France's First Lady to bring Style to Britain

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2008/apr/01/7
Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, the first lady of France, has been appointed by Gordon Brown to spearhead a government initiative aimed at injecting more style and glamour into British national life, the Guardian has learned.

Moving rapidly to capitalise on the national explosion of Carlamania, which saw Bruni-Sarkozy heralded as a new Princess Diana during the French state visit to the UK last week, Brown will formally announce the latest addition to his "government of all the talents" in a speech tomorrow at the Institut Français in South Kensington, London.

Last edited:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Let's hope this is goodbye to Saturday night binge-drinking by scantilly clad Brit schoolgirls who gyrate on tables pulling down their knickers and baring their boobs and yelling curse words into the night!!
Thank you for this great news, Ms Avril de Poisson!

Last edited:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I like this bit:
She is understood already to have spoken to the chief executive of Marks & Spencer, Stuart Rose, to discuss the launch of an affordable range of high-street designs inspired by the demure tailored grey suits that won her so much acclaim during last week's visit. They were created for Dior by the British designer John Galliano, who has signed up as a supporter of Brown's plan. The M&S versions will be roomier, and may incorporate several more practical features, such as zip-up pockets and mobile phone holders.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Let's hope this is goodbye to Saturday night binge-drinking by scantilly clad Brit schoolgirls who gyrate on tables pulling down their knickers and baring their boobs and yelling curse words into the night!!
Hey! My other half hardly does that at all now! Just at family get-togethers.

Yeah, Carla's got the M&S look all right. But no Tricolor, you notice. British girls would have the Union Jack proudly plastered all over their bums.

-Derek

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for this great news, Ms Avril de Poisson!

My husband has been wondering why I always act like this on a night out. Now I know - It's 'cos I'm British. Yay - mystery solved.

No way is Ms. Avril de Poisson gonna get ME in anything demure.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer Mao's fashion style. Just think of the money all over-civilized countries could save without throwing money down the drain of fashion.

small axe

memento mori
Registered
Reaction score
37177392.jpg

Stop touching yerself, bro ... you ain't the pretty one. :)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Well, since no one has mentioned it I thought I would.. you do realize if you believed this article the Guardian's made you an
APRIL FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: