KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited:

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
When my friend and I were at Petco getting her boyfriend a hamster, I saw this cute little leather pad that has its own pencil. It had a black cat on the cover (my cat is black), and I couldn't resist.

Congrats. I love it when that happens. I keep a pen and paper in my glove compartment for just such occasions.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
viola.jpg

Viola!

:D

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Haha! Actually, Wendy's has those big plastic 2-liter soda cups. I save those and refill them, and keep them by my computer with a bunch of ice in my drink so it won't get cold and I don't have to get up.

Are you stocked up on crackers and water for the month-long hermitage?

cate townsend

Registered
Reaction score
I have been back-and-forthing with an agent who rejected my first manuscript but who really expressed an interest in my writing. She asked to see the synopsis for my second (not finished, freshly started) manuscript. I sent it along and she really liked it and invited me to keep in touch as I'm writing!

That's awesome, Tomo. I wouldn't think agents take that kind of time with someone if they didn't see promise in their work. And don't you love it when inspiration strikes at odd times? As long as you're prepared...I ran a red light once musing on a plot point. Got caught, too. Should have pulled over like you, and wrote it down. Good luck with the agent!

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
I have been back-and-forthing with an agent who rejected my first manuscript but who really expressed an interest in my writing. She asked to see the synopsis for my second (not finished, freshly started) manuscript. I sent it along and she really liked it and invited me to keep in touch as I'm writing!

I have been stressed out for the past couple of days, really struggling with the introduction of one of my key characters. I drafted a couple of things that just were NOT working (they were competent, but they were too cute or too packed with useless information, or just not grabbing). And today, I'm at a stoplight on my way from the post office, and the first sentence just came into my head. And then the second! I had to pull into a Wendy's parking lot to write it down before it went away on my little pad that I keep in my purse. And then when I came home I had whole paragraphs coming!

I'm so happy with this latest introduction and I really think it's the one I'm going to use. It tells more about my own character than I thought I knew myself! She's a six-year-old girl and I wanted her to be interesting, but NOT in a "what a cute child" kind of way. By George I think I've got it! ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Congrats! Inspiration comes in the strangest places.