"Show" us your ideal writing scene/circumstance

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Here's mine:

The breeze is slight and lovely; the sun plays a lazy game of peek-a-boo from above the errant fluffy, white clouds. I occupy a worn and weathered park bench, green paint flaking from its wooden slats. On my lap is the day's writing tool of choice, be it pen and paper or Sally (my AlphaSmart 3000). I look up from my latest project, needing a moment's brainstorm, as my daughters squeal with delight. They chase each other from slide to swing, content with the outdoors and one another. I breathe deeply, gaze off into the distance until the perfect phrase comes to mind, and refocus on the work in front of me.

Now, where's the sign up sheet? Put me down for this every Tuesday and Thursday at 1 p.m.

:D

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I am at my Macintosh, my bulldog snoring gently in her bed behind me, my desk and desktop piled with notes. My dial telephone is at my left, my printer to my right. It's 10:00 pm and the deadline is in two days.

The phone rings. My source said he'd call late so this might be him. I answer, "Hello, this is Stephanie."

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm seated at the elegant mahogany table that was my grandmother's. Before me is a grey-tinted legal pad and a slim fine-point black pen. I have a glass of sauvignon blanc at hand, and seem quite unaware of my beauty, as I am lost in creative thought.

Fast forward to reality. The exercise clothes, stinky now because the dishwasher needed all the hot water. Hair tangled, since it was windy. No make-up, glass of water. Desk a cluttered mess. Not lost in creative thought but fighting to tear myself away from the freakin' internet and get a little work done before I have to make dinner.

At least I don't have to write by hand, huh?

Maryn, who'll make do

Last edited:

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
The cats are watching from their tiered scratching post, the SO is playing Enya and my fingers are keeping up with the flow of ideas from the muses.