Nonfiction book on Dragons

D.R.Agony

Banned
Reaction score
Hi :) :) :)

I want to write a nonfiction book about Dragons and how they were real and we have all forgotten how should I go about it :Huh:

Sorry for the smileys, I ran out of exclamation marks and question marks, I used them too quickly.

jerrywaxler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrywaxler.com
You can do this!

Jonathan Maberry and David Kramer just won a prestigious Bram Stoker award for a non-fiction book about weird and scary creatures. It's called "Cryptopedia: History of the Weird, Strange, and Downright Bizarre." Actually Jonathan made his break into horror writing by writing non-fiction about the folklore of vampires. It seems surprising but true.

Personally I'd much rather read about dragons than vampires any day. :)

Jerry

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
I expect he did research, then he wrote the book. (I'm not being a smart ass, I'm just trying to state things simply)

As they say, 'a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step;' you should first take stock of what you know already. That will point you to your next step; deciding what you need to learn before you can begin to write. Once you have learned enough, you can write your thesis statement and then begin to write. I suggest you submit your thesis statement for review here before you start writing.

Thats kind of how I began my thesis (or, should I say how I wish I began my thesis, had I had the experience of writing the thesis before I wrote it. Which is my only real experience of writing non-fiction. Normally I wouldn't be giving advice here, but it seems you are a beginner too, so my beginner experiences might be helpful).

Oh, wait. What day is today? HAHA, you got me.

Last edited:

Jenifer

Now with extra neurotic filling.
Registered
Reaction score
First you'll need a couple of hits of acid. Can't help you there- all out.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dude, there is no such thing as a dragon.

Seriously folks, there is no reason to encourage this sort of delusion. You aren't helping DR. He needs medication, not encouragement.

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
Old Fashioned Girl said:
Seriously folks, there is no reason to encourage this sort of delusion. You aren't helping DR. He needs medication, not encouragement

Which is why I suggested he take stock of what he knows and do research BEFORE writing a thesis.

Last edited: