Not open for further replies.

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
Hi guys,

I've just spent three days looking for a suitable market and I think, I've seen it all, but just in case. Do you know of any Christian markets that publish stuff on international travel or international Christian history? Apart from the obvious Christian History, that is, because I've already asked for their guidelines.

I'm sitting on this great research material on how worshipping a certain saint affected the history of an entire European nation. But I can't find a single market that seems to use this sort of material. It can have either a historical, of a travel slant. Catholic Digest might be one -- but do you have any idea of what's happened to them? They seem to have a new site, and half the links don't work, including the link to their guidelines... I tried to send them an email, but it didn't work, either! :Shrug:

Thank you!

Fresie

Last edited:

Julie Anne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.JulieAEason.com
Hi there,
This might be a moot point by now, given that you posted back in March, but I would think any regular history market would love an article like this. Just because it's got a Christian slant, doesn't automatically rule it out of the mainstream markets.

Good luck! Hope you've already found a great home for the article.

Julie Anne

ldumont999

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.louisedumont.com
You might try a few niche publicaitons. Biblical Archeology Today has done a few "travel" stories - but of course they were related to travel in the Mid-East and each had something to do with ancient ruins etc. I think you see where I'm going though. You could do a story on Christian Bed and Breakfasts for nearly any Christian publication, or one on travel for special needs or seniors (Grit Mag) for appropriate pubs that lean toward those markets.

Christian Women Today would take a history article on a specific woman who significantly contributed to the early church (not historical fiction though) and children's magazines (like Pockets - a subsidiary of The Upper Room) would also take historical stories IF you could 1) make them interesting to children 2) NOT simply a retelling of a Bible story 3) and pertinent to today's audience of children.

Louise Bergmann DuMont
Author of Faith-Dipped Chocolate and Grace by the Cup :Coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.