PDA

View Full Version : I got book idea

Honeybea
04-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi Im new hear!

I have this idea 2 wrt a bk like how ppl wrt 2 each other in IM. Bcoz isnt that wear were going?

& my novel is practicly wrtting itself bcause my bff andrea & delia & suzanne & I wrt every day 2 each other. About everything.

But how much should I tell? what if 1 of U wants 2 take my idea? & has it been done be4?

I know I can make a lot of money off my idea.

Chicken Warrior
04-01-2008, 10:31 AM
If you can write properly as well as IMly and actually have something to say, I'm sure you could. Well, not sure, but..

Shweta
04-01-2008, 10:36 AM
First, Honeybea, welcome to AW!

Second, if you look around, you'll notice that not too many people are writing in IM speak. We have a preference for old-fashioned English around here. You'll find you have a better time here if you take the time to write things out in full sentences.

Remember, even if your novel is largely in IM-speak, your query letter can't be! :)

Hope you have a good time here.

PS: Pretty much everyone here has more ideas than time to write them. Ideas are a lot easier than finished novels -- so in general you don't have to worry about anyone stealing anything.

Karen Duvall
04-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I heard it's been done already. A YA book. I forget the title.

Mumut
04-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow, Honeybea, can we have subtiles? Welcome anyway.

Greenwolf103
04-01-2008, 10:43 AM

I SAW that book but darn if I can remember the title, either.

bluntforcetrauma
04-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I've written a novella in that vein. It was interesting. Good luck. First off, you have posted your idea with the date and time. That gives you some reassurance. Secondly, no one here would plagiarize. The idea isn't copyrightable. But your story within the context is.

Money? I don't want to sound discouraging, but 99% of all writers live in cardboard shanties under a bridge. Or so they say.

I certainly hope you continue to write and learn as much about the craft as possible. It's long, thankless hours of hard work. No one will be knocking down the door to read it. Not because it isn't good, but because there's so much crap being published there's not much room left. You will have to knock on the doors until your knuckles are bloody. And with some luck, it is possible to 'make it'.

I don't know if writing in PM is where we're going. Certainly it works on the internet, but it can never replace standard language usage. I mean, no one knows if you speak in shorthand. 'ppl' sounds like 'people' in conversation.

Slow down, read alot of the posts here. I mean alot. There are many pro-published authors on these boards. Their treasure is priceless. Start with 'Writing With Uncle Jim'. The man is a wealth of book-writing experience and wisdom. It will be time well-spent.

I wish you the best of luck. But you must be prepared for years of hard work and dedication. What if you decide not to go ahead and write your book and deal with all it entails? You will still be ten years older in ten years, write or no write- may as well learn a trade in the interim.

Should your book never see the light of day, you will have accumulated better language and communication skills, which are essential to all areas of life and work. I challenge you to find a university with as much to offer in the way of writing and interpersonal skills as AW. How much does college cost? How much does AW cost?

Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet a budding author and it will be exciting to watch you mature in so many ways. You'll cherish the countless friendships you will acquire in the next few months.

We're here for you.

All the best,
Rick, an unpublished writer

Sonneillon
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
I SAW that book but darn if I can remember the title, either.

I saw it too. It's bright pink and has yellow print on the cover with a picture of a smiley face. The title's in chatspeak too. Isn't it something like "C U L8TR"?

Either way, YECK.

bluntforcetrauma
04-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I agree, Sonneillon, the format isn't for everyone, but we must allow a writer their vision. Encouragement is good for the soul as long as we don't give out false hopes.

Birol
04-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Im new hear!

I have this idea 2 wrt a bk like how ppl wrt 2 each other in IM. Bcoz isnt that wear were going?

& my novel is practicly wrtting itself bcause my bff andrea & delia & suzanne & I wrt every day 2 each other. About everything.

But how much should I tell? what if 1 of U wants 2 take my idea? & has it been done be4?

Permit me to translate this gibberish:

Hello. I'm new here.

I have this idea to write a book using l33t, the language people use in IM. Isn't that the direction language is taking?

My novel is practically writing itself because I IM with my best friends Andrea, Dell, and Suzanne every day. We talk about everything in IM.

My question is, how much should I tell? What if someone steals my idea? Has this idea been done before?

I know I can make a lot of money from this idea.

bluntforcetrauma
04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi Im new hear!

Maybe I needed to ask this question first before posting a reply. Can you tell us your age? It would be of great help.

Sonneillon
04-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree, Sonneillon, the format isn't for everyone, but we must allow a writer their vision. Encouragement is good for the soul as long as we don't give out false hopes.

Yes, but between this one and the one on the fantasy board, I'm suspecting an April 1st prank.

bluntforcetrauma
04-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Yes, but between this one and the one on the fantasy board, I'm suspecting an April 1st prank.

What? An April Fool's Day prank sans pink? Methinks something's rotten in Denmark. :roll: If this is a prank, I tip my hat to the one and only Wiley Coyote!

kristie911
04-01-2008, 11:58 AM

Definitely.

Honeybea
04-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Um. U guys rn't as nice as I thot u'd be. Im serious.

U guys hurt my feelings & trashed my idea. & now I know what U guys R like just like the guys @ school who made fun of me.

U wait & see whn my book sells it will be in all the booksores & I won't have 2 wait tables anymore or life of my parents.

Shweta
04-01-2008, 12:04 PM
No no, April 1st pranks are restricted to OP.

Uhh.... and nicks.

But I should maybe punt this to BWQ, since it's a fairly basic question...

Shweta
04-01-2008, 12:07 PM

U guys hurt my feelings & trashed my idea. & now I know what U guys R like just like the guys @ school who made fun of me.

U wait & see whn my book sells it will be in all the booksores & I won't have 2 wait tables anymore or life of my parents.

There, there, Honeybea, I'm sure nobody means it badly. It's just a little awkward that you turned up on April 1st, when everybody was expecting tricks.

Though to be sure, you turned up on March 31st.

bluntforcetrauma
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM

Now I feel like a mother f****n' rat. Sorry I said those hurtful things to you. BTW, you don't happen to have any nudies of yer mama, do ya? Yer papa will do fine if Mom's butt pics aren't available.

Oh, and if you tell your parents, their lives aren't gonna be worth the value of their trailer.

bluntforcetrauma
04-01-2008, 12:12 PM
There, there, Honeybea, I'm sure nobody means it badly. It's just a little awkward that you turned up on April 1st, when everybody was expecting tricks.

Though to be sure, you turned up on March 31st.

Maybe if some people...rolls eyes...had the common courtesy to let a guy know this sh*t kids wouldn't get their da*n little feelings hurt. I hope she goes goth and cuts herself. Really, I don't care no more. What are you gonna do, ban me? It'll be your own d*m*ed fault.

Shweta
04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Maybe if some people...rolls eyes...had the common courtesy to let a guy know this sh*t kids wouldn't get their da*n little feelings hurt. I hope she goes goth and cuts herself. Really, I don't care no more. What are you gonna do, ban me? It'll be your own d*m*ed fault.

You watch that potty mouth, young man, or you might well be asking for a time out! *tuts and stalks off*

bluntforcetrauma
04-01-2008, 12:16 PM
You watch that potty mouth, young man, or you might well be asking for a time out! *tuts and stalks off*

I like it when you talk that way to me. Put me in the corner. Spank me. Make me watch American Idol.

Devil Ledbetter
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
In the novel I Don't Know How She Does It, the main character wrote a lot of emails and always signed her name K8. It made me want to stab myself in the eyeball, mainly because she was supposed to be a grown-*ss career woman. I was embarrassed for her.

It could work for YA maybe, though. Not that I know anything about YA.

JJ Cooper
04-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Have U thought about approaching Nokia or a telecommunications provider? I think you may be able to market your book to them and then kids could read it in between text messages to their friends. Or make it educational and kids can read it on their mobiles in class, in between text messages. I think I'm on to something big here.

*All ideas expressed in this post are hereby copyrighted and can never be re-produced by anyone other than JJ Cooper and Dan Brown. Dated 01 April 2008*

JJ

aruna
04-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Her profile says she is 13.
I think I will wait this one out. Time will tell.

JJ Cooper
04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
And a waitress. They start young over there.

JJ

D.R.Agony
04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Dont listen to them Honeybea :(
One of them stole my idea for my Dragon language and sold it already

Honeybea
04-01-2008, 03:23 PM
I cant help it if I work 4 my parnts resterant.

JJ, steel my idea & Ill bcom a lawyer instead. & su u 4 what shud b my $.

Honeybea
04-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Agony, Im sorry they r so mean! U can help me writ my bk & well get 2 keep all of it. :Hug2:

I hve 2 go 2 school.

D.R.Agony
04-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Only if there are Dragons okay :Huh:

I have to go to school too

JJ Cooper
04-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Honeybea,

Sorry, but I've already put a copyright on the idea. You'll have to think of something else.

JJ

Have U thought about approaching Nokia or a telecommunications provider? I think you may be able to market your book to them and then kids could read it in between text messages to their friends. Or make it educational and kids can read it on their mobiles in class, in between text messages. I think I'm on to something big here.

