard Hatch.

Alcohol and drug use? Can you please provide sources? Benedict, last I heard, is a firm practicer of diatetics (not to be confused with "Dianetics"), which is the belief that a diet of whole, natural foods of specific varieties can heal the body of illness. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer in the late 1970's (before his big break on the original BSG), and he goes into detail about the practice and using it to cure his cancer, in his rather amusing autobiography Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy (http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Kamikaze-Cowboy-Discovery-Recovery/dp/0757002773/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213499901&sr=8-1).

Not saying Richard Hatch has ever partaken of Hollywood's many methods of appearing younger than he really is (cuz I don't know if he has or hasn't), but some people just let themselves age naturally.

nevada
06-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Alcohol and drug use? Can you please provide sources?

You are absolutely right. It's an assumption I made based solely on how he looked, compared to how other people whom I know personally with drug and alcohol problems looked. THey get that puffy, not fat just swollen look. I was wrong to make that assumption, and I apologize.

I dont have a problem with people aging naturally. I think eva marie saint is still gorgeous and she's had no work done and i think she looks so much better than those who have.

maestrowork
06-15-2008, 10:28 AM
OK, I can't read this thread, and I can't read the LOST thread.

I'm in pain.

ChaosTitan
06-15-2008, 09:29 PM
You are absolutely right. It's an assumption I made based solely on how he looked, compared to how other people whom I know personally with drug and alcohol problems looked. THey get that puffy, not fat just swollen look. I was wrong to make that assumption, and I apologize.

I dont have a problem with people aging naturally. I think eva marie saint is still gorgeous and she's had no work done and i think she looks so much better than those who have.

No problem. :)

But I do, seriously, recommend his book, for anyone who was a fan of the original BSG or The A-Team. It definitely made me look at the food I eat a bit differently.

And Ray? -----> :ROFL:

maestrowork
06-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Once I get home, I'll have to lock myself in for days just to catch up.

I think I need to start a "flounce" thread in OP.

Dale Emery
06-15-2008, 11:57 PM
This week's episode was my favorite in years.

dragonjax
06-16-2008, 11:45 PM
FABULOUS.

2009. Sigh.

Hey, something that's been bothering me: there are 12 cylon models -- 7 known, plus the final five. Right? So why, oh why, is Sharon a Number 8? Shouldn't she be a Number 7? I guess the colonial final five were Numbers 9, 10, 11 and 12...and the missing final five model was from before there were colonies. Yes? No?

Argh.

maestrowork
06-19-2008, 12:16 AM
So, I finally saw the episode. Wow.

And depressing.

Are you sure we have to wait until 2009 -- seems like an awfully long time for a cliffhanger.