PDA

View Full Version : I promise to...if I make the Idol top ten

mommie4a
03-31-2005, 03:21 AM
Feed my kids less processed food, fold and put away their clothes before they need them and say yes to my husband instead of roaming the AW forum

awatkins
03-31-2005, 03:56 AM
:ROFL:

Good luck, for your family's sake! :roll:

wurdwise
03-31-2005, 04:07 AM
Hey, Mommie, those are some hefty promises, especially the one about not cruising these forums. I know better than to promise something as outlandish as that.:faint:

mommie4a
03-31-2005, 04:21 AM
I'm not promising that I'll adhere to my promises perfectly...

Come on - anyone else??

William Haskins
03-31-2005, 04:42 AM
i promise to:

- stop stealing my neighbor's newspapers

- stop sniffing glue (before noon)

- stop drinking from the toilet

- stop worshipping satan (before noon)

(one of these is a joke. see if you can guess which one! c'mon, it'll be fun!)

mommie4a
03-31-2005, 04:56 AM
i promise to:

- stop sniffing glue (before noon)

- stop drinking from the toilet

- stop worshipping satan (before noon)

(one of these is a joke. see if you can guess which one! c'mon, it'll be fun!)

Well that's no challenge, William - stealing newspapers of course.

vig
03-31-2005, 05:04 AM
you're not making it, so don't stress over it. i did like your entry, but there are too many very, very good ones. i'd put you on the outside looking in sweetie.

vig

Birol
03-31-2005, 05:15 AM
Vig! We are supportive of our fellow writers.

Mr Underhill
03-31-2005, 05:15 AM
i promise to:

(etcetera)

(one of these is a joke. see if you can guess which one! c'mon, it'll be fun!)A joke, because you have no intention of ceasing that particular activity?

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 07:49 AM
you're not making it, so don't stress over it. i did like your entry, but there are too many very, very good ones. i'd put you on the outside looking in sweetie.

vig

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't hit that "submit reply" button.

Rule #1 on AW: respect and support your fellow writers.

Thank you.

JenNipps
03-31-2005, 07:57 AM

vig

Yowch. That was rather uncalled for, don't you think?

I'm not promising that I'll adhere to my promises perfectly...

Come on - anyone else??

I promise I'll finish Dragon Lands. lol. (Well... I need to finish it anyway, so I'm not sure that really counts.)

mommie4a
03-31-2005, 07:59 AM
What's Dragon Lands (NOW I'm embarassed!)?

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Feed my kids less processed food, fold and put away their clothes before they need them and say yes to my husband instead of roaming the AW forum

Jill,
I think you have a great recipe for a fiction novel here. Especially when it comes to the "instead of roaming the AW forum thing. :)

mommie4a
03-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Fictionalized erotica of course, with a few chicken nuggets and some ketchup thrown in.

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 08:39 AM

vig

Vig,
Didn't your mother teach you how to be nice?

:Smack: Stupid me. I guess not.

Since you're such an excellent writer, write this 1000 times: I'm sorry for the rude comment, I'll try to be nicer.

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Fictionalized erotica of course, with a few chicken nuggets and some ketchup thrown in.

Sounds good to me, Jill.

wurdwise
03-31-2005, 08:49 AM
What would I give up? Probably nothing, mainly because I don't expect to make the cut. Not that I don't think my entry is good, but as noted, I am a realist, and there are 307 other entries, many I am sure by published authors that have more experience under their belt. But if I did make it by some stroke of fantastic luck, or I even might begin to think talent? I would still not give up anything, but gain a greater respect for my ability as a writer.

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 08:53 AM
I think I'll give up sex.

(yeah right. :crazy: )

brokenfingers
03-31-2005, 08:58 AM
Well if I win I plan on going out and trying this "sex" thing - see what all the fuss is about...

mommie4a
03-31-2005, 09:00 AM
Then will you write about it for us??!? Wouldja please please??

brokenfingers
03-31-2005, 09:01 AM
Yes.

A short story....

wurdwise
03-31-2005, 09:03 AM
:roll:

sgtsdaughter
03-31-2005, 09:09 AM

now that made me chuckle . . .
"oh, baby." she murmers, as she fingers the nuggets between her thumb and index finger. then she slowly dips it into the ketchup

all right i'll stop. erotica is not my area.
but, what will i give up . . .

would give up sex, but that hasn't been happening
would give up smoking, but who are we kidding

would give up caffeine, but my psychiatrists said i need it for my sanity's sake

so . . . i'll give up the idea of giving something up. now that is what i call a great compromise. :wag:

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 09:09 AM
OMG! :ROFL:

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 09:10 AM
Whether I win or not, I'm still going to misbehave. :)

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 09:26 AM
Whether I win or not, I'm still going to misbehave. :)

Oh behave! Are you feeling randy?

(And Randy said: oh yeah, she is)

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 09:31 AM
:ROFL: You are so funny! Randy? Hello?

