LAKE TANGANYIKA

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
I wasn't sure where to ask this so I put it here. Has anyone been to Lake Tanganyika - on the Burundi shoreline? I'm doing research on the area and although there seems to be lots of online stuff from resort (well sorta) sites on the west side of the lake, I can't find any info from someone who has been south of Bujumbura on the east side. I'm trying to find out if there are any small fishing villages or low population areas south of Bujumbura. Does anyone know?
Linnea

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried government reports? The State Department has Background Notes and the CIA's got the World Factbook, and I'm sure there's other governmenty, geographic, census-type stuff out there.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I suggest asking to have this thread moved to the experts forum down below this one. I'm amazed at the questions that are asked and the answers people know. I think you have a much better chance of getting a decent response there. Puma

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
I suggest asking to have this thread moved to the experts forum down below this one. I'm amazed at the questions that are asked and the answers people know. I think you have a much better chance of getting a decent response there. Puma
Thanks for the move. You're right of course.
Linnea

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Have you tried government reports? The State Department has Background Notes and the CIA's got the World Factbook, and I'm sure there's other governmenty, geographic, census-type stuff out there.
Yes, I've looked at government reports and even have something current written only last month. I've scoured almost everything I was able to find on the net and only the more populated areas are dealt with, which makes sense. It just isn't what I'm looking for. Even if I could find a photograph of a stretch of lakefront south of Bujumbura it would help a lot. I'm afraid I'll find out there's some kind of settlement right smack dab in the middle of my ficticious compound!
Linnea