A reporter is coming to my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan Breen

Registered
Reaction score
She's coming tomorrow, to interview me, and now I'm feeling like this is a really bad idea. How clean should the house be? Do I offer something to eat? (She's coming at 11:30.) What's the etiquette?

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I had tea, coffee and savoury roulades (home-made - my speciality) for a 3pm interview. I remembered to have milk and sugar available. The house was tidy, which is a miracle around here. It went very well because she wanted the story and I wanted to make sure it was interesting. It's just a business meeting and I treated it that way.

Make sure the interviewer sends the story to you for confirmation, just in case something is wrong. And relax.

Prevostprincess

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.queenoftheroadthebook.com
I didn't care about the house being neat, because one of the threads in my book is what a slob I am. But, my husband sure did (another is that he's a neat freak), so he cleaned.

I offered drinks (coffee, tea, soda) but that's about it. Guess I'm not a terribly good host, either! (Thanks, Mumut - great idea to have snacks. Now I'll know for next time.)

Ziljon

Tortilla di Patate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daviddepalo.com
It's a good idea, Susan. And your house should be as clean as it would be if you were having a very important guest over. YOu want to show the reporter respect, right?

And if you have a lot of shoes--like Chuck--maybe you should have those neatly displayed too.;)

I wish you luck.:)

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
I would just have beverages (maybe sparkly water and tea?) and maybe something small to nibble on, like cookies or mini croissants. I can't remember if you live in Manhattan or not. If so, Payard delivers if you are feeling fancy-schmancy.

It will be fine, just be your sweet and charming self.

Susan Breen

Registered
Reaction score
She came and she was lovely. (I confined her to the neatest room in the house.) We talked about writing for two hours! Thanks to everyone for your help!

Prevostprincess

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.queenoftheroadthebook.com
"(I confined her to the neatest room in the house.)"

For us, that would have been the garden shed - the only spot my husband has absolute dominion over, as I refuse to step foot in it.

Please post when the article comes out!

Status
Not open for further replies.