I think I am almost ready to write again...

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I'm not sure where this thread belongs.

I haven't written since I finished the NaNoWriMo (winner, btw). I think I got burned out by writing so much in such a little amount of time. Plus the cold weather sucks for going to Starbucks which is the only place I can write.

I am at the end of my novel and the climax is happening now. I am crossing my fingers that I won't fall on my face completely when I "pick up the pen" again.

Has anyone taken time off and been a stronger writer?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Only when I visit the gym. I found more muscle to hold the pen after doing a couple push-ups. Good that you're back to writing. Take it slow and don't exert too much pressure on yourself.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
You're not alone. I've been in the same boat, other than sitting down and writing twice since NaNo, but that's it. All I've got is a few scenes in my head I've gone over, so hopefully I'll start typing again soon.

Maui Author

Halfway between here and there
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been able to write for a while cause I am waiting to hear back from agents on my first book. The waiting game has killed my motivation. :( Maybe I will take your advice and go to Starbucks. It would at least keep me from obsessively checking my e-mail.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
I haven't been able to write for a while cause I am waiting to hear back from agents on my first book. The waiting game has killed my motivation. :( Maybe I will take your advice and go to Starbucks. It would at least keep me from obsessively checking my e-mail.

The trick is not to wait, but to start the next one -- just sit down and write whatever, and see where it takes you. Sit at Starbucks and write on the napkins. Sit in the park and watch the people pass by, and make up stories about them as they do. Get the creative juices flowing again. You'll go nuts just sitting and waiting.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure where this thread belongs.

I haven't written since I finished the NaNoWriMo (winner, btw). I think I got burned out by writing so much in such a little amount of time. Plus the cold weather sucks for going to Starbucks which is the only place I can write.

I am at the end of my novel and the climax is happening now. I am crossing my fingers that I won't fall on my face completely when I "pick up the pen" again.

I don't know, because I still seem to be on time off.

Starbucks. Lucky you. Seems the only place I can write anymore is McDonald's Playland. No wonder draft two of my nanowip is stuck at 7,000 words.

Nice to see you, ccarver30. Welcome back!

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know, because I still seem to be on time off.

Starbucks. Lucky you. Seems the only place I can write anymore is McDonald's Playland. No wonder draft two of my nanowip is stuck at 7,000 words.

Nice to see you, ccarver30. Welcome back!

Don't feel bad. One of my father's cousins wrote a book with a couple of friends. The only place she could find to write was sitting on the toilet with the shower running. In a big family, you better write really fast.

Me, the only place I'm getting anything accomplished lately is in a notebook in the truck while I should be working but am not.