Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
April is the cruelest month--or not, depending on whether you enjoy a bit of exercise or hate even the mildest exertion.

Whether you run, jog, walk, stairclimb, row, train on an elliptical or Nordictrack machine, rollerblade, cross-country ski, swim, bicycle, or do wheelchair workouts, you probably have a pretty good idea how far you move every time you exercise.

This thread is for everyone who moves for the purpose of exercise. Fit or flabby, young or old, long-active or fresh from years of sedentary living, give yourself credit.

Post the miles or kilometers (say which it is, please) you moved for exercise purposes every time you work out in the month of April. At the end of the month, I’ll total it up, converting the sum to miles and kilometers.

I’m expecting a pretty impressive number! (I hope my math skills are up to the task.)

Maryn, a walker

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nobody else? Oh well, I can log my own here, but the number won't be nearly as impressive.

April 1, 3.0 miles

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1 mile

Wow, two days of not walking really took a toll on me. I'd been walking every day (okay for four days), but skipped Friday because I was a wuss and it was raining when I finally got my tail out of bed. Yes, it quit raining, and the sun even came out, but by then I was out of the mood. Saturday I worked in the morning and was just too lazy to take time for a walk. So today, I'm trying to get back on track. Made it, just barely.

I mile for me today. So far we have a total of 5.5 miles, right? Come on people post your milage.

Nita

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
.00019 miles today.

Had to get my mail...

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On Sunday, Broken? Next time walk down to the end of the block and back, or around the house or something. Try to make it at least .00025 miles, it'll make it easier for our fearless leader to add.

Niita

Last edited:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Things were too hectic yesterday what with all the hubbub over the contest and all.

Actually I have a very physical job and I'm on my feet walking etc all day so I really get a good workout during the week.

Weekends are for lounging and relaxing and checking out the AW Forum.

Oh! And writing too, of course!

(Edit my entry to .25 miles then - I did also have to go out to my truck and find my parachute pants...)

Last edited:

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm baaaack. Went for another 1 mile walk, it was 7pm and too much daylight to ignore, so awalking I went.

Whew, drinking water and breathing now.

Nita

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
April 4th, 3.0 miles--and I jogged for a couple minutes in there, too, which is no mean feat (pun fully intended) for me.

(I've got to get a better bra for this before I hurt somebody!)

Maryn, minutely fitter

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're already at 12.95 miles--and it's only April 4th!

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
April 5 - 2 miles

April 6 - 2 miles (husband walked with me on the second mile, said I was on my own from now on, he doesn't like walking unless there's a destination in mind.)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Five Count-'em Five!

April 7, 5.0 miles, plus at least .05 miles to the car and back. (We do like our round numbers!)

Don't go assuming I'm athletic or even fit, BTW. If you saw me, you would assume I couldn't do five miles. Hahaha, fooled you!

It was pretty great, actually. Upper 50s, very light rain, nobody around. And a brand new kick-a$$ CD our daughter burned for me now that her entire collection is on her computer. You can get such energy from music, eh?

The only bad parts were that near the end my sock was rubbing a bit (I just peeked--no blister), and that there's not a restroom anywhere. I find my speed doesn't drop off if I'm genuinely eager to get back to the starting point ASAP!

Maryn, totally full of herself for the next ten minutes or so

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, are you and I really the only two walking, running, jogging, swimming,cycling, or otherwise moving? For today 1.5 miles walking and 4 miles riding the exercise bike. Goal is to walk 5 miles in one go. Got a ways before I'm there.

Also Maryn, you weren't full of yourself this morning, you were pumped up and high on endorphines (or some such thing). Since I've gotten into a walking routine I find I almost look forward to it. *shakes head* there's gotta be something wrong with looking forward to exercise.

Nita

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It can't be just us, can it? (Melina, you still with us?) I was expecting a lot of visitors from the Health thread. Guess that rumor about exercise being an integral part of health must be a big fat lie, huh?

When I turned a certain age-ending-with-zero I gave myself permission to exercise differently--and what a difference it made. I like walking--but when I did more vigorous exercise in my youth, I absolutely detested it. I felt, at best, self-righteous at having tortured myself cardiovascularly. (<--new word!)

Now I endure indoor walking (necessary about 4 months of the year). Once I can return to my favorite outdoor walking-place I don't mind the exercise itself, only the time it takes.

I think I'll go again today!

Maryn

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
jogged

I jogged my memory does that count?

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
Yep, I'm here, with stuff to report:

April 4 = 1 mi

April 5 = 0 mi

April 6 = 2 mi

April 7 = 0 mi

It's been really rainy here, lately, and I absolutely refuse to do the treadmill. Been away from the computer for a couple of days, RL has been hectic. Good job, you guys, keep it up! My mileage has been sporadic because of the rain. I live in San Francisco, so the walking is always a good workout (hills!), and there's always something interesting to see.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
April 8 = 5.0 miles

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Melina, good going, glad your still with us, every little bit helps. I don't have a treadmill, I'm sure I would hate it if I did, but I do have an exercise bike, not fond of it either. However, on days I can't, weather interferance or something, or won't, safety issue - I refuse to walk if drivers can't see me at all, dark or foggy, then and only then, I resort to the exercise bike. There's a milage thingy on my indoor bike, I think it's accurate. I hope it is, I've been counting the miles it has.

So that said for today:
4 miles on the indoor bike
1.6 miles walking the streets

Nita

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can't believe I missed this thread. Okay, here are my numbers so far (not counting running around at work, or chasing the missus around the couch)

April 1 -- 2 miles
April 3 -- 2.5 miles
April 4 -- 2 miles
April 6 -- 2 miles
April 8 -- 2 miles

My total so far: 10.5 miles

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent, everybody! As of noon Saturday (eastern time), our total is 51.6 miles.

Take a look at a map--whatever's 51.6 miles from your home is pretty far away, huh?

Maryn

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
April 11 = 5.0 miles (partly with a teeny rock in my shoes that I couldn't shake out, only move, grrr....)

Group's total 57.6 miles!

Maryn (Way to go, movers and shakers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.