Can WE Start Another Project

overfiend

Registered
Reaction score
Was wondering if we could jump start a project along the lines or shall i say footsteps of Crack of death & Atlanta Nights.How about a series of short stories(worst and badly written) that have nothing in common with each other but somehow tie all together (might i add in a very corny way) in the last chapter.Any takers or best offer!

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Call it

"String of Pearls."

Go ahead, I dare you!

Or.... "The Golden Shower."

I triple-dog dare you!
tongue_stuck_on_pole.jpg

Last edited:

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Call it

"String of Pearls."

Go ahead, I dare you!

Did you know that "The String of Pearls" was the title of an actual Victorian penny dreadful? It was the work that introduced Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, to English literature.

But that isn't why I'm here!

Someone thought it would be a good idea to plagiarize Atlanta Nights over at the Authonomy site.

Really, no kidding!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
That is just ... bizarre.

circlexranch

Terri Coop has been known to write
Registered
Reaction score
Website
readinrittinrhetoric.blogspot.com
OMG! ::headdesk::

I'm sure it is some sort of grand scheme to show that crap floats at Authonomy, but, really, as if they couldn't come with their own steaming pile . . .

Copyright is copyright, even when the copy is so very, very wrong. I hope Travis Tea is suitably incensed and contacts Authonomy. After all, conventions must be observed.

On, and BTW to the OP, you've just told Miranda that a sting project may be coming her way. Although, that may not be a bad thing, to stoke her paranoia.

luv lit

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
I have a question, does the BBB give good news to non-members? Thats what PA told me in an email, when I questioned their "F". rating. I didn't know them even to contact real members, and give a report card. I got all kind of info, which I don't believe at all.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
Another vote for The Golden Shower.

Travis Tea and Charla Tann get kinky: an erotic adventure story.
With vampires.

Last edited:

AC Crispin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.accrispin.com
The Better Business Bureau is mostly useless for evaluating publishers or agents. They don't know how real ones are supposed to function, so they can't ID bad business practices from the fake ones.

-Ann C. Crispin

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
If someone wanted to organize this, they'd need to do it off the boards, so PA didn't know which of the poorly written books they contracted was the sting.

Of course, this has been done before and I'm not sure what point it would prove, at this point...but I would gladly contribute some drivel. ;)

PO'd @ PA

Registered
Reaction score
I say let's do it and go one step further by placing random sentences throughout the book like this " Publish America is a joke and I hope they burn in hell." or "If you're reading this then please call (PA's #) and tell them to refer to this page for insight on what not to publish." or "This story just proves that this publisher is anything but professional." There's also those weird phishing spam mails we all get sometimes that try to look official until you start reading and they just have a bunch of random words thrown together that don't make sense just for filler like :"The red ball cat bounces in utter holy on the bulldozer with ice cream rivals." Then after it's published imagine all the great laughs.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Won't work. One of the few things PA does is run a search for terms just like that.