*All ideas expressed in this post are hereby copyrighted and can never be re-produced by anyone other than JJ Cooper and Dan Brown. Dated 01 April 2008*

JJ

D.R.Agony
04-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Youre so mean, JJ, why cant you let her have her idea
For all you know, shell never have another, one, and then, wont you be guilty :(

Shweta
04-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Are you kids going to school or do I have to lock this thread?

JJ Cooper
04-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Youre so mean, JJ, why cant you let her have her idea
For all you know, shell never have another, one, and then, wont you be guilty :(

Writing is a cut-throat world. You need to learn that lesson now, Junior. Like I said before, we're all in it for the money. I'm thinking of putting a copyright on that ninja dragon story as well.

JJ

Charlie Horse
04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Not to be mean but:

If this is for real (of which I'm still not convinced) this idea is: A) Not very original as I know something like this has been done, and B) not a very good idea.

Even with a stellar storyline, which would be absolutely necessary, it would be painful for most people to try and read. And if the idea is merely to transcribe 40k words of IM messages between a few friends, it probably wouldn't be very interesting either.

Really, I'm not trying to be negative or discouraging or any of that. Just realistic.

Lisa F
04-01-2008, 05:52 PM

I believe the title is, "TTFN".

Mandy
04-01-2008, 05:54 PM
TTYL by Lauren Myracle.

Actually, a very interesting read.

oswann
04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Are you kids going to school or do I have to lock this thread?

Lock it for God's sake.

Os.

Anonymisty
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
TTYL by Lauren Myracle.

Actually, a very interesting read.

She has three books in the same style - TTYL, TTFN and L8TR G8TR. My 8th grade students love them, but I can't get through more than a few pages without my head starting to explode.

Mythica
04-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Well this was entertaining...

Birol
04-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Was?

Mythica
04-01-2008, 07:48 PM
I think I missed most of the action and only caught the tail end of it. Hence the 'was' :P

Birol
04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm sure the two, young, self-congratulatory twits will be back as soon as school lets out. Sooner if they're smart enough to keep their phones from being confiscated in class.

III
04-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm sure the two, young, self-congratulatory twits will be back as soon as school lets out. Sooner if they're smart enough to keep their phones from being confiscated in class.

typical white response

BlueLucario
04-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi Im new hear!

Just to warn you. Chatspeak makes some writers violent. Try having a good grasp at grammar :)

Just write the story even though it has been used a million times. Try writing somwthing like that except this girl has no friends and meets a pervert on the internet.

reenkam
04-01-2008, 07:57 PM
She has three books in the same style - TTYL, TTFN and L8TR G8TR. My 8th grade students love them, but I can't get through more than a few pages without my head starting to explode.

I think they're pretty popular actually. I haven't read them, but every younger person that I know has read them really liked them.

I feel like you'd have to be very used to IM talk to be okay with it, though. Otherwise it would probably get pretty annoying.

That being said, to the OP...when writing on a forum it's best to use complete words and sentences and such. It's just more professional and keeps people from misunderstanding what you're saying...

Stew21
04-01-2008, 08:12 PM
:roll:

III
04-01-2008, 08:15 PM

typical yellow response

Stew21
04-01-2008, 08:15 PM
whatever you say, butt sniffer

aruna
04-01-2008, 08:45 PM
typical guy response

BlueLucario
04-01-2008, 08:50 PM

:roll:Yeah. When gas prices get low. But really, most writers don't really make as much money as the losers at McDonalds. Some people like myself dream of fame and fortune, which is even harder now, thanks to -She, the billionare author,--Who--Must-Not-Be-Named. :Headbang:

I'm going to head out and rob her, now who's with me?:e2chain:

Maybe I needed to ask this question first before posting a reply. Can you tell us your age? It would be of great help.

The youngest member of the forum. Her age is on the profile.

III
04-01-2008, 08:55 PM
typical guy response

oh yeah?

icerose
04-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi Im new hear!

If misspellings, bad grammar, and incomplete words are where language is headed, I should just hang myself now.

I can't stand it in IM's, and now it's been invading the novel territory.

Yes, it's all been done before, writing a novel (even in IM speak) takes a lot more than idol chatter. It takes an actual story.

That being said, good luck, though I hope you're wrong about where the language is headed, if it is, it better wait until I'm long and dead or I think I'll just sit down and cry somewhere.

Cranky
04-01-2008, 08:58 PM
If misspellings, bad grammar, and incomplete words are where language is headed, I should just hang myself now.

I can't stand it in IM's, and now it's been invading the novel territory.

Yes, it's all been done before, writing a novel (even in IM speak) takes a lot more than idol chatter. It takes an actual story.

