PDA

View Full Version : Water

Mandy-Jane
03-25-2008, 07:37 AM
To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine. And those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo ofEscherichia coli, (E. Coli) - bacteria found in faeces.

In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poo. However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poo Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of shit.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing this as a public service.

Mumut
03-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Install a good water filter.

bluntforcetrauma
03-25-2008, 08:09 AM
And never, I mean never, drink from the toilet.

Williebee
03-25-2008, 08:13 AM
I've had some wine that tasted like............. oh nevermind.

escritora
03-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Man, why did I click on this thread? All I drink is water.

A. Hamilton
03-25-2008, 08:25 AM
cheers!

Shadow_Ferret
03-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Our municipal water is some of the best filtered in the land.

However, any excuse to drink beer is a good one.

Perks
03-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Man, why did I click on this thread? All I drink is water.
I know what you mean... I drink a lot of water and now I'm feeling a little funny.

Hillary
03-25-2008, 10:17 PM
And THIS is why I spent forever trying to convince people to drink distilled water. It's delicious and poo-free.

Perks
03-25-2008, 10:21 PM
I should like to point out that no one is drinking poo. It's a bacterium, okay, okay a whole bunch of them, but let's put it this way - if you ate a monkey, you didn't eat the whole banana tree it was sitting in.

You people are making me cry.

James81
03-25-2008, 10:23 PM
In Soviet Russia, water drinks you.

Hillary
03-25-2008, 10:23 PM
I should like to point out that no one is drinking poo. It's a bacterium, okay, okay a whole bunch of them, but let's put it this way - if you ate a monkey, you didn't eat the whole banana tree it was sitting in.

You people are making me cry.
NOOOOOOOO.

FALSE LOGIC IS GOD.

WE ARE DRINKING STRAIGHT POO.

Just like when you eat fruit snacks, you are eating tires (they both contain some of the same kinds of rubber!) DUH. Straight tires.

brokenfingers
03-25-2008, 10:35 PM

You people are making me cry.Silly woman. No one is claiming we're drinking poo.

We're drinking water that has had poo in it.

Sheesh.

Perks
03-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Ahem, BF?
In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poo.

And THIS is why I spent forever trying to convince people to drink distilled water. It's delicious and poo-free.

WE ARE DRINKING STRAIGHT POO.

Bravo
03-25-2008, 10:43 PM
as drink my 4th glass of the day.

thank you guys!

brokenfingers
03-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Ahem, BF?

Yes. Exactly.

escritora
03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Why do I keep reading this thread?!? I have to unsubcribe.

JoeEkaitis
03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
I always test my water for the presence of Dihydrogen Monoxide. (http://www.dhmo.org/)

kristie911
03-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I like my poo water, thank-you very much.

But I like vodka better...does vodka have poo in it?

:tongue

Hillary
03-25-2008, 10:49 PM
But I like vodka better...does vodka have poo in it?

I fail to see how that matters. It's awesome. That's all that counts.

melaniehoo
03-25-2008, 10:50 PM
We only drink water from the big water cooler thingies because there's LOTS of poo in the water down here.

In support of the wine option, one of my favorite quotes (I forget by who, but a writer) is: I feel sorry for people who don't drink wine. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.

:D

Shadow_Ferret
03-25-2008, 10:52 PM
And THIS is why I spent forever trying to convince people to drink distilled water. It's delicious and poo-free.Ew. Distilled water is horrible. No taste whatsoever.

I should like to point out that no one is drinking poo. But... but... if we use our Neti pot will we be smelling poo?

In support of the wine option, one of my favorite quotes (I forget by who, but a writer) is: I feel sorry for people who don't drink wine. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.

I heard that in a movie, this drunk was saying it to this tea-totaler. Can't recall what movie though.

czjaba
03-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Remember: Water = Poo Wine = Health.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing this as a public service.

If this is remotely true, I should be really healthy. ;)

Hillary
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Ew. Distilled water is horrible. No taste whatsoever.

Do you live downhill from a sewage treatment plant or something? What on earth does your water "taste" like?

James81
03-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Do you live downhill from a sewage treatment plant or something? What on earth does your water "taste" like?

