Food Network Fans

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
So who else wants to admit they have a few favorite shows on The Food Network? It's okay, you know you wanna. :D

My current fave personality is Guy Fieri. Love his style, his attitude, and his sense of humor. "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" got me hooked on him. I love old-fashioned diners, and I try to not miss it on Mondays. It's made me want to travel more. I also caught an ep of his other show, "Guy's Big Bite," and there's a Fried German Potato Salad recipe I'm dying to try.

I've also gotten hooked on "Iron Chef: America." Some of the food they come up with is just....asparagus ice cream?!?!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I didn't like Guy when he first joined the network, but I'm really likin' 'Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives'.

And I'm totally hooked on Alton Brown... and Paula Deen... and the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten.

Ol' Boy's favorite: Nigella Lawson.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I am in love with Alton Brown.

On the travel channel, I love Andrew Zimmern (who is a local boy) and Tony Bordain of No Reservations.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I CANNOT stand Guy Fieri. Dude, if you're saying your last name all Italian-ish, than say GEE instead of Guy. He makes me crazy. And those sunglasses on the back of his head? Even commercials of him send me into fits of rage. LOL

I love Alton Brown. Love him. I would up and move to Georgia just to bump into him at Whole Foods. I really like Anthony Bourdain, who's coming back to the Food Network on Tuesday nights. Jamie Oliver's new show on Saturday is great. I DVR it and watch it on Sunday. I also love Ina Garten. She's amazing. But cooking like her will make you weight 7000 lbs. Ellie Krieger's food style is more my speed.

I :heart: the Food Network almost as much as I :heart: ESPN.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Ol' Boy's favorite: Nigella Lawson.

mine too...

nigellaPA_450x600.jpg

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
I like "Throwdown" and "Dinner Impossible" (although I guess they fired the host because he embellished his resume).

I, too, like "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives."

Paula Deen cracks me up because she uses so much butter.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
I like the sock puppets, I mean the science presented on Good Eats.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like Guy so much...

I love Paula. She's like everyone's grandmother on TV every day. It's great.

I like Rachel Ray cause I can actually make her food.

Alton Brown is amazing. Of course.

I liked Tyler Florence a lot back when he had the show where he went to people's houses. I don't like his new one as much.

Ina Garten is also great, though I can't really make any of her foods without shopping for them specifically...and probably messing something up in the process.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't watched regularly in a while since they got that Guy what's-his-name his own show. Annoying drip.

And I've had it up to here with Rachael Ray.

But I do love Alton Brown and I enjoy Iron Chef.
You and me, same page pal. RR drives me crazy, too.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big Iron Chef fan, and I totally dig the crazy cake competitions. The stuff they come up with is stunning!

dobiwon

Planning to retire for the 5th time
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
magind7.wixsite.com
I like the Iron Chef and Bobby Flay's Smackdown, but I think Robert Irvine ("Dinner Impossible") is becoming my favorite. I watched two last night, where he made dinner at Colonial Williamsburg (just down the road from here) using only 18th century utensils and cooking techniques, and where he cooked for some kind of King Arthur group, using only stuff from that period. Unfortunately, his future might not be so bright on the Food Channel--see this link.

I got a real kick out of a show (I think it was called Food Wars) where he and Guy Fieri competed by making food at a kids' summer camp. Irvine tried to make gourmet food in a camp kitchen and thought children would like it. Fieri made kid food. Guess who won?

MovieBlogger

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com
No one has mentioned Giada yet??? She's my favorite.

I like Guy, especially on DINERS, but I think he overdoes it with the hair and the sunglasses.

And Throwdown is kind of fun, but ultimately, quite mean.

I mean, here are some people, thinking they are getting their big break on the Food Network, only to find they are only a guest star on a show by a big TV chef, and his team of experts, all trying to upstage them (and often do).

anomalies

Registered
Reaction score
Mine is the Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten.

ina.jpg

There's a marathon of sorts tomorrow, starting at 11 a.m. Eastern. :tongue

She's a good cook. Classics.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
gotta show the love for Tony Bourdain, Alton Brown and Guy - especially when he's frying up stuff that I will NEVER be able to eat!

but I admit that in my heart of hearts I miss "Two Fat Ladies"... if you never saw this show, you missed a thousand heart attacks waiting to happen. Every show they used, on average, about a pound of butter, twice that of lard and at least two quarts of heavy cream!

... in the main course.

dessert was a whole other discussion.

:D

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
I cannot stand Bobby Flay. He makes me absolutely nuts. He's the annoying American, especially with what he did on the Japanese version of Iron Chef. Talk about taking negative stereotypes abroad! Totally uncalled for.

I also have a limit on Rachel Ray. Sometimes she's got a good idea, but more than half an hour of her is punishment.

I really like Alton Brown. I like Iron Chef America and I'm totally addicted to Ace of Cakes (Duff rocks!). I love the pastry competitions. Paula Deen is awesome as well, although I have yet to try any of her recipes....I'm trying too hard to lose weight to even risk it.