That being said, good luck, though I hope you're wrong about where the language is headed, if it is, it better wait until I'm long and dead or I think I'll just sit down and cry somewhere.

You can cry on my manly chest.

It's waterproof.

Soccer Mom
04-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Honeybea, the reason no one can think of the title is because it was a stupid idea. Srsly.

Take some time and look around. You'll see we are serious writers. If you want to join us in actual writing, fine. !f n!t, w!ll, th! d!!r w!rks b!th w!ys.

Ervin
04-01-2008, 09:43 PM
AW's troll detectors are failing.

benbradley
04-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi Im new hear!

High, Huneybea! Good to sea you hear!

:welcome:!!!

I have a spechul publisher I don't usually tell newbies about, but I can tell by you're enthusigasm that you need a Reel Book Publisher, and hear it is:

http://publishamerica.com/

LOOK at that big Better Business Burro logo! IT MUST BE GOOD!!!

Birol
04-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Honeybea, the reason no one can think of the title is because it was a stupid idea. Srsly.

Take some time and look around. You'll see we are serious writers. If you want to join us in actual writing, fine. If not, well, the door works both ways.

Hey! If my post got edited, why is this one allowed to stand?

Soccer Mom
04-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey! If my post got edited, why is this one allowed to stand?

Because I tell it like it is.

You were just being ugly. If you don't like it, take it up with Mac.

Birol
04-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I've already reported your post. One of the mods will be along to deal with you.

Soccer Mom
04-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Whtvr. Lk 'm frd f th vwll chllngd.

ACEnders
04-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Wow...this thread kinda cracked me up! If it's a serious idea, yuck. No offense if the idea is sincere, but that was painful to read! I don't even text like that when I do text. And if it's a prank...well then April Fools!

BlueLucario
04-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh, Come on guys, go easy on the kid, she's new. I used to be like her when I joined.

ChaosTitan
04-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Because I tell it like it is.

You were just being ugly. If you don't like it, take it up with Mac.

I've already reported your post. One of the mods will be along to deal with you.

For goodness sake, you two are acting like my kids.

icerose
04-01-2008, 11:36 PM

The thread must be infectious or something...good thing I have my injections up to date.

:poke:

Spinal Tapestry
04-01-2008, 11:38 PM
I think it sounds liek a good book, honeybea. I'd read it for sure.

Trolling Plunder
04-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't like to read. It takes up to much time.

mlhernandez
04-01-2008, 11:53 PM
This idea sort of reminds me of the Japanese cell phone novels written by Yoshi and Chaco, etc. They're done in text/IM and are pretty cool. My friend, Clint, can't get enough of them. Of course you have to speak Japanese to read them but I don't see why the idea can't be translated to English...

I second Spinal. I'd read an IM novel if the story was intriguing.

III
04-01-2008, 11:53 PM
People, these posts are trending away from actually being helpful. Let's keep the focus on the OP.

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 12:00 AM
People, these posts are trending away from actually being helpful. Let's keep the focus on the OP.

The posts sound pretty Office Party-like to me.

swvaughn
04-02-2008, 12:03 AM
But really, most writers don't really make as much money as the losers at McDonalds.

It's especially fun when you're one of those writers who don't really make much money AND a loser who works at McDonalds.

Soy un perdedor. I'm a loser, baby.

:D

Constantine K
04-02-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm taking this idea.

lute
04-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Soy un perdedor. I'm a loser, baby.

...so why don't you kill me - Beck

Couldn't resist. This thread is hilarious. :)

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 01:55 AM
dn't lk t rd. t tks p t mch tm.

How about if we take out all the vowels for you? See how short that made it?

Chase
04-02-2008, 02:00 AM
y u steel my IDa? i gonna souix u.

Birol
04-02-2008, 02:03 AM
You're gonna turn me into a Native American? Srry. Bt 'm lrdy hvng n dntt crss.

Willowmound
04-02-2008, 02:05 AM

Willowmound
04-02-2008, 02:07 AM

:ROFL:

Willowmound
04-02-2008, 02:10 AM
JJ, steel my idea & Ill bcom a lawyer instead. & su u 4 what shud b my $.

ROFL!!

Ahh, *snort*, I'll stop now, I promise. This girl is a riot!

Honeybea
04-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Dammit. I don't wrk @ McDs. Its a hole.

& I cum in hr on my birthday & thot Id get better than this. :cry::cry:

U guys suck.

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 02:19 AM

U guys suck.

Believe me, we've been called worse. And so has McDonald's.

Birol
04-02-2008, 02:21 AM

U guys suck.

Yep. We work hard at that sucking, too. Wanna make somethin' of it?