Like little droplets of heaven flowing down from Mt. Olympus...like sweet, sweet nectar flowing from a land rife with milk and honey...like the smell of a baby's feet after a warm bath and lotion.

clockwork
03-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Doesn't the water that makes the beer and wine have the exact same shit in it? Literally?

brokenfingers
03-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Doesn't the water that makes the beer and wine have the exact same shit in it? Literally?It's law in many places in America that brewers must use distilled water. That's why Coors was illegal in so many states for so many years.

melaniehoo
03-25-2008, 11:57 PM
It's law in many places in America that brewers must use distilled water. That's why Coors was illegal in so many states for so many years.

Reeeeeeeeeally?

brokenfingers
03-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Reeeeeeeeeally?Yeah, they use Rocky Mountain spring water.

Also, one of the rumors about why people put limes in Corona has to do with the water used.

melaniehoo
03-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah, they use Rocky Mountain spring water.

Also, one of the rumors about why people put limes in Corona has to do with the water used.

Well, living here I'm told people use limes to clean whatever nastiness is on the bottle. A lot of Mexicans wipe the bottle with a lime, then with a napkin, THEN squeeze lime in the beer. And they put several limes and salt, so really you barely taste the beer. I'm more of a Victoria girl myself.

Oberon
03-26-2008, 12:17 AM
A radio announcement I once heard: "Because of the flooding, people are advised to boil their water, as there may be harmful orgasms in it."

Shadow_Ferret
03-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Doesn't the water that makes the beer and wine have the exact same shit in it? Literally?
I don't know about wine making, but in beer you BOIL the water. Thus sanitizing it. (which is why it's ok to drink Mexican beer but not the water. And Melanie already explained the lime thing)

I never heard of the distilled water thing. Most breweries are located near a water source and simply use that.

brokenfingers
03-26-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't know about wine making, but in beer you BOIL the water. Thus sanitizing it.

I never heard of the distilled water thing. Most breweries are located near a water source and simply use that.Uh... boiling water is how you distill it....

That's basically what distilled water is. Water that's been boiled, the steam collected so the impurites are left behind, and then reclaimed.

Shadow_Ferret
03-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Uh... boiling water is how you distill it....
No. It isn't.

Distilling is taking the steam and cooling it back into water.

Boiling simply keeps the water in the pot.

brokenfingers
03-26-2008, 12:32 AM
No. It isn't.

Distilling is taking the steam and cooling it back into water.

Boiling simply keeps the water in the pot.Read it again, only slower this time:

Boiling. Water. Is. How. You. Distill. It.

True. Every word of it.

Shadow_Ferret
03-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Read it again, only slower this time:

Boiling. Water. Is. How. You. Distill. It.

True. Every word of it.
Not sure why you're getting argumentative about it. Sheesh. We're talking two different processes.

Yes, to make distilled water you boil it, take the steam, cool it, and VOILA! distilled water.

But to make beer you boil the wort. You don't then take the steam and make beer with it. Unless it's Anchor Steam beer, although I'm not sure exactly where the steam part comes in.

Boiled water and distilled water are still two different things.

kristie911
03-26-2008, 12:57 AM
:popcorn:

brokenfingers
03-26-2008, 04:50 AM
:popcorn:Hahahaha! Please, no popcorn will be necessary. It was but a minor misunderstanding between fellow beer lovers.

Now if he'd tried to grab my beer, that would've been a different story...

kristie911
03-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Damn it. I wanted to watch a good fight.

BTW BF, I'm pretty sure you'd have lost. If I'm not mistaken SF is from Milwaukee...isn't that like the beer capital of the world? :tongue

rhymegirl
03-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of shit.

Wow. Thank you for telling me this.

From now on, I'm only gonna drink wine.

Wine for breakfast. Wine for lunch. Wine for supper. And wine at beddybye time.

Mandy-Jane
03-26-2008, 05:59 AM
Wow. Thank you for telling me this.

From now on, I'm only gonna drink wine.

Wine for breakfast. Wine for lunch. Wine for supper. And wine at beddybye time.

Sounds good to me!