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 09:56 AM
I meant I'd keep telling bad jokes. :Smack:

vig
03-31-2005, 09:59 AM
i don't think 298 people are going to make it either, should i send those apologies to each and everyone, sans the ones i think are advancing?

if i said i don't think i'd finish above mommiea4 would you guys only flog me and roll me in broken glass for my obstinace instead of what swine like myself deserve - to be locked in a room with 80s punk rock pumped in while i watch mr. roges with the sound off for a month straight.

in an odd turn of events, i think that 1- 10 deserve the nod for getting the ball rolling if nothing they were there from the begining and that needs to be rewarded.

vig

paprikapink
03-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Excerpt:

while i watch mr. roges with the sound off for a month straight.

vig

I think I've found the trouble. Mr. Rogers has a lot more to offer with the sound on. Lot'sa kids who didn't get to see Mr. Rogers have trouble understanding 'what the hell is the point of "nice" anyway?'

-pkpk

JennaGlatzer
03-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Vig, if she had asked, "Do you think I will advance?" you would have been well within your rights to say, "No."

She did not ask that. She simply started a fun thread for others to join in, and there was no reason in the world for you to jump in to insult her entry. If you don't get why that's c.r.a.p.p.y of you, you don't belong here.

rhymegirl
03-31-2005, 06:32 PM

vig

Now for my two cents. I happened to like Jill's entry very much and I thought it was very well-written. "Very, very good" is subjective. We all have our own idea of what is very, very good.

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Simply, put, vig, you are NOT a judge.

Again, read the AW guidelines. If you can't play by them, you don't belong here. There are plenty of boards out there for you to be rude and unkind and "not nice." If you find this place too "Mr. Rogers" -- hey, you don't have to stay. Switch the channel.

Rob-rite
03-31-2005, 07:10 PM
I agree. I had a look earlier and found it a very worthy entry. She certainly didn't deserve to be shot down for starting a light-hearted thread like this.

Perhaps he may regret being so publicly derogatory with what should have remained his personal opinions?

JenNipps
03-31-2005, 07:15 PM
What's Dragon Lands (NOW I'm embarassed!)?

No need to be embarassed. It's no biggie. :)

I posted the prologue to Dragon Lands as my entry in AW Idol. It's being revived from languishing WIP status to active WIP status. :)

Birol
03-31-2005, 07:30 PM
(Psst. Jen, if you have to keep that promise, or even if you don't, check out the Weekend Progress Report in the Humor forum. Great way to stay on track. Writing humor is not a requirement - thank goodness.)

mommie4a
03-31-2005, 07:42 PM
I just want to thank everyone for being supportive. My husband will tell you that I usually hate asking for help with things like customer service or insurance coverage problems and the like. But I really appreciate people standing up for the thread and the tone of AW. That's why I'm here and I like it. I just wanted to start something light and diversionary.

And to his credit, I will state publicly here that Vig and I exchanged a few private messages because I wanted to figure out what was going on and then get over it. I'm over it, and everyone's posts and PMs have absolutely helped that happen quickly.

Now, weren't we talking about sex, condiments and chicken fingers? Or were those the things I said I'd give up IN THE UNLIKELY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE CHANCE that my entry sneaks into the finals?

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 07:52 PM
sex, condiments and chicken fingers

Holy crap, were you there last night?

;)

mommie4a
03-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Because, you know, I only like Tyson. (You may recall, I sainted myself Saint Tyson, Patron Saint of Chicken Nuggets.)

Julie Worth
03-31-2005, 07:57 PM
This exchange made me rethink my suggestion on another thread: that we should vote for the worst piece every week, eliminating that writer. Hell, it would be devastating to think that more people had voted mine the worst. Its so much more pleasant to think that fewer people had voted mine the best.

Sarita
03-31-2005, 08:34 PM
If I make it to the top 10, I promise to stop teasing Ray so much...

Oh, wait, what's that you said? I can't be in the top 10? Bwahhahahahahahaaaaa!

And Haskins, I think you were joking about being a Satan worshipper, you can't worship yourself, Silly!:ROFL:

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 08:38 PM
I think Bill is joking about the next door neighbor's paper. He takes it, reads it, and throws it back all crumpled.

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Now for those nuggetts. I make a mean grilled hamburger.

Poppy
03-31-2005, 09:02 PM
I promise to faint if I make the Idol top ten. :faint:

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 09:09 PM
I promise t..t...t... to stutter and then :hooray:

paprikapink
03-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Poppy Hullings, sometimes I honestly wonder if you are inside my head, writing what you see there! If I said, "yeah, what Poppy said!" as many times as I've thought it, I'd be up there with Ray in the post count.

-pkpk

Poppy
03-31-2005, 09:18 PM
So that's where I am...in your head. I always wondered what this place was. :)

I'm gonna change my location to "In paprikapink's head." LOL

paprikapink
03-31-2005, 09:24 PM

:roll: Well, maybe you just drop by my head sometimes. You're way funnier than the inside of my head is for real. I'll bet I'd get a lot more done if you were runnin' around in there more often.

We need a little :ltic: smiley (laughed till I cried).

-pkpk

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 09:26 PM

Does that mean PK saw everything we did last night? :Ssh:

mommie4a
03-31-2005, 09:28 PM
I promise to stop breaking promises.

Poppy
03-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Nah, she was asleep, Ray. She thinks she dreamed it. ;)

paprikapink
03-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Does that mean PK saw everything we did last night? :Ssh:

Fear not. I have seen worse/better/more/less. I don't know how a nice girl like me has managed to see so much.

-pkpk