Sonneillon
04-02-2008, 02:22 AM

U guys suck.

You 'cum' in here on your birthday?

No. No, it's too easy. >_<

Honeybea
04-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Fine. Now I get mod cuming in hr & picking on me. :rant:

Birol
04-02-2008, 02:23 AM

You're easy? Are you cheap too?

Birol
04-02-2008, 02:24 AM
Fine. Now I get mod cuming in hr & picking on me. :rant:

Look, what the fuck does it matter that I'm a mod? You "cum" into a serious writers forum with trite ideas and expect us to fawn all over you? Grow up, already.

HourglassMemory
04-02-2008, 02:33 AM
It has been done before. At least in my country, I have seen books written in that sort of typing "to get young people to read".

Cranky
04-02-2008, 02:35 AM
You're easy? Are you cheap too?

If she likes sausages, she'll hit the trifecta.

Honeybea
04-02-2008, 02:42 AM
F U all. U thnk U can talk that way 2 me?

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 02:44 AM
http://www.vincebreuning.com/pics/MJ_LOLCATZ.jpg

Cranky
04-02-2008, 02:47 AM
F U all. U thnk U can talk that way 2 me?

I just did. You'd better learn to sweeten your attitude if you want a place in my harem.

My other girls will eat you alive, if you don't.

Marian Perera
04-02-2008, 02:50 AM
Happy birthday! I have a present for you. It's in the quote box.

you
you
you

You
You
You

Now you don't need to rely on "U" any longer. You have your very own personal supply of the correct word. Notice that some begin with a capitalized Y, for easy use at the start of sentences.

And you're most welcome.

Sonneillon
04-02-2008, 02:51 AM
I just did. You'd better learn to sweeten your attitude if you want a place in my harem.

My other girls will eat you alive, if you don't.

What about your boys?

*RUNS*

CACTUSWENDY
04-02-2008, 02:55 AM
The dead give away is her picture and her loving Bloom....think about it....lol

Jean Marie
04-02-2008, 02:58 AM
Maybe, they are your kids. It's after 6, do you know where they are?

I don't like to read. It takes up to much time.
Yeah, well, not much light in the shack under the tracks, anyway.

Believe me, we've been called worse. And so has McDonald's.
McDoggy's is my personal favorite.

Yep, it is.

http://www.vincebreuning.com/pics/MJ_LOLCATZ.jpg
The large cat has spoken, in a manner of speaking.

Cranky
04-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Happy birthday! I have a present for you. It's in the quote box.

Now you don't need to rely on "U" any longer. You have your very own personal supply of the correct word. Notice that some begin with a capitalized Y, for easy use at the start of sentences.

And you're most welcome.

What a thoughtful gift!

Seriously, if a big hunk o' man meat like myself (clearly next door to a Neanderthal) can type in complete sentences which utilize correct spelling, then surely a little thing like you can do it as well, Honeybea.

And yes, that was a run-on. Can you do that in leet?

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 03:04 AM
Maybe, they are your kids. It's after 6, do you know where they are?

Of course I know....uh....hold on.

Dang it! Where'd she go?

Honeybea
04-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Im not takin shit frm som1 who puts hr kids ina cage.

Jean Marie
04-02-2008, 03:09 AM
I'm thinking that maybe, Spinal Tapestry and Honeybea ought to hook up and see how sweet things go.

Just sayin'. Little web weaving tryst. They appear to understand each other's text-speak.

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 03:09 AM

They crawled in there on their own four legs. Honest.

Jean Marie
04-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Of course I know....uh....hold on.

Dang it! Where'd she go?
Go find ur kidz!

Jean Marie
04-02-2008, 03:13 AM
They crawled in there on their own four legs. Honest.
They gots fur legs? I'll be damned. They knows how to locks the dore to?

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 03:14 AM
They gots fur legs? I'll be damned. They knows how to locks the dore to?

Theyz smart, those yunguns.

Jean Marie
04-02-2008, 03:18 AM
Theyz smart, those yunguns.
Bless there herts. Youz lucky to have smart uuns. So's many dum uuns out there, never mount to nuthin. Cagin is good.

Honeybea
04-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Dam YOU. Happy, now?

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 03:25 AM
Dam YOU. Happy, now?

Why am I being dammed? Do I have a leak?

triceretops
04-02-2008, 03:34 AM
To the real Honeybea:

Hello, Honeybea, and welcome to AW. Happy birthday, okay? And I sincerely mean that. Dear, you have entered a very hard-boiled writing community here, and I ask you to not take this message barrage to heart. Dear gawd, I'm praying that this is an Apral fuels joke. Because if it isn't, we're all gonna burn. Me, for reading it. But if this was a joke, it was in poor taste setting up the chum as a thirteen year-old female. So in that vein, if in fact we have a real body here, I will remind ya'll that words can hit harder than fists, and sometimes can even lead to death on the internet, if you can remember that unfortunate incident not too long ago. If it ever applied, "respect your fellow writer", is sorely needed here.

