timeshare

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
so, i recently went to florida on vacation and stayed in a timeshare place, which made me take a 90 minute tour/talk thing. i was okay with that because i really didn't have much to do. but being such a pushover, i was tempted. the deal looked really good and the place was fantastic -- pools, gym, even a grocery store! and it only costs $29,000 to own my share, plus i can exchange for other properties and weeks, including hawaii in the winter.

i just don't know what happened but i agreed to buy. then i suddenly got cold feet. i was like, wow, what did i just do? i don't need a timeshare. can i still walk away from it? when the manager went to get the paperwork, i panicked. crap. can i just walk away without anyone noticing? but too late.. he came back.

so i thought, maybe i just write down the wrong information. i just happen to know the information of someone with my name, and i put that down on the paperwork and the contract. they didn't even blink.

is that wrong? i figure they will never find out, and the other poor guy will have no obligation since he didn't actually sign anything. i did. but they can never find me, so legally i'm okay, too. i think.

i just kind of feel bad. i could have just say, no thanks, but i was too thin-skinned to say i changed my mind. that was the only thing i could think of doing. i think it turned out okay.

do you think? or do you do i will get into trouble?

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My uncle in Nigeria has a really big check, he just needs a U.S. bank account to deposit it in. If you give him your account information, he'll let you keep 10%.

In the meantime, would you like to buy some Juice Plus vitamins? Or perhaps become an operating thetan?

I'm just going to leave this copy of Watchtower in your inbox.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WTF?
You were in FL and you didn't contact me?

I am in PA in June. But it is Coudersport.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
don't go to see sara. she won't give you what you want.

but how about my timeshare. what would orlando say?

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Reading this just blew my mind. (Or it misfired in succession of its own accord). Anyhow, the time share thing, and the not wanting to reverse your decision thing and the misinformation thing really made me think, so by the time I got to your, "is that wrong" and "do you think i will get into trouble", I was not ready for a second mind-blowing conflict between you feeling bad and thinking it turned out okay. But that is totally OK with me. And I would like to address those 1st two ?? and see how that goes.

Yes, I think it was wrong of you to write untrue info on the paperwork because it's wasteful of other people's time and the whole deception of filling out forms untruthfully is obviously wrong in the sense that it is antithetical to providing the information in the first place. And it's also wrong because it went against your true feelings about the decision, so it would seem you weren't be true to yourself or the manager. But I wouldn't say that just because something is wrong on several levels that doesn't mean you might not ever do it, but it is a delicate matter, definitely.

It doesn't appear that your deception will trace back to you, unless the person whose info you used (or someone else) figures it out somehow. I'm only considering that you've done this just this once. It seems as if you've set up a strange little test of time here, because you will probably just have to wait and see. (Hey, I have a longish poem on just that topic!!!! Oh, but that's a derail !heh-heh) If weeks go by and you don't get a phone call , I guess you might want to heave a huge sigh, wipe your brow dramatically and carry on. (Or maybe write a confulutin' dang poem about it??) And that's it for now.

BTW, how was Florida?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i stayed in one once.

when it came time for the sales pitch, i kept interrupting the guy with complaints like my armpits were cold, god was telling me he was not really a slimy realtor but rather an alien, and questions about whether or not he was coming on to me and what happened if the place burned down before i moved in from lightning or cigarette lighters and white lightning.

i told him about the time i went fishing with bea arthur and how one day i hope to kill and stuff my very own norwegian.

finally he gave up, but i blocked the door and shared with him my views on abortion as a spectator sport.

i also recited several recipes, including a savory (but dainty!) quiche.

then i shared with him some great ideas for an alternate hairstyle like a pageboy, a caesar cut, a kicky little swoop with bangs and a bed-head thing that really sets off a "fun" vibe...

by the time he took his swing, i saw it coming from a mile away and stabbed him in the navel with a beer opener.

he went to the hospital, and i called my lawyer. by the time they settled, we had already had three keggers at the place and it smelled like vomit and old spice.

we torched the place and collected from the insurance and invested the money in what we're told is the "next big thing" — jesus impersonators for bachelorette parties.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
william_haskins, what you did doesn't matter. It's only how you feel about it, your perceptions of it, that matter now. I think you should write a sonnet about your feelings on the subject. Let it all out. Then, to make yourself feel better, give your poem a happy ending with pink, fuzzy things and rainbows.

Lots and lots of rainbows.

I think this could have a wonderful ending, such as, the friend whose name you put on the timeshare loves the timeshare, and has always wanted one, but never had the guts to buy one and is so grateful to you, William, for making this happen for him. He's so excited, in fact, that he gives you a free, two-week stay there every year in March. And you invite several of your AW friends to join you, and everyone loves you so much that finally Mac has no choice but to make you a Supermod.

It could happen. Remember, the universe is infinite and therefore anything is possible!

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Oh. Separate post from the cynic zone: If this is April Fool you got me!!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
florida is a dump.

i feel no guilt.

the other guy is loaded.

i am a jesus impersonator, but i only do bachelor parties and baby showers.