Not open for further replies.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Anyone want to get together for lunch and/or dinner on Friday, May 9th? I'm going to the Atlanta Writers Cub conference, but would be happy to drive up early to meet any of you fine folks.

There's an event at 8pm, but from about lunchtime until then, I'll be on my own.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you know I'll be there! I can meet up for dinner/afternoon tapas before the cocktail party...are you staying at the hotel? I can have a looksie around for a good restaurant that's not too far off.

Oh, and I'd offer my sofa, but I'm about 40 miles out AND I have four kids. I don't even want to stay here. :D

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Lol! Yeah, I'm going to stay at the hotel. I have a GPS that hopefully can do Atlanta better than it can Asheville.

I love tapas! We'll have much fun.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let me check the Missus' schedule then I'll get back to you. If she's not flying out that week, it should be a go. Uh...maybe I should ask you first if this would be acceptable for me to show up. I can be so...duh!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Let me check the Missus' schedule then I'll get back to you. If she's not flying out that week, it should be a go. Uh...maybe I should ask you first if this would be acceptable for me to show up. I can be so...duh!
Yes, I should have titled the thread, everyone but bluntforcetrauma in the Atlanta area...

Lol! The more the merrier! I

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Wait a minute - I'm not talking about Atlanta, Indiana.

Siddow

Registered
Reaction score
The ATL. Hot'lanta. Ya know.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your thing. Over there. Under your avatar. It says you're in Edinburgh, Indiana.

I know that Silly Rabbit. The water tower across town says so, anyway. Atlanta...Atlanta...sooner or later I'll remember where it's situated. It's in Nove Scotia, right?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Just reviving this to see if we have any more takers for lunch and/or dinner on the 9th or just lunch on the 10th. The very talented Siddow and I both know that the more the merrier.

Who's with us?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Well, do it! You won't be cool if you don't.

Besides, I'm getting all grumpy. Y'all dropped every daggone thing to haul NerdRUs all over God's green acre, but you won't take a meal with me n' Siddow?

I feel a flounce coming on.

Siddow

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, still waiting to hear back from Perks, but since she's in a hotel in Highlands/Five Points area, and she and I have a shared adoration for tapas, how about meeting up at Noche?

Perks and I have another party to attend here from 8-11pm, so I'm thinking maybe 5pm at Noche? Friday nights tend to get really busy there, but not until around 9pm, so we should be good.

I think Perks is planning to get to town around noon, so anyone wants to do something earlier, name it! I have a child situation to get covered, so I probably can't go anywhere until the babysitters get home from school.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Okay, you people. I just wanted to call out to any Atlanta area member who may be interested in a get together for Friday or early Saturday afternoon.

I'm gonna have lunch with RumpleTumbler and dinner with Siddow (and maybe Ben Bradley). MadScientistMatt would be a welcomed addition, along with anyone else who wants to join in.

Hello?

Siddow

Registered
Reaction score
It's probably going to be closer to 6pm for me, too. C'mon, Matt, join us! As far as I know, Ben will be there, too.

Perks, I'll call ya later. :D

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
I'll be coming up to ATL Saturday. Just give me a meeting point and I can be there. I might even buy a round. ;)

Siddow

Registered
Reaction score
Jason, if Perks doesn't see this, I'll tell her to get in touch with you.

AND...I just found out that Noche doesn't open until 5:30. Matt, Ben, Perks, see ya then!

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I'm running late, so it's just as well, and just found out my new office phone won't dial out, so I can't call Perks. Siddow, if you can tell Perks.. I'll probably be hanging around in Highland Hardware (or is it called Highland Woodworking...) by about 4-5PM, IIRC it's only a couple blocks north of the restaurant. See yall late this afternoon.

I might even go back tomorrow to see this guy who posts at 85mph...looking forward to my free Diet Coke.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching this with interest and some envy. Somebody take pictures, okay?

Maryn, glad you're all meeting

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
It's a lovely day in Atlanta, if only I could find any AWers. ;)

At least Neal was easy to find. Mumble, mumble. Grrrumble.

I'll try to get pics, but I think my camera might be out of batteries. I'm not sure they sell batteries in Georgia.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
And now I have to go look for Ben Bradley in a hardware store. And I don't know what he looks like. If I get arrested, somebody bail me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.