Don't you guys think you were a bit mean? - April Fools Day aftermath & tears

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
This doesn't involve novels or anything. I don't know where to put this. It involves a post. A new member had a story idea. he/she was talking in IM speak and everyone ganged up on him/her. Instead of picking on her and bullying her, why can't the members show some support? She's new. And she's just a kid. You can't expect teenagers these days to type formally.

Don't you think everyone was a bit mean to her? (The MODs especially, who should be ashamed of themselves :() I really feel bad for her, and I wish there's a way to reach out to her. I would have done that, if no one scared her away. :(

Don't you all feel bad?

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This doesn't involve novels or anything. I don't know where to put this. It involves a post. A new member had a story idea. he/she was talking in IM speak and everyone ganged up on him/her. Instead of picking on her and bullying her, why can't the members show some support? She's new. And she's just a kid. You can't expect teenagers these days to type formally.

Don't you think everyone was a bit mean to her? (The MODs especially, who should be ashamed of themselves :() I really feel bad for her, and I wish there's a way to reach out to her. I would have done that, if no one scared her away. :(

Don't you all feel bad?
Ahhh, Blue, it was Aprils Fools, foolery! :D If anyone really acted like that on a normal day, mods would be the first to help. :Hug2:

megan_d

Falling in the milk
Registered
Reaction score
It was all just an April Fool's Joke. Everyone here has been so nice and patient with you, and yet you still thought that was serious?

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
nstead of picking on her and bullying her, why can't the members show some support? She's new. And she's just a kid. You can't expect teenagers these days to type formally.

Aw, dear, I'm sorry the April Foolery made you feel bad :Hug2:

It's sort of a tradition (I mean, historically, not an AW tradition) for people to do role-reversals on April Fools/All Fools' day. So people who are normally very nice were playing at being mean, and Birol, who I've never ever seen to make personal insults, was doing just that. But it was all in good fun, and no real newbies were hurt.

I want to note though, that I was really touched by how you defended them, and how much you care about the community being supportive.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And to clarify further for you Blue, that person does not exist, the mods made a fictional AW member!!! :)

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Some people, don't take humor that well. Myself especially. What about that other person, I bet she didn't know that you guys were joking around.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Blue, she was a mod playing dress up. A fictional entity

So I don't feel bad about it, apart from the fact that you feel bad about it.

Huggles?

Actually I do feel bad about D R Agony. I want to see if I can get her to count backwards from a million.

megan_d

Falling in the milk
Registered
Reaction score
That wasn't a "real" person. The account was created for the joke. I really don't understand how you could believe the mods and members here would treat a newcomer like that for real.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Some people, don't take humor that well. Myself especially. What about that other person, I bet she didn't know that you guys were joking around.

yes she did. It was all part of the April Fool. I'm sorry you were frustrated and hurt.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Good thing I'm a girl!
The male mods are, uh... over thattaway, Blue!
*hides behind Haggis*

Seriously though, if I'd realized you were seriously upset, I'd have sent you a PM. I wish I had :(
Feeling rather rotten about that now.

Wonder what D.R Agony did?

And uh, D.R.Agony was me. Didn't do anything to get banninated I think, besides being nuisancey. Just ran out of April Fool's Day.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
That was a joke?!?!?! You mean I heaped all that abuse on a person who wasn't even real?

You people are soooo cruel.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you got me too. I thought it was a real person who was getting a real rough time. That's why I didn't post yesterday at all.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Well, you got me too. I thought it was a real person who was getting a real rough time. That's why I didn't post yesterday at all.

Whups!
Uh yeah, we tried to up the ridiculous enough to clue people in as the day went on, but if you were chased away by it or got really upset, you probably didn't see it getting really weird.

Beyond that, what can I say except sorry? Oh yeah! I can say this:

fooled.jpg

:D

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Now everyone has incentive to stick around for another year so you can be in on the joke next April Fool's Day.

364 days to go!