Nobody pull a Mario Vazquez!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
When the top 10 are chosen...no Mario Vazquez moves allowed!

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
I hereby announce that if I do not make the Top Ten, I will withdraw my entry.

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
OK, I admit it. I don't watch the show. What is a Mario Vwhoever move?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
He made the top 12 and then promptly dropped out!

DTNg

Going through the motions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writersrow.com
DJP said:
OK, I admit it. I don't watch the show. What is a Mario Vwhoever move?

He abruptly pulled himself out of the running citing "personal reasons."

Translation: Someone has some dirt on him.

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
I don't watch the show either but I do skim through ET.

It could be the gay "dirt" thing. I prefer the "he didn't want to sign the very nasty exclusivity contract" version. He's said to have an offer from Puffy Diddy (although I would say pan into fire on that score).

arainsb123

Learning!
Registered
Reaction score
Here's Mario's reason:

"Hmm ... I'm nowhere near good enough to win, nor to get a recording contract, so I'll fade into obscurity within a year of this show ending. No money there. I know! I'll create a media blitz by quitting and pretending I have deep, dark reasons! Heh heh! Those record labels'll be busting down my door!"

Last edited:

Zane Curtis

Dried Frog Pill Dispenser
Registered
Reaction score
Alphabeter said:
I prefer the "he didn't want to sign the very nasty exclusivity contract" version.

I'd say that is very plausible. As a musician myself, I'd rather scoop out my eyeballs with a red hot spoon than sign a major label contract in the current environment. I've chosen writing as the safer option (and I'm sure not many people could say that).

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Ray - I'm with you on the don't know Mario vibe. But...thanks to eating and reading the newspaper at the same time, I learned that Mario supposedly left American Idol because someone called someone to say something about how Mario had a special someone of the same gender. No one's confirming nothing from what this blurb said.

And now you and I know too!

Last edited:

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Alphabeter said:
I hereby announce that if I do not make the Top Ten, I will withdraw my entry.

Not me. As I said in another thread, even if I don't make the top ten I'm going to use the prompts as a weekly writing exercise. I use a writing exercise every morning, so this one will be a bonus. :)

mudflat_marshawk

american idol

mabye mario decided he wasn't up to being riddled by simon. i'll tell ya. all those contestants are talented. but, it takes a thick skin to stand up to simon's
cutting barbs week after week.

generally speaking, one must be incredibly thick skinned to get through life,, anyway.

good luck to everyone who submitted entries in AbsoluteWrite Idol!!

--mudflat

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
mommie4a said:
Ray - I'm with you on the don't know Mario vibe. But...thanks to eating and reading the newspaper at the same time, I learned that Mario supposedly left American Idol because someone called someone to say something about how Mario had a special someone of the same gender. No one's confirming nothing from what this blurb said.

And now you and I know too!

But doesn't "bowing out" kind of confirms the rumor? True or not, I think that's just sad someone has to give us his dream because of fear of something trivial like sexuality.

Oh well.

PS I am not bowing out !!! Yes, I admit, I've been hot tubbing with multiple beautiful women and a sexy d00d named 3 (or was it 7? I don't remember -- you know, it was the booze)...

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't follow American Idol, but I would think that that audience wouldn't be the least bit affected by his sexual preference in this day and age, despite the right-leaning proclamations of many in the regulatory wing of the entertainment industry.

To me, yeah, bowing out is like fleeing police who are walking toward you before you've interacted with them.

Hope you're enjoying all your hot tub soaks and massages (though you seem to give more than you receive??). You seem to get a lot of action either way. :cool:

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
blakeovard said:
I don't know who Mario is either... and what show is (was) he in/on? Is it a broadway show, or a television show?

Someone above said that he'd been chosen for the top 12 on American Idol and then dropped out.

(I don't watch it either.)

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
Wasn't the last dude that won American Idol a homerseshwal, too?

Clay, or somesuch?

I mean, it's entirely likely he was flamingly straight; but really, now, it's the music industry -- who gives an eff?

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
Really?

Eek! :scared:

I wasn't trying to insult him. Just trying to dig for truth!... and the truth of the matter is: she'd probably like 'im even better if he was gay! That way, they could flirt/ineract/grope without that pesky gender role and commitment **** getting in the way.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
PS I am not bowing out !!! Yes, I admit, I've been hot tubbing with multiple beautiful women and a sexy d00d named 3 (or was it 7? I don't remember -- you know, it was the booze)...

And we liked it! ;)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Yep, I love me some Clay. I don't care whether he's gay or straight. I just love the voice.

I DO care if he's a raging egomaniac, though, which I recently heard from someone who worked with him. I hope she's wrong... I like imagining Clay as a total sweetie.

Now, let's talk about BO BICE.

Anthony has a complex now because I blew dry his hair straight the other day. He looked in the mirror and said, "Hey! You made me look like Bo!"

Yummy, yummy Bo and his Whipping Post. Wait, I'm in the wrong thread...