Honeybea, please learn to write in full English sentences. Practice. Read a lot too. Try some short stories out. We have a Share Your Work forum here. Post what you write--we'll give it a gander.

To the Cyber Honeybea.

You bastid. You really pulled one over on this Cretaceous sumbitch. I will now gently fade off into the fields and continue browsing.

Tri--redshifting, knowing that he's covered his big azz with a manhole lid either way.

Honeybea
04-02-2008, 03:56 AM
U get a you, Tri. TYVM. I :heart: You.

icerose
04-02-2008, 04:05 AM
Dear Honeybea,

I'm afraid you've stumbled onto a serious writer's site. I do think you can learn a lot if you stick around, however if you want to be taken seriously it's going to take work on your part.

Try writing your posts like you're doing homework. I sincerely doubt your teachers allow you to turn in work that's in IM format. That will be a good start. The more your write properly the more you will grow accustomed to seeing it. There are many amazing books written in good English that would really open up your world if you gave them a chance.

I know we can be harsh, but unfortunately the world is much harsher than this place, agents and publishers make us look like fuzzy warm slippers in comparison. It's going to be a tough road for you as it is for all of us if you are serious about becoming a writer.

There's a lot to learn and if you do wish to write a book in the form you are talking about, then I would suggest picking up books and other formats such as the suggested cell phone books and reading them. Find out what makes them work and find out where they originate from. Then write your novel and go from there. Who knows, maybe you'll hit the jackpot with today's IM generation.

Good luck, whichever you choose to do, but please make an effort to write to us as you would your teachers and I'll make an extra effort to write to you as a writer.

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 04:15 AM
U shoud join my site whear you can ern $$$ for posting articals/atories/etc etc etc!!! Its FREE!

I am gonna claw my eyes out if I see this spam one more time. Better yet, I'm gonna claw yours out Orclev.

Jean Marie
04-02-2008, 04:22 AM
U shoud join my site whear you can ern $$$ for posting articals/atories/etc etc etc!!! Its FREE!
Oh, come here you big you :Hug2: Welcome to the Cooler. We love everyone, yes we do. We treat all writers the same: w/ respect and fairness. We work together to grow as a family...this is where we usually sing the familiar Barney song, but, McCannister, our fearless leader, is out and about. She's more than likely on the hunt for more newbies mods`recruits suckers volunteers, to help her run the forums.

She likes to crack the whip keep things running smoothly around here, it takes a lot for that to happen. Anyway, have fun looking around and feel free to ask questions, except when it's mod volunteer feeding time. Not so great, then...

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 04:24 AM
C'mere little spammer. Time to feed the SYW tigers.

Shweta
04-02-2008, 04:25 AM
Listen up, guys.

Tri, icerose, and Blue Lucario are trying to give Honeybea some serious advice. If the rest of you keep screwing around I'm going to have to lock the thread. Could you please have the manners to allow people to be helpful and on topic?

Thank you.

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 04:27 AM
Pffffffffffffffft. Look who's decided to be all modly? How about removing Orclev from the face of the planet?

Stew21
04-02-2008, 04:30 AM
I can think of a few other creatures we could remove from the face of the planet while we're at it.

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 04:32 AM
Like Kung Fu Power Ranger Poetry Writers?

Spinal Tapestry
04-02-2008, 04:42 AM
leave me and honeyBea alone. Honey, if you ever want to chat, I can give you my ID on IM.

I just wrote an Ode to Chuck Norris that'll change your mind about poetry and kung fu, so there.

I'm gonna put it in my Power Ranger script I'm going to send in.

Cranky
04-02-2008, 04:45 AM
leave me and honeyBea alone. Honey, if you ever want to chat, I can give you my ID on IM.

I just wrote an Ode to Chuck Norris that'll change your mind about poetry and kung fu, so there.

I'm gonna put it in my Power Ranger script I'm going to send in.

Wow. My chef's hat is off to you.

I'm impressed with the power of your creativity.

Spinal Tapestry
04-02-2008, 04:46 AM
Power Up Man!

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 04:50 AM
Pffffffffffffffft. Look who's decided to be all modly? How about removing Orclev from the face of the planet?

I can think of a few other creatures we could remove from the face of the planet while we're at it.

