Bored? -- I mean, REALLY Bored?

CurtisCandy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.onelastkill.com
If so, then take a minute and check out my YouTube site for my TV show. I've been doing the show - on and off as my schedule allowed - for many years. It's ultra-low-budget, call-in talk.

The show is called, "The Curtis Candy Show" because apparently I'm really witty when it comes to titles.

Recently, I had an offer to do a talk show on a larger scale, which turned out to be a shaky deal, so I backed away. However, now with the wrestling done, I've been putting more time into the show and I've taken clips onto YouTube to back up my efforts to get a show into the competitive market.

If you've got a few extra moments, check it out and let me know what you think. The site is HERE.

Thanks!

-Rusty-

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Is that really you getting hit over the head with a chair?

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
As a kid, I LOVED wrestling. I wanted to have Superfly Jimmy Snucka's children.

Did you have a signature move?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great to see you again, Curtis. I'll check out your show when I'm not at work busily writing poetry. :|

CurtisCandy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.onelastkill.com
I used a couple finishers. One was called "The Punch Line." It was a modified, martial-arts style heart punch. I also had the "Belly Ache," which later became more well known as "The Dominator" (Ron Simmons) or more simply, a Reverse Power Slam.

Jimmy Snuka is one of the most fun guys I ever wrestled! Very nice, albeit a little crazy, guy.

snuka.jpg

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Jimmy Snuka is one of the most fun guys I ever wrestled! Very nice, albeit a little crazy, guy.

Oh man! I'm jealous. You got to touch Jimmy Snuka!

Did he do his "high-fly" move on you?

Who else have you wrestled with that was famous in the late 70s to mid 80s?

CurtisCandy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.onelastkill.com
I wrestled Jimmy a few times. The first one (in the picture) was a tag match against him and his son. (His son now wrestles as "Deuce" in the WWE.) The guy I was teaming with was pretty new to the business. For this night, he was given a "Candy" gimmick and billed as my brother.

Anyway, we were in the locker room, putting our match together when it came time for the finish, which was, of course, the "Superfly."

I told Jimmy that I would tag in for that move, so he didn't have to deliver it to a rookie, who might mess things up. Jimmy said, "To hell with that. The "Superfly" hurts; let the Greener (new guy) take it!" So we did.

Of course, the next time I wrestled him, it was one on one, so I got the honors. Jimmy delivers the move perfectly, but as wrestlers are usually broadest across the chest, even when he lands with hands and knees, the bulk of the contact is still chest-to-chest, so it is a move that knocks the wind out of you.

One of my favorite things in the business was to try and make guys laugh during a match. At one point, Jimmy and I did a "high spot" (series of big, quick moves) then we put in a rest spot. In this instance, it was a chinlock. Jimmy put me in the chinlock so we could catch a breath. He was an easy guy to talk to during a rest spot, because his hair would cover both our faces.

"Oh no, Jimmy!" I said.

"What's the matter, brother?" he asked.

"I just realized that leopard skin tights give me a boner!"

Crude, yes, but effective. Jimmy was cracking up and punching me in the side of the head, saying "Shut up! Shut up!"

Aside from Snuka, I got to wrestle Tony Atlas, Tito Santana, Hillbilly Cousin Luke, Road Warrior Animal and a few others. I was scheduled to wrestle King Kong Bundy once, but his flight got help up and he couldn't make it. I worked on shows with him several times, and he was a fun guy, too.