Reputation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eussie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.unendinglove.com
Wow...I just realized I have all these nice notes from people in my 'reputation' folder.

What's the reputation whatnot about? I can't find any info on it (what does it mean? )

Cheers
Eussie

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Below a poster's nick you'll see some symbols. The white one that looks like a set of scales is for giving a person "reputation point(s)." If you click on it, a little box opens with two options. The default one is awarding a positive point. You can also give a negative rep point if you disapprove of a person's post. There's a line below allowing for an optional comment to go along with the point.

Folks have different criteria for awarding points. Generally, positive points are awarded for posts you found informative or entertaining.

There's info about them scattered throughout the boards, including this one here.

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
And you should always give positive rep points to those who give you directions, right Frank? :poke:

Jakalyn

Registered
Reaction score
another question about this: how many rep points do you have to have before you get that second green jewel?

if this has been answered (and i would bet that it has) i can't find the thread.

thanks!

Edited to add this: Nevermind!

I found a thread that mentions it.

i am still wondering though, in what increments does it give you a new listing, like "on a distinguished road" etc.?

Last edited:

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Another question,
It seems as if some people are able to give more than one rep point at a time?
first rep point I got took me to 11 (and you do always remember your first, don't you? LOL), then the next one(?) took me to thirteen then fifteen, and then whoooop! the next jumped me to 19. (YAY!)

Is it dependent on the rank of the person awarding the points? just curious how it works.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Once you hit certain levels you gain another rep point to give. I don't know the details, but I think you gain one rep point (to give) when your rep point hits 100? You gain another when your post cound reaches 1000. Or something like that. I know I can give out 3 rep points at a time now (so bribe me! <eg> )

Status
Not open for further replies.