I thought we were keeping this in the Mod Room? A little decorum in front of the members, okay?

icerose
04-02-2008, 04:51 AM
I did also want to add, Honeybea, that writing is a very hard way to make money, same with acting, modeling, and so forth. Very few make it big enough in the creative fields.

It's great to have hopes and dreams and to work toward them, but have other goals too. Start looking at what you want for a job while you're trying to make it as a writer. Research out colleges, now's the time to start because you have a few years to really shop the market.

Learn about the different job markets, even some of the bigger authors still have day jobs for the security. This will give you two sets of workable goals that you can do right now and it will give you a guarantee out of waiting on tables for the rest of your life.

Good luck and Happy Birthday! :Cake:

Jean Marie
04-02-2008, 04:57 AM
See, Temlyn sounds like Dawno.

icerose, hold onto that cake before Midnight Muse comes along and throws it into your face.

Dale Emery
04-02-2008, 05:10 AM
U guys suck.

I'm sure I've seen you in Warsong Gulch...

Dale

Trolling Plunder
04-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Listen up, guys.

Tri, icerose, and Blue Lucario are trying to give Honeybea some serious advice. If the rest of you keep screwing around I'm going to have to lock the thread. Could you please have the manners to allow people to be helpful and on topic?

Thank you.

You sound meen. Are you the boss of this place?

Shweta
04-02-2008, 05:25 AM
See, Temlyn sounds like Dawno.

Just don't blame me.

:gone:

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Hey its my birthday too :) :) :)
We have so much in common Honeybea except that you cant spell lolol

Terran
04-02-2008, 05:30 AM

:ROFL::roll:

Way WAY to funny.

icerose
04-02-2008, 05:31 AM
You sound meen. Are you the boss of this place?

MacAllister is the boss of the place, Temlyn is part of the mod squad. You can look right under a person's name and it will tell you where they fit in on the ladder.

Their job is to keep the peace and members respectful. Some mods are specific to boards others are general mobs, I think that's mentioned in the newbie board, but I'm not sure.

Honeybea
04-02-2008, 05:32 AM
I like U, Dragony. Plz B my BFF. I like dragons, 2. :Hug2:

Cranky
04-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Hey its my birthday too :) :) :)
We have so much in common Honeybea except that you cant spell lolol

Hey. That's not nice.

Don't make me crush you.

Birol
04-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Oh, come here you big you :Hug2: Welcome to the Cooler. We love everyone, yes we do. We treat all writers the same: w/ respect and fairness.

Forget that shit. I'm fed up with spammers, too. All they do is waste everyone's time and bandwidth. Watch me hit the Big Ol' Delete Button.

Cranky
04-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Forget that shit. I'm fed up with spammers, too. All they do is waste everyone's time and bandwidth. Watch me hit the Big Ol' Delete Button.

Sweet. :popcorn:

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 05:36 AM
I say we corral them all in the newbie forum. Let 'em fight among themselves. Anyone who survives the newbie tank for six months can then be let into a holding facility and civilized. I nominate our Dragon friend, Honey Bea and Kung Fu Poet Tapestry.

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 05:37 AM
Pft, Bea doesnt mind, she wants to be my BFF

For you old folk, who dont know what BFF means, that means, shell do things for me :):)

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 05:40 AM
Pft, Bea doesnt mind, she wants to be my BFF

For you old folk, who dont know what BFF means, that means, shell do things for me :):)

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/5/hahahahahahahaha128492446133242500.jpg

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 05:41 AM
This thread is making my head hurt.

And I have to let the kids out for some exercise. BBL!

Terran
04-02-2008, 05:42 AM
I say we corral them all in the newbie forum. Let 'em fight among themselves. Anyone who survives the newbie tank for six months can then be let into a holding facility and civilized. I nominate our Dragon friend, Honey Bea and Kung Fu Poet Tapestry.

I'm Grand-Fathered in right?:e2fight::e2fight:

Birol
04-02-2008, 05:47 AM
This thread is making my head hurt.

And I have to let the kids out for some exercise. BBL!

For you kids, BBL = Be Back Later. [/snark]

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Are her kids the dog thats laughing and the dog that doesnt get it :Huh:

Birol
04-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Don't you have a bedtime?

Honeybea
04-02-2008, 05:53 AM
I don't know quite how to say this. I'm "Honeybea's" mother. She got her computer for a birthday present, and well, all I can say is that she's already having her internet privileges yanked for a month.

Is there some way someone can keep her out of here?

I've tried to teach her manners, Lord knows I've tried. Not to mention how to speak correctly and be respectful. This is atrocious. I'm so very sorry.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I hope that someday she proves herself worthy of it.

