Free Dr Pepper for everyone...

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
if Guns N' Roses gets their long-awaited new album out in the year 2008?

From Yahoo's That's Really Week, March 24-31:

"Speaking of unreleased albums, Guns N' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy isn't out yet. That, of course, is hardly news. But this week's GNR news story, while seemingly a hoax of Diddy-ish proportions, is in fact true: The manufacturers of Dr Pepper soda have offered to give every single American citizen a free soft drink if the long-delayed GNR album comes out any time in 2008. This just may be the best instance of soda/pop synergy since 'I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke,' or at least since Suicidal Tendencies begged for 'just a Pepsi' in the punk classic 'Institutionalized.'

But fans of either Guns N' Roses and Dr Pepper shouldn't break out their stereos and/or straws just yet...because, it should be noted, Axl Rose and his many interchangeable hired Guns have been working on various versions of Chinese Democracy since 1994. So if you're really thirsty for a free Pepper, it's probably best to hit the unlimited-refill drink counter at your local fast-food joint instead. And if you're hungering for some GNR, just satisfy your appetite with, well, Appetite For Destruction.

Oh, come on, Axl...wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too? Get that album out already!"

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
I thought Axel Rose was in prison. Something about ravaging a picnic table?

Voyager

Registered
Reaction score
Can I get a free tube of Lotrimin if Amy Winehouse goes to rehab for longer than 12 hours?

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
I'll take a used Band-Aid if the Rolling Stones stop touring already fer cryin' out loud.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
. . . Paula Abdul's first coherent thought.

That was thought to have shown up in a piece of toast on e-bay but was soon proven a hoax.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Would you believe I read this on one of my other boards, days ago? Yes, I belong to some really geeky boards.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My 11-year-old beat Slash on her first try in a Guitar Hero III guitar battle this morning.

First try. 11. And we've not even had the game for a solid week yet. So yeah, GnR's problems may be bigger than Axl Rose's chin implant.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
My 11-year-old beat Slash on her first try in a Guitar Hero III guitar battle this morning.

First try. 11. And we've not even had the game for a solid week yet. So yeah, GnR's problems may be bigger than Axl Rose's chin implant.

Maybe she can finish the album for them? Huzzah! We may just get our Peppers yet...

[says janna, taking a giant gulp from the 20 fl. oz. in front of her]

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I tried a Dr. Pepper onxe and had the shitz for a week. I actually danced on the way to the toilest like Axle on stage.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
But soon you can see their documentary in all it's full IMAX glory. A 40-foot close up of Keith Richards? No thanks.

I don't even want to be 40 feet AWAY from Keith Richards.

Voyager

Registered
Reaction score
I tried a Dr. Pepper onxe and had the shitz for a week. I actually danced on the way to the toilest like Axle on stage.
Isn't that what Dr Pepper was initially for? Like fizzy prune juice? Or am I mixing my facts with urban legend? Where's an old fart when you need one...oh yeah, napping.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't that what Dr Pepper was initially for? Like fizzy prune juice? Or am I mixing my facts with urban legend? Where's an old fart when you need one...oh yeah, napping.

Mm hmm. That's what I always thought, but I'm looking at the ingredients of one right now. Nothing about prune jui... Doh! Hold on...

*squirt*

Oh man, I'm SO embarrassed...

Voyager

Registered
Reaction score
I remember when Guns 'n Roses was COOL.

My hair was about 8 inches high. I was actually almost tall...
Ooh, aqua net the crap out of your bangs, hang you head upside down and blow dry. We was classy!

Janna, some things a Sally just can't help.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Mm hmm. That's what I always thought, but I'm looking at the ingredients of one right now. Nothing about prune jui... Doh! Hold on...

*squirt*

Oh man, I'm SO embarrassed...
Best advice. Never drink a Dr. Pepper an hour before getting a deep tissue massage.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Mousse... blow dry upside down until you almost passed out, fry the hell out of your bangs with a red-hot curling iron to make them stay (without giving yourself a 3rd degree burn on your forehead) - hold the sides of your hair as straight out as they would go, and spray them into lacquer hardness with Aqua Net Extra-mega-hold. I think if a brick fell from the top of the Empire State bldg, it would bounce right off that shellac.

Ahh... the good ol' days! ;)

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Can I get a free tube of Lotrimin if Amy Winehouse goes to rehab for longer than 12 hours?
And she has Eddie Van Hobo (go ahead, Google it if you dare!) for a roommate...will we all get free Van Halen CD's?

"Now, Amy and Eddie, repeat after me: "We made a decision to turn out wills and our lives over to the care of Gawd as we understood Him. And remember, it's Spiritual, Not Religious, and don't ask why, because Evertbody Says So..."

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Mousse... blow dry upside down until you almost passed out, fry the hell out of your bangs with a red-hot curling iron to make them stay (without giving yourself a 3rd degree burn on your forehead) - hold the sides of your hair as straight out as they would go, and spray them into lacquer hardness with Aqua Net Extra-mega-hold. I think if a brick fell from the top of the Empire State bldg, it would bounce right off that shellac.

Ahh... the good ol' days! ;)

Ah yes... I forgot about the wings. I couldn't do those either. My curly hair never cooperates with any trend. Good thing, maybe. I don't have any pictures of myself looking dorky...

*snicker*