D. R. Agony, if I knew who your mother is, I'd be giving her a ring, too. You'd better behave yourself.

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 05:54 AM
I'll have a word with a supermod about banning her. We'll make it a self-ban and you can decide if she earns the right to return. How does that sound?

Terran
04-02-2008, 05:54 AM
:e2yawn:

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 05:55 AM
m bhvng mslf prms bt thy tk wy m vwls nd pncttn nd nw dnt knw hw t tlk :( :(

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 05:56 AM
:also steals the letter "t":

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 05:58 AM
rrrghhhhhh

Terran
04-02-2008, 06:14 AM
m bhvng mslf prms bt thy tk wy m vwls nd pncttn nd nw dnt knw hw t tlk :( :(

Please someone tell me...can the Mods really take someones vowels?

If so that's hilarious.

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 06:17 AM
ys hy cn hy k mn :( :( :(

Terran
04-02-2008, 06:20 AM
ys hy cn hy k mn :( :( :(

What? Sorry I can't understand you.;)

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 06:23 AM
t trns t th cnt :) :)
Th jst trckd m nd thght th cld!!!

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Dn't lstn t hr, sh's lng!!!

Terran
04-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Whose sockpuppet am I?

Umm...Old Fashioned Girl's puppet?

Terran
04-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Dn't lstn t hr, sh's lng!!!

My head hurts.:flag:

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Nope. Not my sock puppet. And I'm not actually OFG. :D

Terran
04-02-2008, 06:46 AM
Nope. Not my sock puppet. And I'm not actually OFG. :D

Kinda figured that:wag: seeing as everyone is acting pretty strangely today.

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Whats a sockpuppet?????
And how did my picture and stuff change?????

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Sucks to be a critter that's only alive when someone's hand is up its ***.

Terran
04-02-2008, 07:04 AM
The Mods got ya.

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 07:05 AM
How did they do that????
Can I change it back?

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 07:06 AM
You can try, but something tells me you're helpless against it.

Soccer Mom
04-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Aw! Who's a fuzzywuzzy leetle dragon?

Terran
04-02-2008, 07:09 AM
:roll:That's so......mean, but what can you expect from someone who puts her kids in a cage.:poke:

So..... where can I get a cage like that?

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 07:09 AM
:roll:That's so......mean, but what can you expect from someone who puts her kids in a cage.:poke:

So..... where can I get a cage like that?

Try your local PetsMart.

Cranky
04-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Try your local PetsMart.

That's so cruel. I just liquor mine up. Sheesh.

D.R.Agony
04-02-2008, 07:12 AM
:( :( :(

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 07:12 AM

They also get special brownies for dessert. :e2brows:

Terran
04-02-2008, 07:13 AM

tried that but then they started smokin all my cigarettes, pickin fights..........

julief
04-02-2008, 07:14 AM
lol

this thread is crazy funny. I've been checking in on it all day.

Cranky
04-02-2008, 07:14 AM
tried that but then they started smokin all my cigarettes, pickin fights..........

Combination lock on the liquor cabinet solves that problem. Stash your smokes in there, and you're good to go.

Parenting 101, c'mon!

Cranky
04-02-2008, 07:15 AM
They also get special brownies for dessert. :e2brows:

Only if they're good.

Dale Emery
04-02-2008, 07:16 AM

Please someone tell me...can the Mods really take someones vowels?

If so that's hilarious.

Ths s Dl mr's mthr. Cn w pls stp ll f th dsnvwlng n th frm? Dl's snstv b.

Sgnd,
Dl's Mthr

ChaosTitan
04-02-2008, 07:19 AM
This is Dale Emery's mother. Can we please stop all of the disenvoweling on the forum? Dale's a sensitive boy.

Signed,
Dale's Mother

This is the mother of those two caged children. I apologize if your sensitive child was somehow corrupted. I'd hate for anyone other than the actual parent to be responsible for that.

Signed,
A Penitent Mod Squad Member

Terran
Combination lock on the liquor cabinet solves that problem. Stash your smokes in there, and you're good to go.

Parenting 101, c'mon!

:e2smack:

Dale Emery

You ppl kp tkng about this cage thing as if it's unusual for mothers to do that.
I think I gotta tk t my mum...

Dale's Mother's Sensitive Boy

Terran
04-02-2008, 07:22 AM
This is Dale Emery's mother. Can we please stop all of the disenvoweling on the forum? Dale's a sensitive boy.

Signed,
Dale's Mother

Ohhh yous in trouble now buddy.......

Shweta
04-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Speaking of April Fools jokes, I think this thread has gotten rather out of hand.
Closing it, and I hope no innocent new members were hurt!